Possible Sponsorship

Guest Helaine

Guest Caz+John
Hiya Caz+John!

Please tell us how you found sponsorship. we have no idea how to go about this. Thanks :) Adele (FAIRHEAD family)

Hi Adele,

Thanks for your thread, after a long drawn out process with an agency we abandoned them and emailed a hospital directly with our c.v's and within 2 weeks we had an over the phone interview and a job offer. Things moved pretty fast from then on in, only contacted hospital beg August and we're heading out there 20th October. We are both nurses so found work easily. Don't know what your profession is but if you know someone from Oz then your laughing cos they can put you in the direction of a company that you may be interested to work for and vice versa. Try this anyway, the company can then apply for their sponsorship visa and once they get that you can apply on line for visa. Happy applying and hope this helps.

Caz + John:v_SPIN:

Guest chez&john

Hi Helaine,

Noticed you are from Basingstoke, so are we. Good luck with the sponsorship - hope all goes well for you and your family.

My husband has been working in the telecommunications industry for the past 8 years. 3 yrs working for BT as an Telecomms Supervisor. Due to the recent changes to the Skilled Visa. We are no longer able to move to OZ *sigh* he has 8 yrs of work experience and received in-house training and has numerous certifications to support this. But the Oz Govt require a Vocational Qualifcation as well as evidence, well thats us screwed as my OH has none. However, he has VQ in catering but he hasn't to have been working in the catering industry for the last 12 months, we can't use this to get over *sigh*. We are in a catch 22 suituation.

The only way forward for us is sponsership. So if anyone out there can help us - we would very much appreciate it.

Take care - Cheryl & John

After exhausting all possibilities of getting to Australia earlier this year we just about gave up. Then we managed to secure a 457 sponsorship via my husbands uncles company and here we are 7 weeks in and having a ball.

Where theres a will there is def a way. As we cant get a skills assesment we have to wait the 2 years and then apply via ENS. Obviously the downside being that you will be tied to that company. There was an article in the paper here the other day about companies bringing people in on 457 and using them as slave workers (I think is was more the less well off countries) working under minimum wage etc. But for some people these 457 are the only way of getting here. Of course rememeber u get no child benefits or rent allowance etc whilst u are on the 457. You can buy a house, we have rented for 12 months, the interest rate is quite high here compared to the UK so for us it was cheaper to rent than buy till we decided what we are doing.

Good Luck guys and keep fighting.

Em x

Thanks EM+M!

FOR THAT RAY OF HOPE YOU'VE JUST GIVEN US ALL WHO HAVEN'T GOT SKILLED ASSESSMENT POINTS. You seem like a well deserved family and enjoy Oz.

An tell them ozy's i'll be there soon.

Adele + Kelsey xxx:chatterbox:

Archived