Insufinicate Funds Update.

Guest traybears

Guest traybears

HI EVERYONE,RECIEVED MY BANK STATEMENT (ABBEY)YESTURDAY AND GUESS WHAT? THERE WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT FOR THE VISA PAYMENT TO COME OUT EVEN THOUGH WE HADN'T TRANSFERED IT FROM OUT OF OUR SAVINGS! SO I PHONED THE BANK TO FIND OUT WHY MY VISA APPLICATION PAYMENT WAS NOT PAID AND THEY SAID IT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS A LARGE FORIEGN SUM OF MONEY AND BECAUSE I HAD USED MY CARD MORE THAN USUAL LATELY THEY THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE :realmad::realmad:FRAUD!HOW ANOYING IS THAT !! ITS OUR DEBIT ACCOUNT ,OUR CASH AND THEY WOULDN'T PAY IT OUT! :realmad:THEY SHOULD HAVE CONTACTED US! THEY ARE NOW UNDER STRICT INSTRUCTIONS TO PAY IT AS SOON AS REQUESTED :yes:AGAIN (IF).WHENEVER THAT'LL BE.TRACY.

Guest claire&fred

How bl**dy annoying. Hope you gave them what for? We put the credit card details down for ours and I rang them the other day to see if the money had gone but they would not speak to me as card is in OH's name. I was so cross I cut up card! So my husband had to ring them and ask for another one as I could not log into their online services without the security number on the back. Got a new card and excitedly logged onto their site and money still not gone.

Hope they take yours soon.

Claire

Sorry to hear that guys. The visa peeps will try and take it again but after that my understanding is they will not have another go. I gleaned from another thread that for everyone it is worth ringing your bank prior and telling them this payment will be coming out and they must authorise it. Sorry I should have maybe highlighted this earlier but hindsight is 20x20 :twitcy:- might be worth a sticky post for people Tim.

Guest murwullambah

There are a few of us waiting for money to be taken off our cards, we applied in july and not heard a dicky bird yet, immagine how frustrating that is when people that have applied in sept have allready got case officers. Well good luck to everyone maybe we can all meet up in 2009 if we have heard anything by then lol

Guest Gollywobbler

The Finance Director of BP retired. The banks all clubbed together to give him a send-off dinner at the Mansion House in the City of London. I was one of the guests and since it was a White Tie Do I did the bit with the long dress, long gloves etc.

After the Loyal Toast, one of the Bankers stood up and yapped. Apparently the Banks wanted to know what Major Customers such as BP want from their Banks.

The BP guy stood up to reply. He said, "Ladies and Gentlemen. I have been asked to describe what it is that major customers require from their banks. I need not detain you this evening because I can sum it up in one word. That word is "Obedience." Thank you for listening."

With that, he sat down but he got a standing ovation from the rest of us. The Bankers at the top table didn't look too happy about it but they had to be seen to follow the mood of the crowd!

As I stood there busily clapping, I thought, "This is the best advice I've ever heard. I'm not BP but I also require Obedience from my Bank."

It is a very sound idea and it works.... These banks are there to serve us, not the other way around. Establish who is who in the relationship and it is amazing how attitudes alter......

Cheers

Gill

Guest Andy & Rach

As if this whole thing isn't stressful enough without banks and all the rest complicating things even further!!

I'm finding I need a drink every evening now just to get me through this application process!!

Good luck Tracy i'm sure they'll take it soon..

Guest traybears

hi everyone,thanks for your replies.i'm hopeing they take it this week sometime.my agents emailed them so they're aware of whats happened.my bank said they'll leave it open for 1 month,if they still haven't taken it in that time i have to phone the bank again to get them to extend it! i don't know.tracy.

Hi Tracey....keep at them hun, they have no wright to give you a month, after all its your bank and your dosh....what a pain in the bum for you.

There are a few of us waiting for money to be taken off our cards, we applied in july and not heard a dicky bird yet, immagine how frustrating that is when people that have applied in sept have allready got case officers. Well good luck to everyone maybe we can all meet up in 2009 if we have heard anything by then lol

Think that it is probably because we are on a different visa to pretty much everyone else and through a different business centre. However, I do inderstand your frustration and watch the TRA and other visa app threads closely to see what others are going through and try to help where we can.

:err:Your post came across as a dig - don't know if it was meant that way. Typed text doesn't always convey the right emotion.

Archived