Canberra BBQ and Picnic @ Tidbinbilla 2/10/11

nik_kershaw

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for coming to the Kingo in civic, I am however arranging a new meeting at Tidbinbilla.

Tidbinbilla is a nature reserve in the east of the ACT. There are a number of BBQ spots and a playground for the small people.

Last time I had a BBQ there I had a Kangaroo hop by me, awesome treat for my friend who flew from the UK to visit me.

Anyway, to get into the reserve it costs $10 for the day or $30 for the year. This is for a car of up to 8 people. I would recommend a 1 year pass as you'll use it!!

Anyway, we'll meet up at 12.00 noon again, I'll try and get their earlier and take my England flag with me so that you know we are the POMS. I will also take my radio if there happen to be a rugby game on.

Lastly, it's a long weekend, so no worrying about work the next day, get in!!!

See you there

Nik

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family Anderson will be there, with some sub standard ozzie sausages (been here nearly a year and have yet to find any :) )

We love tidbinbilla it really is great place; lakes with platypus in it and koalas in the forest, and a good kiddy playground although it's very disconcerting walking on the trails to come face to face with some evil looking emu's.

Cheers

Family Anderson

Right I am going to keep it on this date, if you can come then please do so. I feel someone else may have to organise the next one after this as I may be a bit busy

we will defo be there and prob some friends that are arriving from the UK will come too. I will be in touch before then. Hope the assessment thingy went well for you:cute:

Guest destinationoz

We will also be there!!

Yippee! Arrive in 3 days!!

Happy to go for the 2nd Oct AND the 2nd date Rob and catherine suggested /...

So what's the assessment Nik? You going for a new job??

I'll no doubt be PMing you in a few days anyway re cars!! x

We will also be there!!

Yippee! Arrive in 3 days!!

Happy to go for the 2nd Oct AND the 2nd date Rob and catherine suggested /...

So what's the assessment Nik? You going for a new job??

I'll no doubt be PMing you in a few days anyway re cars!! x

Hope you have a stress free journey and settle in quickly. We hope to meet up with you all at the next one maybe late October.

Claire

As the friends Toops mentioned above I can confirm we will be in attendance that is Jo, myself and Jac our daughter. Son and his friend don't get to Sydney till 05Oct :)

They will miss out! See you soon :-)

Guys, Bad news, well for me it is

I have just had an email telling me I have to do something in Sydney on that day, typical!!!

I think the day should still go ahead, but I'll have to organise something else on another day that we can all attend. Sorry guys

:-(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Guest destinationoz

That's not good news Nik! You should be there too ...

why dont we go for Rob & Catherine's suggestion and go for Sunday 25th September instead and again in late October - there seems to ne plenty of us arriving just now!!

what do people think - more people seem to be able to come then ????

Guest dijaseed

Hi, we arrived on the 4th August and would love to meet up with some fellow poms any of the dates would be great. We were planning a trip to Tidbinbilla anyway. Let us know which date you go for.:biggrin:

That's not good news Nik! You should be there too ...

why dont we go for Rob & Catherine's suggestion and go for Sunday 25th September instead and again in late October - there seems to ne plenty of us arriving just now!!

what do people think - more people seem to be able to come then ????

• 3 weeks later...