last remaining relative/bridgeing visa 10yrs OMG help me!

Guest Jason

Guest Jason

I am writing this post to inquire about the application and eligibility of Remaining Relative Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 115) or an onshore 835. I wanna be in Oz ASAP.

Although I have read through the correspondent pages on http://www.immi.gov.au, I still have some questions and doubts about my case of possible application. I hope u kind people don’t mind helping tipping me a little bit. Please help me.

My mother has been married with my step father (an Australian citizen) more than 2 years ago, and she has got her visa subclass 309 in January 2011; she is now happily living in WA Perth with my step-father. They both want me to immigrate to live with them as soon as possible because I am a licensed working doctor in Shanghai and they are happy to have me live with them, about which I am also very glad .

The 1st problem is my mother now holding visa 309 is TR till a possible grant of PR in 2012. Although my step father as an Australian citizen is willing to be my sponsor, will it delay my application ? Or another put, am I eligible for this visa now? I am keeping single and don’t have any other relatives except those living in Australia.

The 2nd problem is that I am now a physician working in P.R.C government, namely in the police system of justice bureau. Would it be a problem to my application?

And could u please tell me how long would it normally take to get this visa?

If it takes 10.5 years as it says in webpages, should I first enter Australia by a Sponsored Family Visitor visa (Subclass 679) and then apply for a Remaining Relative Visa (Onshore) (Subclass 835)) & Bridging Visa as i prefer to be in Oz ASAP.

Thank u very much for your time and patience.

regards

Jason

I don't have a clue about the best way forward for you but didn't want to just read and run.

Have you thought about contacting an agent to find out the best route in? I'm sorry it's the best advice I can offer maybe someone will be along soon with more experience in these things.

Guest Jason
If your a doctor - why are you not going down the skilled migration route?? Or get an employer to sponsor you.

hi,lebourvellec

thx 4 reply.

Nearly impossible for a doctor from an non-english speaking country to get an employer to sponsor me.

And if i go down independent skilled route,then a licence of medicine in Oz is needed, to get which a long period of tests and education is necessary.

I am thinking about the bridging visa, wondering if thats one of the option till my mother get her pr if necessary.

First i need to step on the land of Oz either by a study visa or Subclass 679.

Any advice will be welcomed.

thank u all

You cannot apply for a LRR until your mother has PR.

If you're going to go the bridging visa route, then you HAVE to enter australia on a visa with work rights. Otherwise you're going to be 10yrs+ without being able to work.

Also be aware that you have to remain single for the entire processing time. Are you really willing to be single for another 10 yrs?

I would be talking to a migration agent to try to figure out another way in.

edit to add: it will be faster to go down the skilled migration route. you seem to have issues with the test etc to get certified in Australia. Were you not thinking of working once you get to Australia? In which case you'd need to do these anyway?

Guest Jason

hi, RockDR:

Thank u very much for ur reply. Its very kind of u that u are willing to talk with an agent for my case.

I owe u.

Actually i mis-type my mother's immigration: she has been in Oz since Jan 2010, so hopefully she'll get her PR granted around Mar 2012.That's when i will be eligible for a 835.

Its also good point that u remind me the limitation of a bridging visa's working permission.

Maybe i should go with a student visa with working permission and then make an 835 application coming with a working approval bridging visa. What do u think of this plan?

Anyway I will read through about the bridging visa in the DIAC website tomorrow.

btw does it seem suspicious to DIAC that i as a master degree apply for a bachelor or a TAFE school,which may probably lead to a refusal for "an intention of immigration"?

You are my angel. :wink:

• 8 months later...

Hi Jason,

Don't know if you figured it out or not after such a long time. But I'm similar to you to some extent.

I'm currently waiting for LRR Offshore 115. And the waiting time is 12yrs. I'm also thinking abt LRR Onshore 835. I have done lots of research, and here are your answers:

Sponsored Family Visitor visa (Subclass 679): Normally DIAC will impose No Further Stay (NFS) condition. It means that you cannot apply for LRR Onshore 835 then.

Student Visa: it is very hard to be granted. Because DIAC will consider our cases "at risk". They know that we are currently waiting for LRR 115. Or if lucky enough, Student Visa is granted. DIAC may impose NFS condition and all things come back to Zero.

"Whether an applicant fits the risk factor profile is determined by statistics that have been collated by the Department over a period of time. A risk factor is generally present if the following issues exist:

• the applicant has applied to migrate to Australia or for permanent residence in Australia in the past five years (parent visa applications are the exception).
  • The applicant fits a departmental profile for visitors who are likely to breach visa conditions once they enter Australia" (From MIA)

Not mentioning that we CANNOT WORK during 10yrs of Briding Visa like RockDr said.

I really feel hopeless now. I cannot think of anyway to do LRR Onshore 835. I HATE IT >_<

So, what are you up to? successully switch to Onshore 835? If yes, pls tell me how to do it. Thank you so much.

And could u please tell me how long would it normally take to get this visa?

If it takes 10.5 years as it says in webpages, should I first enter Australia by a Sponsored Family Visitor visa (Subclass 679) and then apply for a Remaining Relative Visa (Onshore) (Subclass 835)) & Bridging Visa as i prefer to be in Oz ASAP.

Thank u very much for your time and patience.

regards

Jason

Dear Jason,

May I ask how old are you now? If you are under 25 years old, you are eligible to this visa

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/child/101/

However, with 10 year working, I guess you might be qualify for this visa. In these circumstances, please try this

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/115/

Parent-non contributory might take up to 10 waiting years, so far I have not known any other cases which might be as long as this one.

The OP started this threat 8 months ago and has not posted on PIO since - may I suggest starting a new thread if you have any advise to ask for.

But no you can not change from Offshore visa to onshore it would be a new application therefore put you at the end of que. Offshore visas usually granted faster than onshore visas.