How long did it take to get a CO?

wabound

Hi,

We only lodged our application for a 176 last week, and have done our medicals today to speed up the process. I am worried that we did them too early. Does anyone know how long they are vlid for?

Also, anyone that has applied since 1 July 2011, preferably for 176, how long did it take to get a CO?

We are sending off for police clearance certificates next week.

One last question regarding docs reqd within 28 days of lodging. I have attached everything I thought was needed, but e mail sent to me goes on about form 80 and form 1221 (to do with character). The website states form 1071i is needed too (to dowith health). Anyone bother with these or did you just go with your document checklist?

Sorry, off the topic majorly!

Thanks for any help

Popy

Have a look at the 176 visa threads. There is a big variance from days to 3 Months if it is State Sponsored. Family sponsored will take a lot longer as they are lower priority.

Guest Rachel 80

Hi there, there is an august thread for 176 SS visas. So far only one has got a case officer. I lodged mine on the 1/08/2011 and so far do not have a case office. I have also had my medicals done in advance and am hoping to get a case office in the next week.

Good luck.

Your medicals and PCC are valid for 12 months, when your visa is granted you have 12 months from the date of your medicals or PCC whichever date is earlier, to get your visa activated by going to Oz.

176 family sponsored visa is priority processing 4.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Guest redwalkers

I lodged my ss 176 on 17th July and attached docs but still haven't received a case officer. I have sent off Police checks this weekend and have booked medicals. Still hoping for a CO soon!