Fed up waiting for 457 Employer Sponsorship

hoorayhenry

Hi everyone

Just thought I would write for no other reason except to have a moan about having to wait so long for my sponsorship............

My would-be employer (SH) offered me a job in April. It was all done through an employment agency who use an immigration agent (my employer pays for all this, not me).

Anyway, this immi agent finally got the stuff together and submitted an application in mid-June (to Canberra) for SH to sponsor me. And that's it! Nothing else............. every time I contact the immi agent he just says things are taking a long time and his case officer in Canberra says mine will be processed shortly.

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! Is it only mine that is taking so long?

:arghh:

The even more annoying thing is that if SH is accepted to sponsor me I then have to go through the process of applying for a visa, then medicals (I'm a health professional) and all of these seem to be taking forever............

So that's my moan! Thanks for listening, whoever you are!!

HH x

Guest Carolmed

Hi HH

I am puzzled why everything is taking so long for you. My husband is a nurse and the only agent we used was Health Staff Recruitment who found him the job at the Concord in Sydney. After registering with the Nursing Board of NSW, which did take a while simply getting together all his qualifications etc and because it all had to be done by post, everything was very quick. If you read my "What do we have to do after 457 Visa is actually issued" question, you'll see our time scale. I understand that the hospitals have a batch of sponsorship numbers already issued which they can use without going for one at a time for each applicant. As soon as we had a case officer allocated (with 5 days in our case) we were told to have Xrays (both of us) and a medical for Nic and that was just about it. I don't understand why an agent needs to act for the immigration process on your behalf - we did the whole thing on line. What type of job are you going to be doing - and what is SH? Feel free to come back to me either on my email info@number62.biz or give me a ring 020 8393 5227 if you think I can help. I have found PIO to be really useful, so would be good to reciprocate.

Carol

Yes that is quite a long time for that type of visa, im a nurse and going on temp long term buisness visa-job waiting, i sent visa application forms off beginning of sept and am now just awaiting my medical this fri-so would expect my visa to come through november time??And i had to wait till my application was checked and then lodged before being told to book my medicals. I also had a friend who went the same route (different state) and hers took about 8 months-and was all down to the hospital/migration agent being slow with the sponsorship process. Maybe you should email and give them a nudge in the right direction-after all, its getting pretty cold here now!!Hope they hurry up soon for you!

Hi everyone

Just thought I would write for no other reason except to have a moan about having to wait so long for my sponsorship............

My would-be employer (SH) offered me a job in April. It was all done through an employment agency who use an immigration agent (my employer pays for all this, not me).

Anyway, this immi agent finally got the stuff together and submitted an application in mid-June (to Canberra) for SH to sponsor me. And that's it! Nothing else............. every time I contact the immi agent he just says things are taking a long time and his case officer in Canberra says mine will be processed shortly.

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! Is it only mine that is taking so long?

:arghh:

The even more annoying thing is that if SH is accepted to sponsor me I then have to go through the process of applying for a visa, then medicals (I'm a health professional) and all of these seem to be taking forever............

So that's my moan! Thanks for listening, whoever you are!!

HH x

Jan hun,

hope everything comes together for you soon. We are having a mare with this LAFHA, ones says can get it another says cant its just soooo complicated....isnt everything.

Em x

Hi Honey

Just thought I would let you know how ours are going. Job accepted in June. Application for Visa's lodged on the 23rd July. Medicals done. Cats arrived 2 weeks ago. Yes it is frustrating. Our agent is a pain in the backside will not email us and let us know how things are going., even though I have asked for an update every week, even if it is not good news, as she gets annoyed if we email ( she is in Oz ).

Just a waiting game at the moment. We are paying for our agent, so you can imagine how we feel, with know feed back.

Mandy

Thanks everyone.

Em, I'll probably be bothering you again about the LAFHA when (if) I ever get to Oz. How are you getting on, by the way?

Mandy, you seem to be in the same situation as me - the agent my employer is using seems to be worse than useless. He just never gets in touch - and when I email him, he takes forever to reply. It drives you mad doesn't it?!!

Let's keep in touch.

HH xxx

Hi HH

Thanks for your reply. Yes we are having so much bother with her. My OH is going to call her today, well call the Director of the Company to let off steam. Its not that H, as we have explained to the woman we are dealing with, the hob was offered way back in June, contracts duly sined and sent off. House sold, animals are already there( arrived 2 weeks ago. And you don't even give us an update. I even asked her who our CO was and when she replied to this this is what she said " We do not contact them as this stops them from doing their work, and if you were to contact them, then we would know longer act for you" what a load of Bxxxxxxxx. However I have contact the LCU unit, and given them the information they require, so am waiting for them to get back. Can't see why that can jeopardise us finding out. The thing is as I said our agent is in Oz, so its not a case of driving to see her, even calling her is not cheap.

Love to keep in touch H. Speak soon honey. Try and have a good day.

Bye the way what part of Oz are you hoping to go to.

Mandy XX

• 1 month later...
Guest jajddowns

Hi Suzy,

I'm a 57 yrear old registered nurse. Are you intending to apply for permanaent residency after the long term 457 has expired? Could you give me any advice? We want to stay permanently in Oz-but are scared that when a 457 visa expires we would not be able to stay in Oz.

Jan & John

Archived