Canberra BBQ and Picnic @ Tidbinbilla 2/10/11

nik_kershaw

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see you all on 25th ... looking forward to it!!

Where are we actually meeting? Sorry, I have been a bit bobbins on here lately, busy lives. It doesn't take long really does it??:wub:

Guest destinationoz

Meeting first playground inside the park at 12

bring your food and drink - bbq available ...

Ive never been before - just took this from another post!!

See you there on the 25th sept!!

How it works, is you park in the visitor centre car park - go inside and buy a ticket. Then you get back in the car, drive past the barrier (if you pay for a 12 month ticket you get a funky card to open it) and then the carpark for the adventure playground is 2km along on the right.

There are bbqs at both the top and bottom of the adventure playground area. The kangaroos all hang out at the bottom.

Great - see you all there.

There is a good butchers at Dickson main shopping precinct for a selection of good snags if you are home sick for nice sossies.

N30rain, we can travel together if you want as it's nice to get lost with others around to dilute the ' you took the wrong turn' argy bargys. :-) I'll try and get some time out of work when you get here. :-)

Looking forward to meeting the new arrivals (and everyone else) on Sunday. My advice for new arrivals is - buy a Sat Nav ASAP - saves so much time\stress\arguing!

Weather doesn't look promising at the mo for Sunday... Supposed to be showers. Early days yet though.

Mike.

Hi guys,

The orignal meet was on the 2nd, however something important came up and I said i wasn't able to make the 2nd (going to be up in Sydney) so we decided to move it a week earlier.

Wet weather plan is that there is an undercover area as well as an undercover BBQ area as well, so we should be all covered.

When you arrive at the visitors centre just pop in and buy a ticket as previously stated, go through the barrier and the playground is about 2km on the right.

I might be running a little late as I am supposed to be doing RFS that day but I am going to leave early.

For thoses of you haven't met me, I'll be the guy with the small 2 year old running around and a preggers wife (who will no doubt be the only aussie there)

If anyone needs a left, put it up on here and I'm sure amongst all of us we can arrange something out

See you all tomorrow