Someone nicked one of the plants off my balcony last night.

MARYROSE02

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest30038
We have that happen a lot here, but with us its the Possums who take them, or bit the tops off the plants

Cats do it too if they're looking for somewhere to pap................don't put your hands in the soil, just in case :embarrassed:

Guest Hatton
We have that happen a lot here, but with us its the Possums who take them, or bit the tops off the plants

It's the start of the London riots in Oz I tell ya :biglaugh:

Guest Guest31881
I have known of, and even been related to people who have chained plants to the ground. Not as daft as you think, they can be damned expensive.

When I was in UK, I had plant pots screwed to the slabs they were on to stop the thieving gits :chatterbox:

Guest Guest31881
Cats do it too if they're looking for somewhere to pap................don't put your hands in the soil, just in case :embarrassed:

Well thanks Kev, That has really cheered me up :wacko:

I've had a range of emotions and not sure what is the right one. If the person who did it was rich does that mean that they should be punished BUT if they are poor(er than me) then they are merely redressing the social balance - you know, they come from a broken home and someone abused them and it's not fair that I have so much.

Then again, I remember when I was eighteen, drunk on a Saturday night, and did some reprehensible things - smashing windows, breaking into cigarette machines, busting bus stop signs. AND I ENJOYED doing it and felt NO guilt.

Perhaps this is the payback?

Guest guest37336
I've had a range of emotions and not sure what is the right one. If the person who did it was rich does that mean that they should be punished BUT if they are poor(er than me) then they are merely redressing the social balance - you know, they come from a broken home and someone abused them and it's not fair that I have so much.

Then again, I remember when I was eighteen, drunk on a Saturday night, and did some reprehensible things - smashing windows, breaking into cigarette machines, busting bus stop signs. AND I ENJOYED doing it and felt NO guilt.

Perhaps this is the payback?

g20riots.jpg

:yes::yes::yes:

The cats on my street are always doing it in mine :mad: they even left a little present on my stairs outside LOL i think they do it to wind my dog up :biglaugh:

Guest sh7t man no way

ive heard in africa there are heaps of people dying of hunger every year--its a tough life but we musnt let it get us down:wideeyed:im sure things will be allright:wubclub:

Guest Hatton
ive heard in africa there are heaps of people dying of hunger every year--its a tough life but we musnt let it get us down:wideeyed:im sure things will be allright:wubclub:

Exactly, no one starves in the UK or has to be homeless if they do not want to, I am just about fed up of these whining moaning people who blame everyone except themselves for their lives.

Guest guest30038
Exactly, no one starves in the UK or has to be homeless if they do not want to

Are we on the same planet? The streets are full of folk with mental health problems and nowhere to go and nobody to turn to.

Is your life that 'sheltered' or are you just keep making these ridiculous statements for the wind up?

Guest Hatton
Are we on the same planet? The streets are full of folk with mental health problems and nowhere to go and nobody to turn to.

Is your life that 'sheltered' or are you just keep making these ridiculous statements for the wind up?

You really do not know what is happening do you, many people prefer to be living on the streets and when offered shelter refuse it as they like being on their own and oing there own thing, NO ONE....I will repeat it for you....NO ONE....needs to be homeless in today's Britain if they do not want to be, please do your research before insulting me.

I really despair when people come out with statements when living abroad who do not have a clue what is going on in the UK.

Guest Hatton
Why would anyone choose to be on the streets!?

Stacy, I have worked with the Red Cross in my teens in Cornwall, and some people just prefer to be free and live their own way, if someone asks to be homed permanent in the UK they will be homed trust me, so many refuse this as they really prefer to live life the way they want.

Guest guest30038
You really do not know what is happening do you, many people prefer to be living on the streets and when offered shelter refuse it as they like being on their own and oing there own thing, NO ONE....I will repeat it for you....NO ONE....needs to be homeless in today's Britain if they do not want to be, please do your research before insulting me.

I really despair when people come out with statements when living abroad who do not have a clue what is going on in the UK.

Just because someone prefers to be on the street doesn't indicate that all homeless prefer to be so.

