Sydney drinks?

Guest jb3151

Guest jb3151

Hi!

We moved to Sydney in February. After a nice trip back to London in the last few weeks for a wedding we've realised we really miss our friends in the UK! Although we know we'll prob never replace them a few more drinking/coffee/social buddies in Sydney would be very welcome!

We are both 26 and working full time, so evenings/weekends would be best for us! Anybody keen then I'll sort some sort of meet up (in a non lonely hearts kind of way......!) - we are in the Eastern suburbs - but maybe in the city might be easiest for people - or circular quay - as let's be honest the harbour bridge/opera house combo will never grow old!

Julie and Tim

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Julie,

I am moving over to Sydney with my partner (I'm 27, he is 30) early September and we both know nobody so would be keen to know if you do manage to arrange anything! Feeling quite nervous about the move but fingers crossed it will all be fine! How did you find sorting out accommodation and whereabouts are you based?

Guest benmackie

hi,

my wife and I have just moved to vaucluse and are always up for meeting people and a few drinks. We moved to sydney at the end of feb and are really missing our friends and social life to. Let me know if you fancy a few drinks anywhere in the east.

speak soon

ben

Guest wheeler2k

Hey,

I'm moving over 1st Sept and the OH is coming in tow in October once I've conveniently sorted out somewhere to live. Some people have it too easy!

Adam

Guest Newlymarriedinaus

Hey everyone

We live in Kiama but would love to venture up to have may a Saturday afternoon drinks?

I am english and the OH is an aussie. We have been in the UK for the last 5 years so it would be good to find some friends!

Look forward to hearing what is planned.

Clare and Dam

Guest Whaleys

Hiya,

Sounds like there's a lot of us in the same situation!

We arrived in April from the UK, living in Pyrmont. We both work in the city, so drinks mid week or weekends are good for us!!

How about trying to get a date in the diary, maybe Friday 26th or Saturday 27th Aug????

Cheers,

Pete & Gill

Guest AndrPrince

Hi, My and my Partner are in the same situation we moved over from the uk 2 months ago, looking to meet new people in sydney. Living in Mosman.

Would be great to meet for drinks,

Look forward to hearing the plans.

Andy & Cecilia.

Guest AndreaP

Hi my husband and I moved here earlier this year and live in North Bondi. We would love to meet up with you guys and gals! I'm struggling a little, missing friends and family, so would really like to meet some like minded people who are going through the same thing.

See you on the 27th at the Rocks!

Andrea and Shane

Guest AProctor1

Sorry, my earlier reply was on a different profile but kept kicking me out so I have created a new profile!

Hi my husband and I moved here earlier this year and live in North Bondi. We would love to meet up with you guys and gals! I'm struggling a little, missing friends and family, so would really like to meet some like minded people who are going through the same thing.

See you on the 27th at the Rocks!

Andrea and Shane

Guest jb3151

Sorry, for some reason Poms in oz was going to my junk email, which means I've been rubbish and hadn't realised you'd all replied! Tim and I'll be there :-) See you all then

Guest Whaleys

Great, seems like there are a few of us that can make 27th. Oooh it's like a mass blind date ahahaha! Actually we will have to sort out some way or recognising each other :).

Looking forward to meeting you all then.

Have a great week everyone.

Pete & Gill

Guest Newlymarriedinaus

Hi Guys I am afraid Dam and I have to rain check as we have just been confirmed attending a post show discussion at the opera house. I hope to catch the next one.

Guest AndrPrince

Hi is everyone still heading down to the rocks tonight? looking forward to meeting some new people and a couple of drinks.

Andy.

Guest Whaleys

Hey guys,

Yep still on for tonight at Harts Pub in The Rock 7-7.30pm. Pete and will stand near the bar - he's 5.11 with dark hair (he says he's going to wear his red checked shirt ahahah), i'm 5.3 with shoulder length blonde hair.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

See you later on

Gill & Pete

Guest skybluetom
Ok so there's a fire at the Hart Pub, we were ten mins late! Any chance you've moved on?

Pub has been evacuated with fire engines! As flooded-we're heading to another pub around the corner Belgian beer cafe on Harrington st. Tom