Dee Why suburb

AaronS

Good beach and restaurants.

Mainly units, so one of the cheaper suburbs to find a rental, on the Northern beaches.

Not the best to be walking around late at night though.

Have a look at suburbs closer to Manly or further up Pittwater road towards Collaroy, but rents or property prices will be higher.

Guest mr magoo

Hi,

Dee Why is fine, it has a lot of shops and restaurants it also has a nice clean beach with kids pool's and a good size park. We (Wife, 3yr old son and myself) stayed in Dee Why in unit owned by my employer for a month or so when we landed here this time last year.

We now live in Collaroy two minutes away, You cant really go wrong with any Northern beaches suburb. Its tricky to find a really nice rental on the beach as they are in demand especially coming up to summer. I remember looking at about 20 or so within a couple of days, and you literally had to get an application filled in and handed in there and then as the good units go like hotcakes.

The Public transport is ok, you can hop on a buss anywhere along Pittwater Rd, and that will take you direct to Sydney or you can hop on the Manly ferry straight to the CBD.

As far as walking about at night being unsafe, Not to sure about that? I venture out at night all the time to the takeaway or the shop etc, and have never had a problem.

Thanks for the info. We found a fairly nice house with a pool coming up for rent for a decent price....about 1.5km from the beach...in Dee Why. It's about 4km from where my wife will be working as well. I'm sure it will be gone the instant it is available though.

We'll buy a car....and a motorcycle for me most likely.

You haven't seen a rush hour until you've seen an Austin TX rush hour. Legendary! On a good day every major road through town is clogged...on a bad day they are doing constructioin on half of them. It will literally take 2 hours to go through the downtown area during traffic.....talking about an eight mile stretch. Then add on the fact that it's running 110F here everyday! That will be something I am glad to leave behind!