For your information (and I'm not ashamed to say this, apart for being ashamed of my brithplace and how my country treated me), I was discharged from the forces with PTSD. Discharged onto the streets, with no follow up whatsoever. They assumed that my address when joining was the same address that I would be living at. They were fully aware of what had gone on at that address, and were well aware that I would never return there. I subsequently lived rough for 9 months, not by choice, and managed to find accomodation without help or assistance from anyone.

What I learned though, was that I was exceptionally rare human....................I had the skills to do that, whereas most that I slept rough with didn't.

Times have changed...............assistance is more forthcoming, but that said, I don't sit in an ivory tower kidding myself that others can do what I did or that others don't slip through the safety net.

I really am astounded as to how some such as yourself, the Norman Tebbits and Maggie thatchers, think that just because some have the skills to better themselves, that others are just as capable and that any failures that they encounter are of their own choosing. It is precisely that kind of thinking that has led the UK to what has recently been seen around the world. Blind reactionary thinking that all folks' problems are of their own making and that they are somehow "inferior" if they can't aspire or achieve.

In yr 11 at my son's school, the boys are taken out, several times a year, and work in soup kitchens and homeless shelters throughout Brisbane. this continues throughout yr 12. My son is in a pretty comfy position...................private education..............a part time job, but he goes on these projects willingly and indeed, with enthusiasm. I am proud that he has more grasp of the "human condition", more sympathy, more empathy, and more social awareness and application to help others, than some of the dribble that has been spouted on this forum of late, by those who seem to think, "I'm all right jack. if you aren't, then it's by your own choosing"

The mind boggles, it really does. :goofy: :goofy: No wonder the UK and in some parts, OZ have the social unrest that is current. It's just a shame that those who should be participating in eradicating it, seem more intent on blame and punishment that finding the true cause and eradicating that. I'm sometimes ashamed to be labelled as the same species.

Guest guest30038
, if someone asks to be homed permanent in the UK they will be homed trust me,

Never. How could you possibly trust someone who doesn't appear to have a grasp of reality. I know of hundreds that have asked to be found a home to no avail.

This constant "trust me" gives an air of superiority and professed leadership and superior intelligence..................basic psychology again

Guest Hatton
Homeless under the stars. That's the life.

1856.jpg

:cute: it is, with a few bottles of plonk and and a barbie it is a kings chamber.:jiggy:

Stacy, I have worked with the Red Cross in my teens in Cornwall, and some people just prefer to be free and live their own way, if someone asks to be homed permanent in the UK they will be homed trust me, so many refuse this as they really prefer to live life the way they want.

There is an EXTREME homeless problem here in Austin TX. It is reported regularly that most choose to stay that way.

To make things worse, the city built a massive homeless shelter in the dead center of the tourist and music district. I'm sure there are some people that truly need help but again, the majority choose to stay in the position they are in. Being a musician it makes it very difficult to perform in that area. After the gigs we all have to run the gauntlet of drugged out criminals to get our equipment safely out of the area.

Edit - I'm talking about Austin only. That's the extent of my experience.

Guest Guest31881

Sorry but you live in a world of your own, every day "Shelter" fight to try and find homes for homeless families and individuals,

You claim to have worked with the Red Cross, if you had you would know that there are families who have lost their home because either repossessed by banks or landlord threw them out. The councils will not re-home as they class them as self homeless and pass them on to others to try and home,

There are families living in B&B accommodation as an emergency measure, this emergency measure can last for months. They have to leave the accommodation in the morning and walk the streets until evening when they are allowed back in. If you had genuinely worked with the Homeless you would not use such stereotypical comments as. "No one needs to be homeless". Your comments are what I would expect from someone who has no experiance of the homeless situatioon, just reads about it and claims to have the answers.

Guest guest30038

Your comments are what I would expect from someone who has no experiance of the homeless situatioon, just reads about it and claims to have the answers.

You must see more than me Colin. I don't see any answers from the poster. Only criticism of those less fortunate and a blind adherence to the belief that those who are unfortunate, are so because of their choosing.