You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

shirleyt

Do I have the best husband or what?

15 wedding anniversary today and my hubby has booked us a suprise cruise, flying first class to Venice then 2 weeks cruising round the Med on Queen Victoria and finishing in Rome. All because I casually mentioned I would like to see Rome before we emigrate. He has organised my mother to come and look after the children, I'm so excited. Whats the nicest thing someones ever done for you?:biggrin:

Steve, Shirley, Louis 19,Lucas 8, Leo 4, Lily- Ella 3, 7 /5/10, TRA recieved 9/7/10, wa state sponsorship applied 20/12/10, obtained 6/2/11, 176 applied 20/2/11. C.O 10/05/11 Meds 21/06/11 Police check uploaded 24/06/11 VISA GRANTED 15/07/11

Wow you lucky lady, have a lovely time. I'd like to go to tevullia to worship my all time hero / demigod ... Valentino Rossi

Guest JonnyNI

You shouldn't broadcast things like this because all the other men get it look at what this guy does why don't you do anything like that!!!

Only kidding - have a great time!!

Wow how romantic. I think the most romantic thing my hubby has done is buy me roses when we first met :tongue:

Although we have booked a little break away for us both for when my mum arrives and I'm really looking forward to having some time on our own.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Wow you really must have the best of the bunch!! What a wonderful surprise & very romantic. Wishing you both a great time. :yes:

Hey I might show this post to my OH, as we have been married 23yrs in 3 weeks. Maybe he would surprise me!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest sh7t man no way

luverly thread--you lucky lady--one of the nicest things that have been done for me was by the wife many years ago--we looked at this old place in the country,and she didnt like it,but because i did (heaps of land) and i wanted a huge workshop,any way she give in,and we bought it--i went overseas on a 6 month contract,and when i returned there it was the biggest workshop in the world:jiggy:plum in the middle of the garden (its had electrics/sewer/water)--i practally lived in that place--how she arranged it,and kept it quite is beyond me--it wuz the best suprize ever (except for my children)

Guest guest36187

My husband went to Italy with my uncle as a co-driver for him. They were bringing back motorbike parts.

He sat outside George Clooneys villa all morning to get me an autograph as he had heard a rumour he was there!!!

Funniest thing......he wasn't!!! Nice gesture tho!

WOW you are so lucky!!!!

Just a tip - if you've never cruised before...... as soon as you get on board check out the tours and book them as soon as you possibly can. The best ones go the quickest, so not to disappoint - get in their early! Unless your confident to explore on your own, then you'd save a packet!

Also, the a la cart restaurants are worth booking a table at, beautiful meals yum yum :)

"If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you'll never enjoy the sunshine"

Aww Shirlyt have alovely anniversary.

My hubby isn't so bad wither - after I suggested we migrate to Oz he's working day and night so we can have a good amount of money to go with. This week he's working at Silverstone sleeping in a muddy field - next he's off to the Leeds Festival and then over to Ireland.

it's our 10 anniversary next year whlen we're in Oz so I can make it up to him then :wink:

My husband isn't too bad either. After many mishaps and blunders which messed up our Visa timings (thanks visa agent..) and an agonising wait leaving us with no furniture, a house we had to exit fast for tenants and pets already in Oz (gulp) he booked us a week in Stockholm with cruise to Tallinn.... isn't that lovely? We even saw the Dalai Lama in Tallinn! Sitting in Stockholm station now waiting to go back to the UK, and tomorrow thank the stars we fly out of Manchester to Sydney. I can't bleeding wait!!!!

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

Guest The Newlands

I think my Wife is also very lucky as I'm taking her to live in Oz! Nuff said!!

Guest mandi1971

Lol John and OMG you are so lucky, id love to go to Rome. I bought my own card and flowers for our anniversary lest week lol,:cry:

but i suppose i did get a week in Turkey :wink:

Mandi x