3 Dogs & Renting in Perth

Guest madgeorge64

Guest madgeorge64

Hi all,

I looking to come out on a 457 visa ,with wife & 2 girls, looking at other sites, it looks impossible to bring our 3 pet dogs out, as it seems the maximum can be 2, & we,d be renting has anyone else rented with more than 2 dogs.

Guest The Pom Queen

You can apply to the council for a permit once you arrive, but unfortunately you can't be given any guarantees before you arrive. Are they large breed dogs as there is a big difference between having 3 jack Russells and 3German Shepherds?

Guest Buzz18

No but we have one dog and 2 cats and had no problem with a rental. Look at the Council website on the area you will be moving too, that should tell you about dogs and how many you can have registered. You could be ok

Hi all,

I looking to come out on a 457 visa ,with wife & 2 girls, looking at other sites, it looks impossible to bring our 3 pet dogs out, as it seems the maximum can be 2, & we,d be renting has anyone else rented with more than 2 dogs.

as far as im aware in perth u are only allowed to have 2 dogs registered to one property ....and if u were in a rental im sure they would pretty much insist u didnt have anymore ....not sure if there is any special licences available if u rented rural for instance ....if u know what area u are going to ...u could phone the shire office and ask

mrs keily

Hi all,

Si

A link to Perth council regarding pets etc - like others have mentioned it might be worth a quick email or phonecall.

One thing I noticed is that they are registered to the person and not the property so not sure if you could register 2 and your other half register 1

http://www.cityofperth.wa.gov.au/web/Living/Residents-and-Ratepayers-Information/Dog-ownership/

Si

A link to Perth council regarding pets etc - like others have mentioned it might be worth a quick email or phonecall.

One thing I noticed is that they are registered to the person and not the property so not sure if you could register 2 and your other half register 1

http://www.cityofperth.wa.gov.au/web/Living/Residents-and-Ratepayers-Information/Dog-ownership/

pretty sure its the property john ...my daughter recently got a dog [partner had one already] and when they went to register they were told there was already 2 dogs registered to that address ....one was from the previous tenant so this was removed allowing for their 2 .....they stay in the outer suburbs not the city

mrs keily

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks guys, we'll have a have a think:sad:

You will find each council has their own laws so it's worth checking with each one before you settle on a suburb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dannywh

Did ypou find any more info out, we also have 3 dogs in the uk, border collies. Does this only 2 dogs rule only apply in the city or is it all over perth that it applies??

Thanks

Claire

• 1 year later...
Guest Indalees

Hi Claire,

I am

In the same boat as you. I have 4 border collies but one may have to stay behind as she's getting on a bit. Did you find out any more info. I'm not sure I could leave any of my guys behind :-( we compete in agility over here and I would be gutted if I can't make the move. I can't believe that they only allow 2 dogs. Do you know if this is the same if you go out of town a bit further? Any info greatly received!

Did ypou find any more info out, we also have 3 dogs in the uk, border collies. Does this only 2 dogs rule only apply in the city or is it all over perth that it applies??

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire,

I am

In the same boat as you. I have 4 border collies but one may have to stay behind as she's getting on a bit. Did you find out any more info. I'm not sure I could leave any of my guys behind :-( we compete in agility over here and I would be gutted if I can't make the move. I can't believe that they only allow 2 dogs. Do you know if this is the same if you go out of town a bit further? Any info greatly received!

It can vary. Also you can apply for a licence/permit to keep more. But I think neighbours etc can veto it.

I'm sure others will be along to explain better.

In the meantime look up the local council/Gov websites for rules on dogs. Each suburb/borough will have its own policy, so check the ones that interest you as a place to live.