Sydney drinks?

Guest jb3151

Guest jb3151

Hi guys. We were also late and missed u. We've just popped to wine bar around corner to check poms in oz. We've ordered some quick food and will come After if u r still there, so let us know of ur movements! Tim and julie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to come myself and got the train from Central to Wynyard, then meandered down to The Rocks. Found my way to The Lord Nelson which I'd not been to for decades, thought I'd pop in to settle my nerves. 'Real' ale, only sold in pints and middies. $8.50 for a pint. Then I got interested in Wallabies v NZ.

I went for a Macca at Circular Quay, finally made it to The Hart and it was all in darkness. So there was a fire! I went past the Belgian place too. Had a last schooner at The Trinity Bar in Surry HIlls. Next time I might get my act together.

Guest Whaleys

It was a bit crazy, we couldn't believe it!

Yes let's try and arrange the next meet up for somewhere that's less flammable ahaha! Maybe a nice picnic in the park.

Guest sozzyhall

Hey, we moved to Sydney early this month... both from London. would def be up for meeting for drinks next time if something else is arranged! How did the last one go?? Sarah & Luke :)

hello, would definitely be up for the next Sydney drinks (if there aren't any fires or anything!) I just got here last week, staying with my boyfriend in Darlinghurst but don't know anyone else yet.

Guest smc3004

Hi. I have newly arrived in Sydney from the UK and would love to meet up for drinks/coffee. I have managed to find a flat in Glebe and am happily orgainsing everything before my OH arrives in December! I work in the City so evenings/weekends good for me too. Thanks

Guest gazandruth

Hi everyone! Me and my partner would definitely be up for coming along to the next meet up. We are both 29 and live over in Manly but a meet up in the city sounds great. We have been in Oz for a year now so it would be great to meet some new people and give any newbies some tips.

Ruth & Gaz

X

Guest Belfast2Sydney

Hey... my boyfriend moved to Sydney in July (I'm from Sydney) and I'd love for us to meet some new mates, he's missing his friends from back home!! We'd love to come along to the next drinks meet up - if there is one???

We're both 25 by the way, live down in Cronulla but city drinks would be perfect :)

Guest BristolCouple

Hi ...Only just joined Poms in Oz so not sure if we are a little late for this post BUT likewise to all of the above, we're new arrivals and would like to start meeting people over here instead of reminiscing about friends back home! Would love to know if anyone is up for drinks. We live in Manly but happy to go out in the city.

Melissa and Pete

Guest Lizzie1986

Hi all, we really want to expand our circle of friends and are always up for new adventures :wink: I'm 25 and my partner Ben is nearly 27!! (end of september) :eek: can't wait to meet up with everyone :cute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Melissa / pete, locked onto your post as you mentioned you were based in Manly. Clare and I have recently moved here from Reading, into sports / outdoors life and the odd beverage or 3! Would be keen to meet new locals so get in touch if you're up for it. Cheers dan

Hi Lizzie!

Sorry my name is Fiona I just use foyna as log in! We're thinking Darlinghurst or Surry Hills. Although for the first week we'll be in Pennant Hills as my auntie lives there and then getting 4 weeks in a serviced apartment from my boyfriends company! Might give us some time to save for the deposit and advance rent on a place!

Where abouts do you live?

Guest Lizzie1986

Oh... lol, I did think Foyna was very different :)

I live in Coogee but I love Surry Hills and Darlinghurst. I think I live more so in Surry Hills restaurants and bars :)

It would be great to meet up with you...Pennant Hills is +40mins away from me so might be easier to meet when you move closer? I bet you can't wait to get over here and explore!

Guest AProctor1

Hi

OK, it seems that there are many of us that want to get together for another night out (sans fire!), so I have taken it upon myself to suggest a few dates, let me know which suits...

Dates: (all Fri/Sat) 7th or 8th Oct, 14th or 15th Oct, 21st or 22nd Oct

Personally I would prefer a Saturday but happy to do either!

Thanks

Andrea

Guest stevehalloz

Hi,

I've been in Sydney for a while now (32 years in fact) but still miss the UK and have had many visits "home." If you don't mind someone a tad older than 27 tagging along (kind of 32 years older0 I'd love to say "hi."

If we're talking the Rocks on Saturday 7th October can I suggest the Lord Nelson because a) it is the best pub in Sydney (IMHO); b) it does the best beer in Australia, no questions; c) until very recently it was my local and d) the World Cup 1/4 final will be on at 6.30pm and it's a good atmosphere.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi,

I've been in Sydney for a while now (32 years in fact) but still miss the UK and have had many visits "home." If you don't mind someone a tad older than 27 tagging along (kind of 32 years older0 I'd love to say "hi."

If we're talking the Rocks on Saturday 7th October can I suggest the Lord Nelson because a) it is the best pub in Sydney (IMHO); b) it does the best beer in Australia, no questions; c) until very recently it was my local and d) the World Cup 1/4 final will be on at 6.30pm and it's a good atmosphere.

Cheers,

Steve

You must arrived about the same time as me - 3 November, 1978 - in WA and about a month later in Sydney.

I went in the Lord Nelson when I was intending to go to the last night out at ?Reeds? something like that. To be honest I went into the Nelson for a bit of Dutch Courage although I only wanted a schooner's worth not a pint!

Are you in Leichhardt? What's that pub about half way down Norton St? Royal Oak? I liked going in there when I lived in Lilyfield.

Pretend you are a Spurs fan and come to the Triple Ace pub - corner of Elizabeth/Campbell Sts - Wigan is the next game tomorrow from about 1030 KO midnight.