@jooby midwife in nsw

Guest markeason

Guest markeason

Hi all hope im doing this right new to forums lol!!!

Anyway thinking of moving to oz for a while now and looking to move to nsw, probably camden area, my wife is a training to be midwife and qualifies in september, and looking for people or hospitals to contact and get more info and see if they would take recently qualified or not etc? Obviosly from jooby post wondered if you have anyone we could contact or speak to?

Thanks

Mark:wink:

Guest Guest31881

Hi mark,

Welcome to PIO. I have moved your question to the migration forum, the thread you had attached to was over 12 months old and you may not have got replies on there. I hope you get the answers you need from here, Also search the threads and you will find a nurses thread that may help with answers. :biggrin:

Guest markeason

thankyou!! lol new io would put it in wrong place, look forward to getting to know you all and reading up on all forums!!

Thanks again

mark

Guest markeason

hi mrspotatohead, thankyou for your reply, basicly me and wife looking at emigrating and have decided that camden is a good area as i am a carpenter/boat builder by trade and looking at sydney there seems to be a lot of potential there for work, also my wife has just qualified as a midwife and the hospitals around the area look very good!! we are at the early stages of looking and gathering info on the area so anything you could advise etc would be much appreciated. we have 2 children too one 8 and one 6 so there are schools etc we need to find out about!!

thanks again look forward to hearing from you

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
hi mrspotatohead, thankyou for your reply, basicly me and wife looking at emigrating and have decided that camden is a good area as i am a carpenter/boat builder by trade and looking at sydney there seems to be a lot of potential there for work, also my wife has just qualified as a midwife and the hospitals around the area look very good!! we are at the early stages of looking and gathering info on the area so anything you could advise etc would be much appreciated. we have 2 children too one 8 and one 6 so there are schools etc we need to find out about!!

thanks again look forward to hearing from you

Mark

Sorry Mark, not been on for a while. Ok, in terms of schools, it depends on where you want to live exactly and whether you want them to go to public or private school.

Macarthur anglican (Cobbity) and Broughton Anglican (Campbelltown) are both very good schools and are primary & high so your kids can stay put for the duration of their schooling. Broughton is cheaper than Macarthur Anglican.

For public....If your living in the Narellan area, Narellan Vale Primary is also a very good public school. I've not heard too much about the primary schools in Camden, but when the time comes for high school, Camden high is a good school and was rebuilt about 7 years ago.

Camden is a lovely area, but it can be quiet. It has a small town feel but you are still close to Narellan shops or a little further up the road to Macarthur Square (Campbelltown). One thing I will say is that if you plan to live in Camden and work in Campbelltown, Narellan Road traffic is horrendous at peak times.

If your looking for a new home, the surrounding area has lots of new estates, or recently established estates. There is Narellan Vale, Mount Annan, Harrington Park, Elderslie, Kirkham (pricey) and Bridgewater (also pricey). For older established homes, you'll get the lowest priced homes in Currans Hill (beware that depending on where your house is, you may be able to smell the local chicken farm in summer), then Narellan and Mount Annan, then Narellan Vale. Camden South is also very good value for money, but some streets arent very well looked after.

If you plan to work in Campbelltown, there are also newer suburbs there like Macarthur Gardens and Glen Atholl. However, Glen Alpine is a little older, but gets a good name...but you pay for it. Avoid Eschol Park, Airds, Ruse, St Helens Park and Rosemeadow. I know some people love living there, but a little rough for my liking.

Things to do~ Narellan Town Centre has an abundance of shops and a cinema etc. Camden has local outdoor pools for the kids, not expensive either. The Camden Hotel is great for a bite to eat as is the Marino Hotel in Camden. Macarthur Square is a brilliant shopping centre with loads of restaurants in the outdoor area, a bowling alley, cinema etc etc. Go to Mount annan botanic gardens for a great day with the kids, they have free bbqs etc so you just need to take your meat, salads and a ball and you'll have a great time.

Campbelltown centre is well....a little rough round the edges, Queen Street (the main street) is often quite entertaining to walk down. :laugh:

45 minutes down the road you have wollongong beach or an hour (peak hour is closer to 2.5 hours) in the car to the city, however probably easier and faster to get the train to the city.

I hope you've found this helpful, let me know if you need any further info.

Guest markeason

hi thankyou for your reply, very helpful but made me wonder why you are moving? we are open to different ares and are just in the process of looking and seeing if it would be right for us, Queensland does look amazing and now we looking around oz (so many beutiful places), we thought of sydney area as my company has a post there and thinking of staying with them but now i can see there are a lot of boat bulders and sure i could get a job anywhere, also my wife liked the hospitals there so was looking but i think your right about Queensland and we will be looking there now lol. Hope your move goes well and once your settled have to let us know how your finding it!!

Thanks again

mark

My main reasons for not going back to sydney: family wont be there anymore, traffic and prefer the sunshine and lifestyle of qld. My sister and her family originally made the move as her partner had a job offer up there and was fed up sitting in traffic for 2.5 hours a day trying to get into the city. My mum/ dad want to be near their grandchildren and also prefer the 300 odd days of sunshine qld gets, and the affordability of houses closer to the water. :yes: