Guest Louii

arggg! -Last remaining relative visa!?

Guest Louii

Hi,

I was supposed to move to australian in 2010, on the 'last remaining relative visa' -to then find out that immigration has stopped the number of people from 200 to 20 people per yr being alowed in,

I have been told that my visa will be granted but just have to wait for my turn, it has upset me so much! as i wanted to start school there and everything!

I have wondered if anyone is in /or was in the same situation as me and have been told they have to wait?!

Has anyone had this problem?!

Many thanks would be great to hear from someone :biggrin:

Guest videoland

I apply in Jan. 2009

Queue date April 2010 which is from 1.5 till 2.5y

Still no news!

BTW which is your queue date?

Guest cazbeckham

Louii

I know you have to wait but you are still luckier than us.

My Daughter and Son in Law live here in Oz as do her parents (us) but we have a Son in the UK and should he want to come out as a last remaining relative it is not possible because he is engaged the Oz Government take into account her two brothers and her parents being alive in the UK so with my Son engaged to his girlfriend he has more family in UK than here so would not be able to live here unless he split up with her which he is not going to do. That is so unfair..........

Good Luck with the wait you will soon be here

Guest Louii

Hi, well we applied in jan 2010 so it hasent been long, but we havent heard anything!

& yes that isnt good is it, i do think the visa rules are unfair and thankyouu, hopefully we will be out in oz soon :)

Guest Louii

sorry -1.5 till 2.5y do you mean years??

Hi

Yes sadly any LRR is in the same boat. The first link covers most of the events for this year - its quite long and dont panic at the beginning posts where it talks about 6 years, read the whole thing. There are useful links in it to the immigration site that give 2012 figures etc but I've included a second link gives the wait depending on your queue date - they haven't updated the first bit of the page to reflect the 2011-2012 figures (1250 rather than 750) but I suspect the waits wont change from those that are listed.

At least you applied last year, any poor soul appling this year will have to wait 10 years. anyway hope this helps.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/93110-other-family-visas-cutbacks-delays.html

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/other-family-visa-queue.htm

Cheers Arilla

Guest Louii

Hi Arilla,

Thankyou very much for the information, i will look at the links. we have been waiting for a yr and a half already so hoping it wont be much longer!

many thanks

Hi

Yes sadly any LRR is in the same boat. The first link covers most of the events for this year - its quite long and dont panic at the beginning posts where it talks about 6 years, read the whole thing. There are useful links in it to the immigration site that give 2012 figures etc but I've included a second link gives the wait depending on your queue date - they haven't updated the first bit of the page to reflect the 2011-2012 figures (1250 rather than 750) but I suspect the waits wont change from those that are listed.

At least you applied last year, any poor soul appling this year will have to wait 10 years. anyway hope this helps.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/93110-other-family-visas-cutbacks-delays.html

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/other-family-visa-queue.htm

Cheers Arilla

hi Arilla

Is this time applicable to all new cat04 (even if occupation in the current SOL) family sponsor applicants?....

thanks

samk6

Applied FEB-2011- 475( Family Sponsor)>>>Received 18th Of March Letter>>>Medi Finalized MAY-2011>>>New Category 04(Old 03)>>>CO-SEP-2011>>Visa Granted-OCT-2011.

samk6, this thread is referring to the last remaining relative visa and has nothing to do with skilled visas.

samk6, this thread is referring to the last remaining relative visa and has nothing to do with skilled visas.

sorry RockDr. I don't have much knowledge abut visa categories.

Does 475(Family Sponsor) visa belong to Skilled Visa or Relative Visa?. :wubclub:

Applied FEB-2011- 475( Family Sponsor)>>>Received 18th Of March Letter>>>Medi Finalized MAY-2011>>>New Category 04(Old 03)>>>CO-SEP-2011>>Visa Granted-OCT-2011.

Guest siamsusie
sorry RockDr. I don't have much knowledge abut visa categories.

Does 475(Family Sponsor) visa belong to Skilled Visa or Relative Visa?. :wubclub:

:hug:Dont worry Sam, its no great shakes.

Hi Louii

Hope the links helped. As you applied in Jan 2010 you may have a queue date within the pre April 7th group, if so you may be quite close - I'm in the next group. There aren't many LRR's on the forum so it would be great if you could post when you hear - give the rest of us a bit more hope :-)

Cheers Arilla

Guest Louii

Hi Arilla,

Yes it was nice to read that we wernt going to be that many yrs compared to the 2011 people, yeah i have noticed that there arnt many LLR people on here, and yes well hopefully we wont be much longer! and will let you know,

Also we did our medicals last yr, and they say they only last a yr, so will we have to do the medicals again? as they have run out do you know?

We were also told by immigration that before they let 200 people per yr through but then cut it down to 20 so there would be 180 left from yr before so will be longer have you heard this?

Thanks Louii

Hi Louii

I haven't heard any refs to the 200/20 figures apart from your post. Did you get this info from your CO? I think that as the carers visa has the highest priority in the visa class that they are clearing those first, then working through the LRR up to this year over the next fourish years. As I have a queue date mid 2010 I'm hoping it will be some time next year before my app is up for concideration.

I asked my CO about the medical having to be redone as they were a few hundred quid and got a 'as required' responce which i took to mean 'I can't say at this point' so again as you may be closer it would be good to hear if you have to redo when your turn comes.

Cheers Arilla

Guest Louii

Hi Arilla,

Yeah about the 200 people going down to 20 people per yr, we got that info from the immigration, when i rang up to ask what was happening with my visa they explained that to me, and thats why it was taking ages, no one else as seem to of heard what they said, so bit unsure about it, yeah it will be annoying if we have to do medicals again! but yes will let you know if we do have to do then you will know.

thanks Louii