and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Hatton

uNEMPLOYMENT RATES MY COUNTRY.

Guest sh7t man no way
Found this quite interesting.

UK has 7.7% of the population unemployed while Oz is only 5.1% France is a surprising 9.7%, but look at some of the less developed Countries below.:eek:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/unemployment-rates-list-by-country

-- it suprizes me hatton that france is so high--maybee they may be the next european country to go to the bank:shocked:and say we are skint--on a foot note some friends where over from queensland a couple of weeks ago,and say thing are pretty tight on the jobs front over there (queensland)

Reports in the US say around 9%....in reality it's closer to 16% because they don't count the people that have fallen off unemployment benefits and still can't find a job.

Found this quite interesting.

UK has 7.7% of the population unemployed while Oz is only 5.1% France is a surprising 9.7%, but look at some of the less developed Countries below.:eek:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/unemployment-rates-list-by-country

They are the official figures but I have a suspicion that they are really much higher. My Nephew is 20, never had a job (apart from working in a pizza shop at night) but he's been on course after course with no jobs at the end of them. They just keep saying to him try this course.

A few of his mates are in the same situation too.

I don't think things have changed too much either. When I was made redundant when I lived there in the 80's I couldn't stand being at home idle until something showed up so I went and found a local course run by the government. So even then they had things in place which skewed the real figures.

The UK has been there before by the way. Remember the UB40 song 1 in 10?