You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

kipHarris

Starting up a Bayside Book Club in Cleveland - anyone interested?

Hello to all readers!

I live in Ormiston, Bayside, Queensland and I wondered if anyone would fancy joining me to start up a book club in Cleveland?

There is a coffee club (coffee shop) that opens reasonable late so maybe once every month we could meet up, have a coffee and cake and share our thoughts about a book that we all read. Maybe we could all take it in turn to decide on the book for the coming month?

In the Bayside Bulletin there is also an offer of buy a coffee and get a coffee free most weeks so we could have a couple of coffee's over a couple of hours and only pay for one!

I appreciate many Mum's or full time workers may find it tricky to commit to a couple of hours so I am happy to be flexible on the day and time of the club to suit others....morning, afternoon, night or weekend?

I am a Private Tutor and work from home so I am free during the day until 3.30pm and after 7pm. I am also free weekends. For this reason, I am fairly flexible so I hope to include all those who simply fancy a couple of hours out once a month for a light chat!

If anyone likes to read, eat cake, drink coffee, have a natter with other readers and fancy a couple of hours a month light chat - let me know.

I will collect numbers and Private Message all those interested and we can go from there.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Kip

:arghh:

Guest Sally L

Hi. Have only just found your post. Did you start up? If so, are you still going? I live in Thornlands and would be interested to join. Thanks

Hello Sally

Lovely to hear from you.

Thornlands is really close to me as I live in Ormiston.

If you cut out the voucher in the Bayside Bulletin this week, you will get a buy one and get one free coffee for the book club.

I am going to start it on Thursday 13th October at 6pm. There is you, me, a lady called Cathering and possibly a girl called Heidi so I thought 4 would be a lovely number.

Please email me to let me know if you can make it

kip.harris@hotmail.co.uk

Really looking forward to meeting you!

Guest jango

Hi Kip,

I have moved up from Melbourne a month ago. I used to be in a book club there and loved it. I would love to join if still going ahead

Nicola

YEAHY!!! Another member!!! I think we are next meeting on 24th of November.....all two of us that is :biggrin: so another booky babe would be fabulous!

Love

Rudi

x

To Jango, Cathering and Sally!

It is Kip here...........the lady who is trying to get the book club off the ground. We are next meeting on November 24th at 7.15pm at Coffee Club in Cleveland

Look out for the voucher for buy one coffee and get one free (in your bayside bulletin newspaper)

There seems to be four of us interested and I am really looking forward to meeting up.

Catherine and I have met once before (thinking we were Billy No Mates) but we had a great natter and exchanged a book so bring your best book along and let's get to know each other.

PM me (private message) to confirm if you are still on and I can give you my phone number if you have not got it.

Looking forward to meeting you girls!

Kip

Guest aussiemom

Hi Kip,

I have just searched the net for a bookclub in cleveland and have come across your new group. I'm Australian but new to Brisbane and would love to catch up for a coffee at your bookclub meeting. Is the first one still at the coffee club on the 24th? Looking forward to meeting you all.

Nicky:smile:

Hi Nicky - not Kip.....but Rudi here!!!

Welcome to the forum. Yes, we are still meeting on the 24th and it would be lovely for you to come along and join us. We were feeling like we were a billy no mates book club the first time we met.

See you at the coffee club next week!

Love

Rudi

x

Guest aussiemom

Hi Rudi, thanks for your reply I'm really looking forward to it see you then! x

Guest jango

Hi Kip,

Yes I will be coming am really looking forward to meeting you all.

Nicola

To the book club clubbers at the coffee club house!

It is Kip here.....sorry for the late reply but I have been down with flu

I am delighted to see that we have another lady wants to join the book clan. This is great news. I think that makes 5 of us (including me) so that should fill a lovely comfy sofa in the coffee club no problem.

Being Aussy doesn't stop you at all from coming along. All you need is a laugh, light take on books and a desire to chat with women for an hour. How does that sound?

There seems to be a great mix of women coming, from some with and without children to some that work full time, part time, ages etc............and from England, Melbourne etc so it will make for a really great night.

See you girls on Thursday..............ooooh, now there are a few of us (when there were two, we named our clan 'Billy No Mates' but that won't suit now so I would like to re-name us)

Pressure on here girls..............

I vote in the clan should be called.....

The Literal Coffee Clubbers

(any votes for this are welcome either way)

Please feel free to improve on this logo!

See you all then girls!

Kip

:twitcy:

Guest aussiemom

Thanks Kip and great name!

Enjoy the weekend and see you next week.

Nicky

Hope everyone is still on for tomorrow! If you have a look in this weeks Bayside Bulletin, you will find a voucher for the Coffee Club - buy one get one free! If people want to bring a book they are happy to loan to someone else in the group, that would be great!

See you tomorrow - look out for the table with books on :biggrin:

Love

Rudi

x

I look forward to meeting up this week and will wait outside for the couple of ladies who has asked me to.

See you at 7.15pm outside Cleveland COffee Club

Must go and receive my voucher from the bin now (lady in Pj's arse in the air and legs dangling from the green bin to save a few dollars on a coffe) God what us women will do for a bargain eh?

ha ha

See you then girls

Kip

Are we still on for this Thursday?

See you then

Love

Rudi

x

Hello to Nicky, Nicola, Sally and Catherine. Kip here................I hope you are all on this week for our 2 hours book club. I have read my book and have feedback at hand. I hope you have all have a good 3 weeks and look forward to a bit of a catch up..........I think I may do a teacher thing here and do circle time, where we all get a time slot to speak up about what we have been up to? ha ha

I am going to be bringing a friend along (Karen) as she is over at my house for the night.

So in answer to your post Rudi, yes I am on so put Kip down (and 1 other)

See you then with voucher in hand for coffee club at 7.15pm

Kip