Guest sh7t man no way

sell your state

Guest sh7t man no way

which state offers the most in australia (jobs/lifestyle/education/saftey) for me its got to be queensland,its got good weather all year round,and with the mining industry a secure future (to a point) its a bit over populated in some areas, but is so vast if you wanted seclusion it offers that 2--on a similar note which is the best county in the uk (some people may be moving back from oz) for me it has to be yorkshire,its got every thing friendly people beautefull country side the list is endless:wubclub:so what do you think--also as a member which state do you live in oz,and the county in uk if living in the uk--i live in gloucestershire/queensland

Guest guest37336
which state offers the most in australia (jobs/lifestyle/education/saftey) for me its got to be queensland,its got good weather all year round,and with the mining industry a secure future (to a point) its a bit over populated in some areas, but is so vast if you wanted seclusion it offers that 2--on a similar note which is the best county in the uk (some people may be moving back from oz) for me it has to be yorkshire,its got every thing friendly people beautefull country side the list is endless:wubclub:so what do you think

North West Australia for me mate, not everyones cup of tea, but the solitude, space, sense of belonging, red desert, openness and at times 'honesty' :wink: of the people do it for me mate, plus of course the fishing is FANTASTIC :yes:.

Reference in the UK, haven't seen anything near enough yet, but I would say North Yorkshire, visited often as the majority of my family up there, friendly, crowds if you want them, but only a hop to the moors or the dales.:yes:

Cheers Tony.

I live in Hampshire :) and if I lived in Aus it would be Queensland! I've not seen much of Hampshire and none of Queensland so not the best person to try and sell!

Anywhere north of the Tropic Of Capricorn.

Sarf of the T.O.C. I'm selling for $50

Cheers, Bobj.

Im from scotland ( obvious lol ) my two favourite places in the uk are scotland and around yorkshire area. Really like County kerry in ireland too! Really fancy going to queensland but i dont think id cope with the humid heat so think its perth for us, saw loads of things i love about perth, can always move to queensland once we have PR!

Im from scotland ( obvious lol ) my two favourite places in the uk are scotland and around yorkshire area. Really like County kerry in ireland too! Really fancy going to queensland but i dont think id cope with the humid heat so think its perth for us, saw loads of things i love about perth, can always move to queensland once we have PR!

Well said, Jock. You won't regret it!

Cheers, Bobj.

once ive got used to the australian heat overall ill be on your doorstep with my suitcase lol

bob ive decided if dave gets offered a job in queensland then ill go lol im sure ill get used to the weather after a few months

Up Top.Awesome place IMO.

Lots of work around,lots of new suburbs being built,new hospital,water park etc.

Fishing ( apparently ) fantastic.Lots to see and do.People are friendly and helpful.

The lifestyle is so laid back that at times its nearly horizontal lol.

The only time you see a traffic jam is at a red light !!!!!

A 10 minute drive out of the city and you are in the bush.With all its wildlife.

Where else can you live when your excuse for being late for work was............sorry but the water buffalo was blocking the road.

Stunning beaches....some of them you can even go in the water.Although it is much safer to use the,hot springs,cold springs,swimming holes.

Litchfield Park is stunning,Kakadu is amazing.If you want to experience the " real " Australia then come and check us out.

I no longer skinny dip,I now chunky dunk:laugh:

Sorry but Far North Queensland has to be the winner hands down, surrounded by rain forests, White sand and blue sea, as well as the Great Barrier Reef. Weather rarely drops below 25 degrees, it's blue skies most of the year, picture perfect. The down side is there are not many jobs, unless you are in to hospitality, diving, nursing, tourism.

In the UK it has to be Yorkshire.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Victoria is the place to be. Four seasons each year so garden changes with each season which is lovely. Smaller State so can get around it, its only the size of the UK. Murray River, Mountains, Lakes, 90 mile beach.

European feel, good restaurants, nice people.

No ticks, crocs or stingers. I mention ticks because my friends who live in Queensland have both had one on them this week.

If you want hot and dry you can live in Mildura, Albury Wodonga.

Not much humidity so usually dry heat. Always get a cool change.

Can wear nice clothes in winter, do not need to shower 3 times a day.

What more can I say it must be heaven :laugh:

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

The sunshine state . Does exactly what it says on the tin .

Guest siamsusie

TASMANIA

wineglass-bay.jpg

Wine Glass Bay

ooq3c.jpg

Sisters Beach

10770705.jpg

Liffey Falls on the West Coast

Guest siamsusie
i thought you still got ticks in victoria

Sorry Stacey I didnt understand ? lol

Victoria is the place to be. Four seasons each year so garden changes with each season which is lovely. Smaller State so can get around it, its only the size of the UK. Murray River, Mountains, Lakes, 90 mile beach.

No ticks, crocs or stingers. I mention ticks because my friends who live in Queensland have both had one on them this week.

:laugh:

lol sorry i meant to quote it, Im probably wrong, i just thought id read somewhere about pets getting ticks in victoria. They are horrible things!!

i thought you still got ticks in victoria

They do, Jock...lunaTICS:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

for me it has to be WA as the fashion is second to none and very family orientated ....:GEEK:....

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

bob ive decided if dave gets offered a job in queensland then ill go lol im sure ill get used to the weather after a few months

Stacey, it would take yrs to get use to humidity ,maybe a life time ,its day and night , i know people that have been here 40 odd yrs and they hate the humidity , their Daughter lives iin the middle of knowhere in Darwin and its pure hell when they visit in the winnibago , its ok if your born there .......the odd days we get it in Perth is real hard work when working in it , but we dont get too many , those are the days when its unbearable ....

I've lived in Brisbane 9 years and cannot get used to the humidity and intense sun. Papers report UV levels as extreme most days - no exaggeration. Fed up of shorts and tshirts. Hopefully I can sell my house before the worst comes. Moving to Melbourne.

for me it has to be WA as the fashion is second to none and very family orientated ....:GEEK:....

:confused: ok, who stole my traditional WA outback picture.............:policeman:

Guest siamsusie
:confused: ok, who stole my traditional WA outback picture.............:policeman:

It was removed Tonyman it wasnt appropriate for the Forum x