URGENT HELP - Motor Trade is ATA recognised in Australia?

Guest Colbourne

Guest Colbourne

Hi All

Anyone in the motor trade used ATA certification as part of their proof for visa application? Visa agent asked if we could find UK company that could certify hubbys skills as car painter, but I'm getting the vibe from other sources that we would need to have this done via Vetasses?

Anyone know anything? He is booked for ATA certification this Thursday so would appreciate any feedback especially if it can save us the money of the certification

Cheers

Candice

Guest izoomzoom

Hi, my hubby did is ATA a couple of years ago. It was a very very basic test. DH said he could have done it with his eyes closed.

Unless the Aussie authorities give validation to the ATA test methods, I don't see it being accepted by them.

We shall be doing the vetassess route (with much lighter wallets)

Guest Colbourne

We have been told it is very basic but as he has to prove his ability as a painter as his qualifications show him as a panel beater. He has been self employed for 11 years so we have no contacts for references now....we are getting a couple of trade customers to write references to help, but our visa agent thinks if we do the TRA route they will only approve him as a panel beater not a paint sprayer because of his qualifications. Does vetassess just assess skills to do the job you want or what you have papers to prove you can do? I am very confused...I am beginning to think that ATA may be a waste of time

Guest izoomzoom

My DH is actually vehicle mechanic and the ATA he did was paid for via his employer, so he just did it, because it was something they wanted.

If you are paying for the ATA, then I don't think it will be worth doing, in the context of immigrating to Oz