Guest Guest31881

bad day at the office.....

Guest Guest31881

After talking to "save the lemming" about different things that happened at work and cracked you up, I though I would ask...... What funny things have happened to you at work. After working on the Ambulance service for 33 years, both in the West Mids and down south various thing have happened that had me laughing, this is just one of them.....

We would get regular callers, one such caller was a chap who would do anything to get up the hospital, we had a call to him at around 10am he had swallowed a watch (Took the strap off first) . after the obvious gags about time passes etc etc. we put him on the ambulance and set off for the hospital, I was driving and my partner asked why he called ambulance as he had swallowed the watch 3 days ago, So I am driving along and trying to listen to the conversation. the patients reply was...

Well the alarm is going off every morning at 6am and I cant get back to sleep. Do you know what an alarm watch sounds like in your stomach.....

I had to pull the ambulance over, I was laughing that much i had tears running down my face.

So what has cracked you up at work?/

Guest siamsusie

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: that has just cracked me up Colin, a classic!

Guest guest37336

Not such a bad day, more of a fit of giggles day.

When I was a prison officer we used to get all types in. We had one fella in who for some unknown reason would eat his own hair, and go around in the showers and eat other peoples hair as well,:shocked:, he should have been in a mental health unit, but such were those times,:no:

Anyway in comes a con who we had previous dealings with, a real xxxxhole, thought nothing of beating on woman and the like. So our SO at the time decided to put him in the cell with Mr Hair Eater, wouldn't have been so bad, but this other con had the golden locks of Samson, all long and flowing they were:idea:

Following morning, unlock, and as we knew what was going to happen there were three of us ready at their door. All of a sudden an almighty scream from inside the cell, in we rush and there stands numpty with a now cropped hairstyle,:biglaugh::biglaugh:.

We soon enough broke the party up and numpty was soon enough ghosted out to another prison. I swear to this day that Mr Hair Eater made a pillow out of the excess.

Cheers Tony.:embarrassed::biglaugh:

My funniest moment at work was..... I was working as an Area Manager for a mobility company, which was owned by a husband and wife. Not long after I started working for them they had a baby which resulted in me having to cover for weekends for them. Which didn't end even though the child got to toddler years.

So on a Saturday afternoon the owner telephoned me to see what had been sold that day in store. I rattled off some huge items that I had sold and made him a tidy profit... A few riser recliner chairs, a few mobility scooters etc... so he was saying that's brilliant well done and he said "say yay" so on the other end of the phone I said "say yay"

He repeated himself and said to me "say yay" so I'm thinking he's now got into all this American team building talk... So I " Say Yay" with a bit more gusto.... So he says to me "Say Yay" So I thought I'm obviously not throwing myself into this as much as he would like... So with a big deep breath I roar down the phone "SAY YAY".... then I hear his child say "yay" so it transpired that he was talking to his son that was on his lap whilst he was on the phone to me. I assumed he was talking to me and like a right numpty totally embarrassed myself. Oh the shame!

176 Family Visa GSM. Visa Granted 01/11/2011 Validated Visa Feb 2012

In order to stand out from the flock one must first be a sheep

Guest guest37336

As an ex driving instructor the clip below sums up many a day, 45 seconds in is the most apt part.:no:

[YOUTUBE]NEZv0FUPtcc[/YOUTUBE]

Guest sh7t man no way

when i was an apprentice electrician colin--i made a pyro (micc) in a bank in town--it was 1974,and the IRA where planting bombs in the uk--i didnt have a clue what i was doing,and nobody tested it:no:anyway the guy who came to switch the power on did so,and the socket blew of the wall:jiggy:i saw on the news on the night time that the whole of the high street had been closed,and the bomb team where called--did i get me bum kicked for the one:yes:i hate pyro even nearly 40 years on from the said event

The Divisional Engineer wanted to leave early one friday...I jacked up the back wheels of his car and told everyone else...They all wandered around to watch.

Div engineer gets into car puts it into reverse and ... We all got a big laugh.

He was a thoroughly good bloke that 'ginger beer':yes:

Cheers, Bobj.