457 Sponsored Visa, Problems getting work!

Guest Hoobs

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all so familiar, being knocked back for jobs that I am over qualified for, and not even being interviewed for jobs that I am suited too. I thought it was just about where I live and the "its not what you know but who you know" issue, but maybe its more widespread than that. Really fed up not working, it just doesn't feel right.

Sarah

partner on a 457

Hi Sarah, Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same problems. It's really disappointing, isnt' it?

All the best to you. But we shall not give up!

It's a shame you are so far away from Melbourne, I would have loved to meet up.

Marta,

Thanks, the situation stinks, thought it was a "small town" issue. Its only 1.5 hours to Melbourne, not that I have been yet, as I have no blinking money to spend, as I have no job!!! AAAHHHHHHHhhh

S

• 1 month later...
Guest jdee

Hi, I've been reading this thread with interest. MAN IT IS TOUGH FOR YOU GUYS!!! though it seems the thread has died out now. I have a question though this may not be the best place to ask. I am just about to embark on the Visa online application process. I'm a acca qualified management accountant with a degree in chemical engineering [ though being late 30s I left engineering 13yrs ago] BUT should I apply for a [PR] visa or look for sponsorship?

Most of us are partners of prinicpal 457 visa holders who have work, but we don't.......

As the main applicant things may be different for you, but you only get this visa with a job, as for what type to go for, I wouldnt want to advise.

Good luck

Sarah