jimithechew

How can I add my mum in law to my vias app??? (and yes I am being serious!!)

As the tile says, we kind of have to take the old mum in law, cannot leave her on her own here, so where is the form on the DIAC site where I can add it to my current 176 visa? im sure its there somewhere, any pointers would be kindly recieved:wubclub:

Voted worst new member 2011..... :err:

also to add, has anyone ever added a family member? does it affect your visa chances, and she is technically disabled but you wouldn't know it, but we would want to add her as 'dependant' on us for the visa app, make any sense???

You probably need to talk to an agent but it is unlikely that you would be able to include her as a dependent as she lives within a welfare state. If she is disabled then her chances of being accepted are not very good from a medical point of view and it could cost you many thousands anyway even if she was in the pink of health.

see your point, she is self funded though, needs no money or gov help, we just trying to get around the £26k odd you normally pay to the Oz gov (non refundable!) for a parent visa!

Cheers

If she's self funded, then she's not your dependent, so you can't add her to your visa.