sending boxes to Australia - who to use

Guest john76

Guest john76

I'm sure this question has been posted a million times but I hope some of you dont mind helping me out :wink:

We are at the stage of working out what to bring with us and as its not a lot I feel a few boxes/crates will be more than enough, can anyone reconmend a haulier that will be prepared to ship a few boxes (we would rather pack these ourselves) any advice on costs, customer care etc would be great, thanks for taking the time to read this :chatterbox:

I'm sure this question has been posted a million times but I hope some of you dont mind helping me out :wink:

We are at the stage of working out what to bring with us and as its not a lot I feel a few boxes/crates will be more than enough, can anyone reconmend a haulier that will be prepared to ship a few boxes (we would rather pack these ourselves) any advice on costs, customer care etc would be great, thanks for taking the time to read this :chatterbox:

We are in the process ourselves and so far have quotes from three companies - PSS, Anglo Pacific and Excess Baggage - with PSS being the cheapest quote so far. I also put in a quote request from John Mason but haven't heard back. I can't vouch for customer service as we haven't engaged anyone yet. The cost will depend on where you are, where you're moving to and how much you're taking. All our quotes were based on packing the boxes ourselves.

My advice would be to get quotes from a few companies and go from there. I got all the quotes from filling in some simple info on their websites and haven't actually had to speak to anyone yet (I prefer this). All three companies emailed an official quote detailing what it covered and any costs that might not be included - only one included the cost of delivering empty cartons and picking up full ones outside the M25 in the actual quote price but the other two spelt out the cost per box futher down the page so I could work it out anyway.

Happy to tell you what our quotes were if you PM me but it's really just as easy to pop your requirements into the webform for each company and get estimates for you. As a guide - I got quotes for 5-6 tea cartons (roughly 25 cubic feet) and the costs including delivery were a few hundred pounds but all were under £400.