proof of relationship, please help

Guest john76

Guest john76

Hello All, I am just about to rip my hair out (well the bit I have left) just as well thought the visa process was about to be finalised they have thought off another way to wind me up, yes we got to prove our relationship is for real. We have been together since 2008 have a son born 19/09/09 (they already have his birth certificate) now this is were it gets interesting, we have seperate bank accounts, we have lived with OHs mother, the car is in my name, swtruggling to think of enough info that may convince the migration pen pushers that we are in a committed relationship, as I say we do have our sons birth certificate, receipts from holidays taken together (naming us on them) photos and a number of friends and family that are willing to provide statements supporting our claims, any other ideas would be great, thanks again :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest Guest31881

You need things like...

Statements from friends and family to confirm its a genuine relationship.

car insurance in both names

Any life insurance or superannuation policy that shows other partner as beneficiary.

Will's showing other as beneficiary

Any transfer of money between accounts to show you both pay bills and stuff like that.

letters addressed to you at the same address, shows you live and receive mail at same address as each other.

letters jointly addressed to you both.

anything really that shows you are together and living at same address, both pay bills for that household, possibly money transfer between bank accounts.

Guest Raven

We had virtually nothing in joint names but they were fine with our statements and such showing we were both living at the same address. We also printed off about 50 or so photos and sent them, with notes on the back linking them into the statement of our relationship we had to write. That was enough for us and we'd only been together a year. No kids but we did send our wedding cert (and photos) since we married the end of that year.

Guest dparkins

John76, the main thing they are looking for is that you have both lived at the same address for a minimum of 1 year. Any bank statements showing the same address, any accounts you get with the same address. we had no problem with our de facto. all we gave them was Wills, Bank Statements, Rugby season tickets, post with the same address on it, the more stuff you have showing a complete year of living together the better. hope that helps.

Guest Jubeeslanz

Hi this is my first post and I have just been asked for the same thing re the de facto info. We have nothing in our names together apart from a bank account. Loads of photos and travel documents though. All your comments were a great help so fingers crossed.

1. Right everyone this is what (John76) we managed to find:

Going to bank to have a copy statments printed from sept 09 (victor's birth)

Got travel douments from rhodes holiday last year including baggage receipts

letter from my mum confirming that we live with her

letter from sister (Johns old boss in 08 confiming employment times) and family statement concerning our relationship

Direct line motor certificates between may 10 to oct 11 (both names)

Moneycorp account open letter (July 11)

Child tax credit (Joint names) 09,10,11

Johns last income tax statement

Victors birth certificate showing address and both parent names

Child benefit, in my name but paid into his account dated sept 09 ( proved by bank statements)

Statement from my best friend

NAB account openning letter (dec 2010)

A few photographs, a couple of me and John as a couple (not dated)

Following dated

Vic with John a 2 mnths old

the 3 of is Christmas 09

2 pics when I was pregnant with John as a couple and as a couple with my sister

Pulling mt hair out trying to find something else, do you think that will be enough????

TT xxx

Hi

We had the same problem. We have been together for 6 years, no kids, were not married (until sept 12) & also living at my OH fathers house. We scanned in a copy of a joint savings account, 6 pics of us at different stages of our relationship, 2 Stat Decs (one from my mother & the other halfs sister), a stat dec from us both describing our relationship, moblie phone bills, all correspondence with the same address basically. We didnt have any probs and the CO did not request any additional info. Hope this helps and good luck

Nat & Gaz