Missed the boat????

CockneyRebel

Well we have decided we are going to wait for the kids to finish school or be a year away and then apply, husband will still just be in the age limit to get some points, should have more work experience and, could in that time get a qualification maybe? Also our mortgage will be paid off by then (hopefully) so all good. Roll on 5-6 years lol.

we want to get over asap due to the kids schooling , 6 yrs and 11 yrs .. I feal its better to get them in now than wate till eldest finishes Gcse's as she will prob still have to do the HSC in OZ . to be able to get any were ... (just my opinion i may be wrong , please dont shoot me :notworthy: ) xx angela xx

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't help feeling like we're doing this just in time. But we're also very lucky in that we are both in the mining industry (gold in particular), both have jobs sorted and are just waiting on our 457 visas to come through. But I will be slightly nervous until we get our PR visas which hopefully won't take too long. The mining industry can be so fickle which is why we've gone for gold producers not nickel - at least if all world markets continue to go belly-up at least gold prices will get even stronger. I noticed they went to nearly $1800 today. When I last worked in Oz it just had gone over $1000 and we couldn't believe it!

we want to get over asap due to the kids schooling , 6 yrs and 11 yrs .. I feal its better to get them in now than wate till eldest finishes Gcse's as she will prob still have to do the HSC in OZ . to be able to get any were ... (just my opinion i may be wrong , please dont shoot me :notworthy: ) xx angela xx

What is HSC?