and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
The Pom Queen

Travel Insurance Direct

As anyone used them?

I am meeting up with my mother in Hong Kong in a couple of months and need to take out a travel insurance, the problem is it doesn't look like I will be covered for any pre existing conditions which is fair enough, BUT, what I want to know is if I cancel a) because I am unfit to travel or b) my mum (god forbid) couldn't travel would I be able to cancel and claim my money back?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

If you are unfit to travel because of a pre-existing condition then you wouldn't be covered. If your mother couldn't travel, then I think you'd be ok.

There are travel insurances that do cover pre-existing conditions with certain provisos. googling "travel insurance pre-existing condition" threw up a handful of these companies, such as Good2go and 1cover

If you are unfit to travel because of a pre-existing condition then you wouldn't be covered. If your mother couldn't travel, then I think you'd be ok.

There are travel insurances that do cover pre-existing conditions with certain provisos. googling "travel insurance pre-existing condition" threw up a handful of these companies, such as Good2go and 1cover

Thanks:wubclub: You can tell I don't travel a lot in fact I haven't been out of Australia since we arrived 8 years ago lol x

I wasn't sure on the pre existing whether it was just cover once I left the country rather than cancelling before. Anyway off to have a look at those links:notworthy:

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest siamsusie

Good2Go is who my organisation insure me with Kate, I have been re pat'd once back and they were excellent.

Susie x