register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

pintpot

mobile phones - best Aus provider?

Just doing a bit of research on who's best to go with

We're coming over in a couple of months and will be getting our UK phones unlocked so we can sign up on a SIM only deal in Australia when we arrive

I can see from the carriers' websites what their deals are like - but of course what they don't tell you is who has the best coverage?

We'll be spending most of our time in and around Sydney, so I can't imagine it will be an issue. But are there any standout service providers, or ones I should avoid?

Thanks in advance

P

:)

There are heaps of deals around.

Telstra at the end of the day have by far the best coverage, but if you are using phones 99% of the time in normal situations, then the deals are endless with any provider.

I live in the Dandenong ranges in Vic, and if you dont have telstra, you will probably have little or no coverage.

They are actually coming to the party with some decent deals at the moment to compete with the opposition. the latest $49.00 cap plan includes unlimited text, $550 calls, 1.5gb data (and on a new contract will probably include a decent phone in the package as well)

They are also offering bundles at the moment. Internet & home phone bundles $10 per month discount and a free t-hub or free t-box. might be worth looking into, as I was told the t-box will be offering foxtel over the internet at a strongly discounted price in ther near future compared to the regular foxtel contracts.

:wink: