New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi - sorry I havent been on all day I've been driving from Durham back to Norfolk most of the day! (Plenty time to think as I was driving!!!) Just knew that we'd get the grant notification when we were apart as OH is working this wk I thought I'd take our boys to see my family in Durham. Anyway, back home now ready to celebrate tonight.

To answer the questions - our initial entry date of 4 October is the date of my police check. We didnt upload them straight away as we were waiting for my OH's back which took a few days longer. Yes, we'll have to validate by then but the latest date for us to stay permanently is 26 October 2016. So, I know I wasnt sure whether you get 5 years from validation or grant, but at least I know for definite now, its 5 years from visa grant date.

I know it seems a little mad at the moment, but my initial thoughts are that we won't move out until 2015. :shocked:Many of you will know, we were ready to move last year, money was sat in the bank ready to buy a house in Oz and even had flights booked which ended up just been a holiday. Since then we've moved area, bought a house, OH's in a job he enjoys & I have recently been offered a job. But our priority is our children's education & because we've moved around so much with OH being in the RAF for 22 years, I dont want to move them again during a crucial time - eldest is well into his GCSE work now. 2015 would allow him to finish GCSEs and hopefully A-levels and youngest to finish GCSEs (although I know they dont count for much in Oz).

Anyway, enough rambling on, better unload the car!

On the positive side, I'm hoping that many of you will have already moved out there by the time we validate next year, so we'll be sure to keep in touch & meet up out in Oz.:biggrin:

Mandy xx

Do you mean that all your documents are still with a 'Required' status?

And, sure, have my best and heartiest congratsssss on your visa !!:wubclub:

Thanks! and yes, on the document checklist (ie 2nd page), most of the list has said 'received' since May 2009 when we applied and I've just checked again, the 2 lines for the meds - Forms 160 and 26EH - these still say 'required' even though we now have the grant. Presumably our CO doesnt use this checklist page then!

Mandy x

Guest Lori2011

Geez! My boss is going on a one month vacation!!!!! What am I gonna do if the job verification happens when he is away?! What do you guys think?well, when i lodged i had a different boss, maybe they will call my former boss, in that case im covered because he wont be traveling in a while, he just got back from his vacation. This waiting is getting to my nerves, im going to snap if i continue checking forums and online status, im gonna leave everything on my agent's hands for a while and disappear for a week or so, see you the next update!

Guest waitingtogotooz
Geez! My boss is going on a one month vacation!!!!! What am I gonna do if the job verification happens when he is away?! What do you guys think?well, when i lodged i had a different boss, maybe they will call my former boss, in that case im covered because he wont be traveling in a while, he just got back from his vacation. This waiting is getting to my nerves, im going to snap if i continue checking forums and online status, im gonna leave everything on my agent's hands for a while and disappear for a week or so, see you the next update!

See you tomorrow ;)

I just checked our status online again and my medicals now show as finalised:jiggy: and no we don't have a case officer yet but I am very relieved as mine was referred BUT get this...

They received our medicals yesterday (25/10) and mine showed as referred and now the date next to finalised is 27/10...which is tomorrow:confused: So unless someone is working night-shift over there, I don't know.

Whichever way...just very glad to see the word "finalised" next to my name as well:biggrin:

I'm very disappointed in the C.O allocations this week,lets hope they make up for it tomorrow and Friday:notworthy:

A

Well, CO allocations seems to have been stopped this week, or maybe they are silently working. At this pace, i dont think the next update will be to far from feb 1st.... Well, lets see how friday develops in Adelaide

it's not past 14 feb yet... still no CO here....

Guest waitingtogotooz

I'm not sure if anyone can help but I have a medical question: my OH has a high BMI, we are kinda crapping it now that we won't get our visas granted cause he is overweight. He has been dieting but is very muscley do won't get within a normal range, no where near it in fact. We did one of those home tests for cholesterol which was fine but as u all know me by now I'm a worrier. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm not sure if anyone can help but I have a medical question: my OH has a high BMI, we are kinda crapping it now that we won't get our visas granted cause he is overweight. He has been dieting but is very muscley do won't get within a normal range, no where near it in fact. We did one of those home tests for cholesterol which was fine but as u all know me by now I'm a worrier. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am getting the feeling you are a bit of a worrier.....I am sure I read somewhere that you only need to worry if your BMI is over 40 and you are unfit....we went for our meds yesterday, and Cholesterol was not mentioned, you only have a blood test for HIV, unless you are going to be working in medicine or teaching, then they do Hep bloods, but that is all......You are worrying for no reason!!! now breath and relax.

Su x

Only when BMI is over 40 should you worry. It will be fine.

Ok so what if it's over 40??

So I worried a little on this too, my BMI was 30 a few months back which classed me as obese, so a diet was in hand, which I did and got down to 27 which is just in the over weight region.

The one thing I learnt was that if the doctor thinks theres a problem with your BMI, it simply means you will have to take extra blood tests but if he's fit and active then I shouldn't see it being a problem. Basically when we went for our meds, the doctor explained that they (DIAC) are simply looking to see if you are going to be a burden on the health system when you arrive.

I found my info off the DIAC website.

Hope this helps.

Guest waitingtogotooz

Thank you guys I really don't know what I'd do without this thread.

Yes it is the guy in the pic. His muscles must weigh a lot but he does have a bit of a belly.

Mandy we are going to the Spire harts wood in Brentwood.

Do you think he should go see a GP next week?

Guest waitingtogotooz
Even a bmi over 40 if you have no health problems you will be fine their is a guy on poms called Bensdad he has started a fab thread on this subject.

Great

Do you know the name of the thread?

Guest higgers

Hi, please add me to your list!

Name: Chris

Date of Visa application: 1st May 2011

Nationality: Low

Trade/profession: Management Accountant

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: Cat 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have added you to the spreadsheet

Hi, please add me to your list!

Name: Chris

Date of Visa application: 1st May 2011

Nationality: Low

Trade/profession: Management Accountant

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: Cat 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Thanks

Chris

Thank you guys I really don't know what I'd do without this thread.

Yes it is the guy in the pic. His muscles must weigh a lot but he does have a bit of a belly.

Mandy we are going to the Spire harts wood in Brentwood.

Do you think he should go see a GP next week?

I wouldn't if I were your OH. Your meds are next week arent they? There's nothing wrong with him is there that you know of, so I would see how the meds go. Like Anlopa said, if everything else is ok I would say that you'll be fine. Even if you go to the Drs next week he/she would maybe suggest a diet (but I also agree with above, your OH looks fine) - what difference would that make in a few days?

Mandy x

Guest Pumpkin30

Hi. I am just looking at the website for the medical centre where I want to book my medicals. It is The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead, I have read in some posts that people have recently been to that medical centre so I wondered if any of you are reading this message if you could answer a question for me. I am just trying to work out what forms I need to print out and fill in etc. It says something about before attending appointment I need to

Please select Complete Health Forms for this Applicant at the bottom of the page.

This enables you to access your Online Health record. Click next at the bottom of the page.

Select the Bridge Clinic. Click next.

I understand this is when you are looking at the page when you check the status of your online visa application but I cannot find anything that lists complete health forms and the option to choose the clinic where I am going to do my medicals. It also says something about filling in a questionnaire. Sorry if I am being thick but I am totally confused by what this means, there is nothing on the status application that says anything like that. It just has the link for the medical forms by each of our names and so I print those out and fill out and also the immigration form on the medical centre website but that is it. Is there anything else I need to do?

I need to email them another form just so I can then ring them up to make an appointment!

If anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks.