Shipping Companies half fulling boxes?

Guest Almosthomewardbound

Guest Almosthomewardbound

Hi All

We have just had Anglo pacific around to take away out years of hoarding and was a bit shocked at the amount of boxes they went away with. Our original quote was for 28 boxes and they totalled 39 on departure. I picked up a few of the boxes as was curious and the felt near empty! Has anyone else had this experience? Has anyone else challenged them on it?

Also more nuisance than anything else but they packed stuff we asked not to go (like the foot and pipe to our vacuum cleaner that we were giving to a friend. It's going to be hard work cleaning the flat now without the foot! Bit random as they picked this up from the don't take pile). They also forgot some stuff from the do take pile. I have half a mind to call Monday and ask to go to the warehouse and ask to retrieve the misplaced items and put back the things that should have gone but I'm not sure if this is the done thing or not?) has anyone else had experience of this?

Thank you very much in advance for any advice offered.

definately call them on monday first thing! you are paying them for a service and they have already failed! we are going with doree bonner we met AP at an expo and found them very arrogant got the impression that if we werent filling a 40ft container they werent interested,

goodluck

Guest kennmikp
When we were moved about when my husband was serving we used to see things like one bedside lamp in a box by itself. Just so that they could charge more to the MOD.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

That isn't the way it works with MOD moves I'm afraid.

It's a flat price move from one location to another depending on initial survey. It's all done in house size and rooms more than how many boxes they fill. Once the initial survey has been submitted they are contracted at the price they quoted.

Almosthomewardbound I would have been on the phone straight away. Its not acceptable that they have taken stuff you specifically kept to be left out and they didn't pack stuff you needed taking.

Me personally would want to speak to the area manager and no one else reference it. Good luck :-)