Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest galah09

Mortgage protection cover for a UK property.

Recommended Posts

Guest galah09

G'day people.:cool:


Me & my girlfriend are moving out to Maitland NSW on the 22/08/11.:laugh:


I will still have my house in the UK that I own but I'll be renting it out until we decide where our future will be.


I thought that I would do the right thing & let my mortgage protection provider know of my future plans to be on the safe side, but they told me that they won't be able to cover me as I won't be living in the house in the UK.:arghh:


Has anyone else on here come across this problem? If so how did you get around it or who did you find to use to protect you in the unlikely event you lost your job in Australia for some reason?


I want to still be protected on my UK property as you don't know what is round the corner.


Thanks for any advice it would be very much appreciated.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest LisaW

Hi Marc,


Aviva have accepted our life assurance application to protect the mortgage, and they also offer income protection. Apparently, if you inform them that you will be resident overseas, they can alter the terms at their discretion (they are international).


We went through a mortgage broker to get this done as the online applicantion was an upfront "no". Might be worth giving them a call or looking around for international insurers.





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this