Travel to Aus to gain 457 visa

Guest madasfishys

Guest madasfishys

Hi guys,

I'm a heavy diesel mechanic with 23 yrs experience within the army, I have been applying for loads of jobs via seek.com.au with no joy so far (5 months of trying:arghh:).

I was thinking of travelling to Aus to cold call some of these companies that regulary advertise, has anyone done this before? did you have any success?

I have been told my CV is strong by UK consultants which is also backed by an equally strong cover letter.

If not has anyone got any ideas? I'm aware that there is a shortage of diesel mechanics so cant understand why I'm having so many problems. :mad:

Thanks,

Sean

(forgot to mention I'm after employer sponsorship)

Hi Sean,

Have you had any luck?

Are you or have you been to oz looking for work?

My husband has been looking for sponsorship for well over a year now. He went over last year for two weeks and still had no luck. No companies are willing to sponsor, even though, like you said their is a skills shortage in both yours and my husbands job roles.

Hi guys,

I'm a heavy diesel mechanic with 23 yrs experience within the army, I have been applying for loads of jobs via seek.com.au with no joy so far (5 months of trying:arghh:).

I was thinking of travelling to Aus to cold call some of these companies that regulary advertise, has anyone done this before? did you have any success?

I have been told my CV is strong by UK consultants which is also backed by an equally strong cover letter.

If not has anyone got any ideas? I'm aware that there is a shortage of diesel mechanics so cant understand why I'm having so many problems. :mad:

Thanks,

Sean

hi have just came acroos this site www.careerjet.com.au whilst trying to help someone else ...if u type in diesel mechanic sponsorship u will plenty companies willing to sponsor :jiggy:

mrs keily

Guest madasfishys
Hi Sean,

Have you had any luck?

Are you or have you been to oz looking for work?

My husband has been looking for sponsorship for well over a year now. He went over last year for two weeks and still had no luck. No companies are willing to sponsor, even though, like you said their is a skills shortage in both yours and my husbands job roles.

No i haven't had any luck yet and haven't yet ventured across for job hunting , hence my question.

I hope you guys get some luck soon, I've only been going 5 months and I'm frustrated already.

Sean

Don`t give up, well worth it in the end. I looked for 18 months, applied to over 150 adverts and had two atempts fall at the last hurdle. Got an offer ou of the blue in Alice springs and love it, was sponsored on a 457 and just moved over to RSMS permanent visa,was about to give up. If you get stuck then pm if your not over in the next few months, prepare your paperwork, certified copies of everthing plus work references etc, My visa took six days from submission to grant since everthing and more on the checklist was uploaded to email scanned and ready to go.

Guest smokey14
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Sean

hi i asked the same question on here regarding my hubby going to oz and cold calling but 2 ppl said a holiday visa was for holidaying not for trying to find work but we r thinking of going to oz and trying this cos if you dont ask you dont get eh its defo worth a try. we have family in oz to stay with so accomodation sorted. good luck anyway sean hope you get a job offer soon x

liz and colin

Guest joanne17

Hiya to both of you who required sponsorship. My husband is a heavy equipment mechanic and we have a sponsor through a recruitment company called Globalforce Resources based in Ireland. Ask for Aisha or Carol and they will get you a vacancy no probs, good luck :biggrin:

Hiya to both of you who required sponsorship. My husband is a heavy equipment mechanic and we have a sponsor through a recruitment company called Globalforce Resources based in Ireland. Ask for Aisha or Carol and they will get you a vacancy no probs, good luck :biggrin:

I can second this, I used that site and ended up speaking to a recruitment consultant from Osborne Recruitment half an hour later. I actually applied for the wrong job, but he found me something more suitable for my qualification.

That was around 6 weeks ago and I got a call on tuesday saying I have been accepted and now its onto the visa process. I will be working for Scania in Melbourne, on a sponsored 457 visa with flights and temp accomodation provided.

Best of Luck!

Guest madasfishys

Thanks again guys, i've just pinged globalforce an email so hopefully I will get a reply in the morning...... if not i will phone, feeling a little happier now:twitcy:

Guest joanne17
Thanks again guys, i've just pinged globalforce an email so hopefully I will get a reply in the morning...... if not i will phone, feeling a little happier now:twitcy:

Let me know how you get on, good luck :biggrin: