Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pixie10

IT job situation

Guest Pixie10

OH is looking at job situation for IT (systems admin) in Adelaide. Hays seem to be the agency to get into so he's registering with them- but they say really he needs to be in Oz to be interviewed face to face. We were hoping he would have work to go out to.

Any one any experience with Hays IT??

Whats the situation?- could OH head to Adelaide in a October/November and secure a job in a few weeks- whats the chances? Or should he stay put and keep searching for jobs online?

Anyone got any advice?

As someone who works in IT, managing a smallish business unit, my advice is you're best off looking for work in Adelaide. I'm not sure many firms will hand out jobs without seeing the candidate first. Having said that, if your OH has highly sought after skills, then companies may be comfortable with a video-conference interview.

With respect to SA, as this is not one of the main areas for IT jobs, in comparison with Syd, Mel and Can, the number of opportunities is going to be lower and being on the ground will be the better way of looking fir work.

Hays IT are a good recruiter. A lot of the recruitment consultants come from the UK (they're pretty much like any worldwide agency). Check out www.seek.com.au too. I'd recommend placing a CV with two agencies.