The Pom Queen

The Best Pie

So they say Aussies love their pies and I wondered what your favourite pie is?

In the UK I use to love Hollands Pork Pies, over here I think the best pie has been in Cairns the Bushmans Pie. I love their steak, pea and potato pie.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest Guest31881

Balti pies from Walsall Football club on a match day.

In the land I am soon to be formerly from, pies are only sweet. That being said my favorite is Pecan Pie. It's kind of a custard with pecans in it. Oh so delicious.

In the land I am soon to be formerly from, pies are only sweet. That being said my favorite is Pecan Pie. It's kind of a custard with pecans in it. Oh so delicious.

Sounds delicious :wubclub:

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest siamsusie

Home made chicken curry pies from Exeter , Tasmania, I try not to stop too often, they are so moorish.

Guest guest37336

Dead common me, MRS MAC'S STEAK AND CHEESE,:notworthy::notworthy:

But it has to be hot enough for the cheese to give you first degree burns to the roof of your mouth, and eaten with a strong cup of tea,:notworthy::notworthy:

Have yet to find a pie in the UK (prepackaged) that comes anywhere near them.:no:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest guest37336

I would have also mentioned the famous 'Floater' nice enough, but I happened to have my first one when my eldest (at the time) was being toilet trained, somehow put me off very slightly.:confused:

I am not that discerning really. Curry pie, meat pie, whatever, as long as its not made from lips and a*seholes its usually fine by me.

This thread reminds me of the (original) record sleeve to 'Mom's Apple Pie'. A collectors item now.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

I did enjoy a good cheese and onion pie in the UK, but have yet to find one here. In the meantime Mrs Macs Crusier pies (albeit not C&O) are pretty good.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

i liked the goulash pies at jesters but they have stopped making them so ......

Guest Sir Les Patterson
over here I think the best pie has been in Cairns the Bushmans Pie.

Bushman's aren't bad but nothing beats Mocka's Pies at Port Douglas

Guest Guest 47403
Balti pies from Walsall Football club on a match day.

Got to agree balti pies are lovely, not sure about your taste in football though Colin :biggrin:

Guest Guest31881
Got to agree balti pies are lovely, not sure about your taste in football though Colin :biggrin:

Actually i used to get paid to watch the match as they needed ambulance cover for the games, So it could be , Walsall, Wolves, WBA and occasionally Villa and B'ham city. Just depended who was playing at home, :biggrin:

Also Covered Wolves race course as well, but their pies were not good LOL

Guest Guest16631

...................the best pie's a homemade pie...................you know exactly whats in it..............a monday pie..................sundays left over veg and meat ....................rough chopped..............gravy and topped with a suet crust [meat].............or puff pastry [chicken].................or a melton mowbray pork pie.....!

Guest Guest 47403
Actually i used to get paid to watch the match as they needed ambulance cover for the games, So it could be , Walsall, Wolves, WBA and occasionally Villa and B'ham city. Just depended who was playing at home, :biggrin:

Also Covered Wolves race course as well, but their pies were not good LOL

Paid to watch the Villa my idea of heaven, think I'd have pulled a sickie if the asked me to watch Birmingham though!

BOSCASTLE pies are pretty good (sold in VIctoria, not sure about other States)

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Guest sh7t man no way

what about home made pies--lesley does a luverly steak/ale pie--best in the world--gee i must be getting old i remember me mums,and grans pies--all made to order chicken/steak/mince--you could put almost anything in them yummy--does anyone bake pies thesedays if so how about a few recipes:yes:

Jesters pies for me , they are perfect,they have been doing a lamb pie for some time too........and their chips are suppose to be the best in the world...........

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

I went to that Harrys Cafe De Wheels in Wooloomoloo Sydney once and was distinctly unimpressed. Garlos pies are minging. That Pie Face is canny though.

Still nowt better than Maws Pies from Sunderland. RIP.

457 - Nomination Submitted 17/02/2011. Nomination Approved 12/03/2011. e457 Submitted 13/03/2011. Visa Approved 26/03/2011. Landing in Sydney 23/05/2011.

Guest Bazinga

We had a few on a road trip from central coast up to Burleigh Hrads QLD & a few central coast down to Canberra.

Fredos in Kempsey were special. Crocodile I think! Had some in Berry that were also lovely. Any one like pukka pies??! When I was a kid used to have them from the local chippy on a sat. Luvverly.

Love a pork pie too

Home made scouse pies with red cabbage,other than that peppered steak pies from sayers,waterfields wherever tbh,love pies and pasties me:biggrin:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub: