Missed the boat????

CockneyRebel

Man, was a little down about the situation earlier, but totally p***ed off now!!! lol.

Agree with prev comments, the migration programe could be scaled down and this caught us out last time...pitty im married already, could have tried an arranged marriage with an Ozzie girl..that might have helped!!! lol

Mike

lol mike i was thinking about doing that too lol might find myself a big australian hunk!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hatton

This has happened before in the UK and as usual the UK will come out the other end, unemployment has stayed quite stable over the last 3 decades and if you are in work I cannot see how it will effect you to badly to be honest.

Guest siamsusie
lol mike i was thinking about doing that too lol might find myself a big australian hunk!!

I found one those down the mines, the High Viz still needs washing, and the loo seat remains up:mad: but I adore him!

stacey, does that makes us shallow??...or desperate lol!!!!!

Seems theres going to be no escape from the uk!!

makes us desperate lol!! maybe i should just dump dave come over on a whv and find a australian hunk to marry lol. aww poor dave :( i wouldnt do that to him! :biglaugh:

lucky you susie! mines comes home in his viz vest but hes not a hunk lol

what does your husband work as?

He works for RBS, been there 20 years but moves department quite alot so hard to pinpoint an exact job title. He is I suppose an I.T. Systems Analyst but like I said before he doesnt have any quals as went straight into banking from school. Lots of work experience though. But again each time he could be near the work experience needed for ACS, he ends up moving dept again:eek:

For those people in the UK who have jobs its fine unless the business you work in goes belly up. One of the MAJOR reasons for a move down under for us is for the sake of the kids. They said on the news this morning that 1 in 4 kids were depressed as cant find work, and many won't apparently for the next 5 years or so:wideeyed:

I want the best for my kids and I really don't believe its in the UK. Hoping there would be more prospects for them when they leave school in Australia:skeptical:

Yep im one of those kids. Im 21 and havent been working since febuary. i honestly cant find a thing, every job i apply for i hardly ever get a reply. it starts to get you down. Hopefully once ive got my driving licence it will help since i can travel further. This is not where id like my kids to live if i ever have any..

Yep im one of those kids. Im 21 and havent been working since febuary. i honestly cant find a thing, every job i apply for i hardly ever get a reply. it starts to get you down. Hopefully once ive got my driving licence it will help since i can travel further. This is not where id like my kids to live if i ever have any..

My kids are 10 and nearly 14, but I know the 14 year old will struggle to find anything and he is one of the brightest kids in the school. Don't know whether to tell him to go college, uni or get a job, get some money behind him and go travel. Its a nightmare. Still think he will have better prospects in OZ.:wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Its on the news that Tesco said that for every job they advertise theres 20 applicants and not long back it said that for every job university qualified students are after, theres 83 of them chasing it and the figure of nearly one million youths currently out of work in the uk, is a national scandal. Average unemployment in Australia is about 4.6% so its fair to say job opportunities are far better there than here in the uk at present.

Sometimes its better to go to uni and try and get a skill but sometimes it still doesnt help. I know plenty of people with degrees who are still working in tescos stacking shelfs. it just depends. All my close friends are at uni, 2 of them are doing social work and are pretty much guaranteed a job but my best friend is just about to graduate as a nurse and is already struggling to find a job

I cant afford the student fees there, it was 14k just for a year for vet nursing, thats not including books etc xx

That's interesting to find out the fees, god that is high. I think I need to get my family over there and settled quick before this UK ship finally sinks without a trace!

That's interesting to find out the fees, god that is high. I think I need to get my family over there and settled quick before this UK ship finally sinks without a trace!

Yeah definitely!! Me and dave want a adventure and a new start in life. feel like theres nothing here for us

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Nine in 10 expats think they made the right choice in moving from the UK, which may be in part because of the austerity measures - backed this week by the International Monetary Fund - which are causing financial pain to many in Britain.

The mood around the world is mixed, and the perception of future economic growth varies dramatically. For example, expats in China, Australia and the UAE are very confident about their financial future, according to the NatWest International Personal Banking fourth annual Quality of Life Index, with 96 per cent of expats in China expecting strong economic growth.

In contrast, those in European countries fear a much slower economic recovery. Europe is still subject to far greater economic concerns than countries elsewhere, with the bail-outs of Greece, Ireland and Portugal all combining to cause concern. Spain has not asked for help to shore up its economy, but there are still fears that this could happen.

Dave Isley, head of NatWest International Personal Banking, said: “It is encouraging to see that expats express self-assurance about their ability to triumph over the recessionary pressures which are causing uncertainty and cutbacks in many multi-national businesses. There is a marked difference in optimism between those expats based in Europe and those based elsewhere.

“However, it is encouraging to see that despite these variations, the majority of expats present a reasonably confident view of their situation and future prospects.”

Related Articles

Hi,

My wife and I felt the same so I had my skills assessed and lodged our application over two years ago. Now we are thinking of State sponsorship to get the application moving or we will miss out.

Good luck, but get out there as soon as you can. GB and EU are in the same boat as the USA. It's going to take decades to pay off the debt.

But keep smiling.

Guest Hatton
Its on the news that Tesco said that for every job they advertise theres 20 applicants and not long back it said that for every job university qualified students are after, theres 83 of them chasing it and the figure of nearly one million youths currently out of work in the uk, is a national scandal. Average unemployment in Australia is about 4.6% so its fair to say job opportunities are far better there than here in the uk at present.

Interesting rates of unemployment by Country, France top of the pile :eek:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/unemployment-rates-list-by-country

Guest Hatton
Stock markets have crashed GLOBALLY, and it looks like its hit Australia pretty hard too, check out the pound rises against the dollar today.

Hold on to your hats everyone, its gonna be a bumpy ride!!

I agree, gold is still going up as everyone pulls out of shares.

Shares strike me as being increasingly cheap, whereas gold seems a bit bubblicious.

I agree with L1sa's comment that it's not looking good ahead. I'm inclined to believe that there aren't many or even any countries that look safe, rather it's a case of picking the least worst option.

The good news is that Australia has a relatively low level of national debt, which gives it a lot the government a lot more room for manoeuvre if we see GFC 2.0 in the coming months.

The bad news is that the populace is massively leveraged, and it's worth bearing in mind that the Irish has low national debt combined with high personal debt on the back of a property bubble back in 2008...

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Stock markets have crashed GLOBALLY, and it looks like its hit Australia pretty hard too, check out the pound rises against the dollar today.

Crikey ............. if it gets any worse in Australia, it will nearly be half as bad as in the uk, its sure a big worry ................. not. lol:wink::laugh:

Guest Hatton

Just have, looks like USA is suffereing far more than the UK, yes it is worldwide and all Countries will suffer.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hi,

My wife and I felt the same so I had my skills assessed and lodged our application over two years ago. Now we are thinking of State sponsorship to get the application moving or we will miss out.

Good luck, but get out there as soon as you can. GB and EU are in the same boat as the USA. It's going to take decades to pay off the debt.

But keep smiling.

The financial experts say that the uk economy will struggle for a decade, things are so bad, i hope they are wrong, i need the dollar to go up within 2 years, so i can emigrate.