register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest milliebooboo

Advice re shipping quotes please

Guest milliebooboo

We have shippers coming round on wednesday to give us a quote but its stressing me out because although we know the big stuff we are shipping (car, settee, washer etc) how do you know how many boxes you will need for photos and ornaments and kitchen stuff..... how organised do you need to be when they come round ? please help someone, just got over my visa stress and the shipping stress begins..... thanks folks. x

The guy that comes can 'see' in volumes & weights so you wont need to know how many you need he'll tell you. If he guesses wrong your quote will be adjusted on the day after packing but he should get it near right.

We have been advised to throw out or give away stuff we wont be taking and have one room to put anything left that we don't want packing including your suitcases & documents traveling with you.

You'll need to have cleaned stuff, unplugged everything & emptied/defrosted them, they suggest cutting off plugs & securing loose items like stereo deck, washing machine drum etc.

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011