Help OH has job offer i cant make it balance on paper!

Guest hendersons

Guest hendersons

Hi all not been on here for awhile read posts often and they have been v informative and helpful.

We went to an expo in leeds and OH was verbally offered job with liebherr. We went to london following week and he had an interview and was offered job with them in singleton area nsw..i have sister who lives in sydney so position was great. We now have formal offer from them and i cant make the income outgoings figures balance. They have told us that their fitters enjoy a good lifestyle with a good work life balance ! The hours are v family friendly i cant argue with that and with the benefits that come with PR ie lower tax lower medication fees and free schooling for our 3 kids it would be economically ok but we have got to survive at least 2 years on a 457 before they are willing to sponsor us should we at that point want to stay.

Expected income is between 80-90k inc average overtime hours so have done all my sums on 85k pa, school fees are 15000 pa for public school 6000 for a christian school but we are not church goers and i would struggle to send them to one.

outgoings as follows per month.. (some are estimates some are from posts on here/my sister or research i have done.)

Rent 1600 (4 bed in rutherford area around 350pw)

med ins 263 (inc dental ambulance optical)

me meds 140 (im diabetic on an insulin pump)

food 1000

elec 100

rego and ins 120 (for 2 cars)

mobiles 60

broad band 100

tv 40 total pm 4223 per annum 50,676

fuel 800 plus school fees at 15,000pa=65,676

income at 85,000 minus tax of 25,480 and medicare levy = 58,245

leaves us minus 7431! Have i been too pesimistic with my figures? We really want to move to oz id go anywhere but being in same state as my sister was the icing on the cake.. cant see how we can go?! how do people do it?!?

There is the possibility of a job in perth with them fifo so alot more money but OH worried about heat at mine sites and affect being away for 2 weeks at a time will have on our family. We dont really know much about perth either which doesnt help.

Anyone else on here been offered work with or are working for liebherr?!?

Thanks for reading any advice will be greatfully received..mrs henderson.:v_SPIN:

Guest Pixie10

Hi, cant really answer your query but I would say we are a couple, no kids and moving to Adelaide and we would go on 85K- just! But honestly we will be expecting to bring in more than that (both work though).

Honestly I think you will struggle if you are dependent on that wage with 5 of you- my cousin also lives in Sydney and Adelaide to Sydney prices dont compare.

Most paople advise to work on the what do you live on now x2.5.

I know alot of people live on a lot less but maybe you should try to up the wage if you can/ or could you work too (no ideas of age of kids-sorry!)?

Hope you work something out= goodluck x

Guest hendersons

Hi, our kids are 13 11 and 4 youngest will be 5 in march so kindy age. I'm going to be looking for work but am un qualified and would want to work around kindy hours so doubt I'd be bringing in enough to really make a difference. Our state of choice would be SA what's Adelaide like?

Hi, our kids are 13 11 and 4 youngest will be 5 in march so kindy age. I'm going to be looking for work but am un qualified and would want to work around kindy hours so doubt I'd be bringing in enough to really make a difference. Our state of choice would be SA what's Adelaide like?

I sent you a private message about the company

Brides

Guest hendersons

Brides Tried to send u message not sure if it went tho?!? Sleep needed me thinks! Hope to catch u on here again soon. Mrs H 

my husband is on $95 then take away super on top of all normal bills, although we are in Perth but this is not enough, we don't go out for meals, cinema, bowling anything that is not free (parks and beeches are great) we have 2 kids and we are going to have to consider moving somewhere else as we are not being left with anything at the end of the month (mostly having to use a bit of savings to add to it). we do like it here and don't want to leave for this reason but needs must

Your figures for cars are probably a bit low - would expect that amount to be per car and dont forget the roadside assist in that as well for each car (and you havent factored in the cost of petrol for both either). You may need to add something for doctors appointments as well and other sundries like dentists (the private health cover isnt going to touch the sides when it comes to dentistry). All depending on your house, you may find the power is a bit more as well but you might just get away with $100 a month. Dont forget to add your contents insurance into your insurances and also life insurance and/or income protection insurance

We dont have rent to pay but pay everything on credit card and then pay it off each month and that averages around $5k per month and there are only two of us - so ball park $60k pa and we dont have any hugely expensive vices but we do spend on things we want and dont stint ourselves.

Having to pay school fees and living on one income of $85, even in Singleton, is going to be manageable but not with much wriggle room.

You may be entitled to LAFHA which would help a bit

Guest hendersons

Hi lynn22 if you are on a 457 temp visa you have to pay school fees for the public normal goverment schools in NSW and ACT which are around 5000 per child. Christian/catholic private schools are actually cheaper but as non church going agnostics it's not really on. So if you are thinking of going to either state on a 457 it's something to consider!

Guest Mark2560

Hi there hendersons, I to went to the Leeds expo, and got talking to Liebherr, after going back to Leeds on the Monday for a interview, I also have been offered a job, I still haven't had anything in writing, however when you look at the jobs for field service engineer on seek.com.au, working for Liebherr they are on between $139000-$150000 Per year this includes super, penalties as well, if anyone else has any info about Liebherr I'd would love to hear from you.

We are in a similar situation we have everything to go and 30k to set us up but the figures dont add up. My oh hadnt got a job but looking at 100k and we have 1 daughter and a full visa (permanent resident) and it is too expensive.

I would work part time but it still wont be enough. We are going to validate and then wait and see x

Good luck with your decision making x

Guest hendersons
Is there any reason why you can't work, even part time? Also what about LAFHA?

hi jmahood..i will definately be seeking work..our youngest is kindy age so would have to work round his hours as childcare v expensive OH would be working shifts so wouldnt be at home same time every day. Im also unqualified although have done many things. The area we are looking to go to is a mining area and there is also an army base so lots of people moving in and out with i imagine lots of other women in my position..so realistically it may not be that easy for me to get employment at least until youngest at school full time so we cant counter an income in for me just incase there isnt one!

:sad:

Guest hendersons

As for lafha company says they pay it when they have to stay away from base says nothing about paying it for us on a 457..its something OH approached them about at interview they said they would look into it but we havent heard back.. i believe not all companies pay it?!?