Seychelles shark attack leaves Briton dead

Guest Hatton

Guest guest30038

why the hell did they not ban swimming till this rouge shark was caught?

Should be easy to spot, being as it is, coloured red :goofy:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest30038
Im never watching jaws again lol jk.

Watch this, My 6yr old was on the end of the camera so if you find it boring fast forward till near the end

[YOUTUBE]H_T6JbG17i0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]

Guest guest37336
Im never watching jaws again lol jk. Poor people, hope they dont try and kill lots of sharks tho

I've got a bet with my brother Stacey that before 2020 there will be a significant shark attack in UK waters,:yes:.

There have been one or two reports of Great Whites being seen in many of the med countries and indeed of the coast of Cornwall (now Cornwall would be a a fair bet for an attack,:cool::biggrin:), though these reports (UK) have yet to substantiated I have little doubt that they are there dependent on time of year and food resources.

Global warming and the like have had a massive impact on the species found around our shores, from several species of warm water tuna, to sunfish and many other species of fish we associate with the warmer climes.

Watch this space Stacey.:wink:

Guest guest37336
Watch this, My 6yr old was on the end of the camera so if you find it boring fast forward till near the end

[YOUTUBE]H_T6JbG17i0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]

Tell you what Kev, that incident nearly made you into a soprano, :shocked::biglaugh: mate. Hope you had your cricket box on my friend.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest guest37336
Think I'd rather be attacked by a shark than have this happen

http://www.news.com.au/world/help-mum-the-bear-is-eating-me-teens-desperate-000-call/story-e6frfkyi-1226117176758

Not a nice way to go :nah:

Tell you what Baz, that is one hell of a chilling story mate. Truly, truly horrific, poor kid, what a way to go,:no::no:

Yeah tony i was about to say about cornwall, you never know!! There was article about a shark sighting around aberdeen area, i dont have a clue if it was true or a hoax tho. When i was in florida dave told me there were no sharks at st petes beach just so id go in the sea, i stupidly half believed him lol, but i felt quite uneasy the whole time. His nephew kept shouting shark every 5mins, im suprised he didnt get us banned thrown off lol

Guest guest37336
Yeah tony i was about to say about cornwall, you never know!! There was article about a shark sighting around aberdeen area, i dont have a clue if it was true or a hoax tho. When i was in florida dave told me there were no sharks at st petes beach just so id go in the sea, i stupidly half believed him lol, but i felt quite uneasy the whole time. His nephew kept shouting shark every 5mins, im suprised he didnt get us banned thrown off lol

Cornwall would be my bet Stacey, :wink::yes:

Me and dave watched a program about bears a year or two ago but it was on sky a few weeks ago again, cant remember what it was called tho. It was a american man that studied bears, he started off by saving two bear cubs whos mother had been killed, they lived in a type of zoo but were going to be killed in a few months. He persuaded the zoo to let him have them and then took them and showed them how to live in the wild. He did this with lots of bears. It was amazing how well he could interact with them. They all ended up coming back to visit him once or twice and he remembered every bear without tagging them. Was a sad ending though, a hunter killed lots of them :(

Guest guest30038
Tell you what Kev, that incident nearly made you into a soprano, :shocked::biglaugh: mate. Hope you had your cricket box on my friend.

Still got the shorts Tone. I was going to get 'em framed. There's a perfectly round piece missing where the shark bit. I thought it was a gummy shark at first but since identified as a blind shark.

Guest guest37336
Still got the shorts Tone. I was going to get 'em framed. There's a perfectly round piece missing where the shark bit. I thought it was a gummy shark at first but since identified as a blind shark.

I was going to ask mate, as you seemed very confident and from first appearance it does indeed look like a gummy, easy mistake to make I imagine, not being funny mate, but you were very lucky there Kev.:yes:

Guest guest30038

Just posted a pic in my album's of Jade with a tiger at Australia zoo. The disclaimer says along the lines of, "you must understand that tigers are carnivores and as such, Australia zoo will bear no responsibility for any injuries sustained whilst you are having your photo taken :shocked:....................not for the faint hearted :biglaugh:

Guest guest30038
I was going to ask mate, as you seemed very confident and from first appearance it does indeed look like a gummy, easy mistake to make I imagine, not being funny mate, but you were very lucky there Kev.:yes:

I sure was Tony.....................or was I? Lost a rod overboard to a big spanish mack that day and also lost my glasses ($400) when the shovel nose came aboard and caught me with it's tail...................I really enjoyed eating the bugger! :biglaugh:

Guest guest37336
Just posted a pic in my album's of Jade with a tiger at Australia zoo. The disclaimer says along the lines of, "you must understand that tigers are carnivores and as such, Australia zoo will bear no responsibility for any injuries sustained whilst you are having your photo taken :shocked:....................not for the faint hearted :biglaugh:

Nice pic Kev, and a brave girl indeed, :yes:

Guest guest37336

It's a weird thing is wildlife and how people react to it.

The VAST majority of people (with the exception of the occasional numpty) would never swim in an area that has croc warnings about, only sensible path to take.

But when we go to a beach (particularly OZ) and we see others swimming all our inhibitions seem to go away, I'm NOT saying don't swim, but take sensible precautions, never swim at dusk or dawn, in murky water, or where there seems to be a lot of baitfish.

And as far as people thinking that they will be safe in knee or hip high water, think again, not true, vast majority of shark attacks take place in these places.

I AM NOT trying to put people off swimming in the ocean, all part and parcel of the Aussie way of life is all, but just take note of the area and keep your mind on what 'could' be around, the same goes for 'Rips', fairly easy to spot if you know what you are looking for,:yes:

Cheers Tony.

Guest guest37336
I sure was Tony.....................or was I? Lost a rod overboard to a big spanish mack that day and also lost my glasses ($400) when the shovel nose came aboard and caught me with it's tail...................I really enjoyed eating the bugger! :biglaugh:

Had that happen once Kev. Sitting on the South Mole at Fremantle and put the rod down to roll a ciggie and bang, off went the rod into the deep blue.

Wouldn't have minded so much, but I was only using beach worms, must have been the strongest Bream or Whiting in the bloody ocean,:biglaugh::embarrassed:

Guest Sir Les Patterson
You eat it every time you buy flake at a chippie.

Not at any fish and chip shop I frequent. Besides with so much better tasting fish around why would you consider flake in the first place.

Guest Sir Les Patterson
Where we were in Melbourne, there was no choice, Flake was the only 'fish' that was on the menu at the local chippies.

Well I guess that's Melbourne for you....having said that, when my partner and I were there for the Grand Prix earlier this year we had fish and chips one night and it was whiting........but that was in the city.

Guest guest37336
You eat it every time you buy flake at a chippie.

I must admit when I have eaten flake (could be any number of shark species, including shovel nose) it has been a delight, very tasty and succulent, would pick it over many so called other 'better' fish.:yes:

Though don't eat it now but I did used to enjoy it.

Used to be one of the cheaper varieties at the chippie, but even flake has now got that bit more expensive.