Air Conditioning, Project Manager looking for Work in Perth.

toddsim

Hi

I am Air Conditioning & Refrigeration mechanic/ Project Manager looking for work in the Perth area. We have our visa and plan to emigrate to Perth ASAP. Anyone willing to offer employment I would be truly grateful. I have 20yrs experience A/C, Refrigeration, Mechanical and BMS Controls experience on the tools as well as Project management experience to boot. C.V available if requested. Or PM me. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon. Si and family.

• 1 month later...
Hi mate how did you get on, are you in australia yet? Im looking at emigrating next year and looking to go into the refrigeration industry myself in Sydney. Im hoping to get some experience under my belt before i come over.

Hi there, I did have a projects manager job lined up, but was screwed over by the company last minute. Don't want to explain in open forum. So back to looking, I am in touch with a few recruitment agency's at the mo which is very promising. But to be honest my biggest anybody else's draw back is not being in oz, I have been advised bt lots of companies of this!

if your not experienced you will struggle to get a skilled visa. you need at least 2 or 3 years under your belt here. In oz you need to have your artic license and have your restricted electrical license. sorry if you already know this. I waited 4 years for my visa. So plan well and be prepared for a wait. unless you go on working holiday.

cheers si

Hi there, I did have a projects manager job lined up, but was screwed over by the company last minute. Don't want to explain in open forum. So back to looking, I am in touch with a few recruitment agency's at the mo which is very promising. But to be honest my biggest anybody else's draw back is not being in oz, I have been advised bt lots of companies of this!

if your not experienced you will struggle to get a skilled visa. you need at least 2 or 3 years under your belt here. In oz you need to have your artic license and have your restricted electrical license. sorry if you already know this. I waited 4 years for my visa. So plan well and be prepared for a wait. unless you go on working holiday.

cheers si

Thanks for getting back to me si appreciate it. Thats a shame but just keep looking im sure something will turn up as there is probably more opportunities in the industry over there than here. Im actully looking at going over on a partner visa as my wife is australian. Im looking at gaining the qualifications here and get some experience before i go if i can. I didnt know about the licences but i suppose thats expected and its something i can sort out once im there. If you can give any other advice that would be great. You kind of just want to get over and get on with it but at the same time you want everything in order. Hope it works out.

Hi, is there anything else you would like to know regarding the A/C side of things, or other processes invloved! cheers si

Hi mate,

I just wanted to ask you, im currently doing a advanced diploma in ac and refrigeration which is home based and is all theory. Once completed i'm looking to do a practical course where i would get my city and guild and fgas cetificates. These courses are usually around 10 days.

Once i've completed that i'm i able to go into the industry? As the training people say you can but i wanted to get another opinion from someone who was in the industry.

If your not sure mate its no problam thought i'd ask.

Thanks

Hi mate,

I just wanted to ask you, im currently doing a advanced diploma in ac and refrigeration which is home based and is all theory. Once completed i'm looking to do a practical course where i would get my city and guild and fgas cetificates. These courses are usually around 10 days.

Once i've completed that i'm i able to go into the industry? As the training people say you can but i wanted to get another opinion from someone who was in the industry.

If your not sure mate its no problam thought i'd ask.

Thanks

Hi, The instructors are right in what they say, but having city and guilds is ok, But having equipment experience is much more desirable, It's catch 22 because you have to start somewhere and everyone wants experience. You are best going as a mate for while to learn the in's and outs. I suggest you use http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com as a good base to start. there you will gets loads of answers to specific fridge questions, and maybe even a job.

but without 2079 you won't get a look in anywhere. look on the C&G website for 2079 they have practise questions and answers on the website. a little hint, there not all the wrong answers either. :notworthy: :yes:

Cheers si

Hi, The instructors are right in what they say, but having city and guilds is ok, But having equipment experience is much more desirable, It's catch 22 because you have to start somewhere and everyone wants experience. You are best going as a mate for while to learn the in's and outs. I suggest you use www.refrigeration-engineer.com as a good base to start. there you will gets loads of answers to specific fridge questions, and maybe even a job.

but without 2079 you won't get a look in anywhere. look on the C&G website for 2079 they have practise questions and answers on the website. a little hint, there not all the wrong answers either. :notworthy: :yes:

Cheers si

Hi si thanks for your advice appreciate it.

One last question, once in oz is it just a question of transfering the qualifications over or do you have to do a course out there? I know someone was saying on a forum that they have had to go to college and also had to complete electrical exams and so forth.

Once again thanks mate, If i ever see you in oz i'll have to buy you pint of pure blonde :v_SPIN:

• 1 month later...
Hi si thanks for your advice appreciate it.

One last question, once in oz is it just a question of transfering the qualifications over or do you have to do a course out there? I know someone was saying on a forum that they have had to go to college and also had to complete electrical exams and so forth.

Once again thanks mate, If i ever see you in oz i'll have to buy you pint of pure blonde :v_SPIN:

Hi Mate,

Any news on your situation in regards to oz? Hopefully should have my visa early next year its in queue at the moment.

regards

hi Si,

I know this is a little off post but I was wondering how you are finding living in Perth, I am also from the eats midlands!

Did you manage to find work? Is the lifestyle as expected? Have overall opinions change since you have arrived???

Hi mate,

Sorry to butt in i'm also from the east midlands, you looking at going over to australia as well. I'm moving to sydney hopefully early next year. Are you working within in AC and Refrigeration at the moment.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...