New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

diacupdate150811.jpg

This is based on DIAC's update from the emails and the latest website. Unfortunately it makes it far harder to predict as I have nothing to benchmark the update on. (EG: Date of email update verses progress made). That said I am trying to formulate an equation that looks at people getting Case offices.

diacupdate150811.jpg

This is based on DIAC's update from the emails and the latest website. Unfortunately it makes it far harder to predict as I have nothing to benchmark the update on. (EG: Date of email update verses progress made). That said I am trying to formulate an equation that looks at people getting Case offices.

Thank you for this up date.

Tania

diaccoprediction15thaug.jpg

OK So this was a shocker for me. This is based on the Guys and Gals on ExpactForum who are keeping the following sheet updated http://tinyurl.com/P3-Spread-Sheet

It is calculated on the amount of days from date of application to date of getting a CO.

What it doesn't consider is high risk and low risk applicants and the 18th March email applicants. What I have done is remove any un-normal ones and then averaged it out.

You will also see from the sheet that 90% have been granted and this sheets shows that front loading works as long as your willing to take the risk.

Hope you enjoy.

diaccoprediction15thaug.jpg

OK So this was a shocker for me. This is based on the Guys and Gals on ExpactForum who are keeping the following sheet updated http://tinyurl.com/P3-Spread-Sheet

It is calculated on the amount of days from date of application to date of getting a CO.

What it doesn't consider is high risk and low risk applicants and the 18th March email applicants. What I have done is remove any un-normal ones and then averaged it out.

You will also see from the sheet that 90% have been granted and this sheets shows that front loading works as long as your willing to take the risk.

Hope you enjoy.

I received 18th march letter. so i thought i would get CO before July. Again they changed processing priorities. They told i will get CO by September.According to this analysis i have wait end of this year to get co........... Another along wait................. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I received 18th march letter. so i thought i would get CO before July. Again they changed processing priorities. They told i will get CO by September.According to this analysis i have wait end of this year to get co........... Another along wait................. :cry: :cry: :cry:

No, I doubt you have to wait. This includes applicants who received the 18th March email and as such any comms from DIAC in regards to the 18th March email supersedes these dates. I imagine you will have a CO by September, don't worry!

This is why its very very hard to predict, as you have so many varying factors (18th March email applicants, the DIAC website update, HR vs LR etc etc).

No, I doubt you have to wait. This includes applicants who received the 18th March email and as such any comms from DIAC in regards to the 18th March email supersedes these dates. I imagine you will have a CO by September, don't worry!

This is why its very very hard to predict, as you have so many varying factors (18th March email applicants, the DIAC website update, HR vs LR etc etc).

Thanx for the reply DCAL. I agree with you that it is too difficult to predict. My agent also told that hopefully, i will get CO by September. So hope for the best............ :idea: long wait make me crazy...........

That's very interesting DCAL, but what about the fitters and other peeps that were put back on the SOL in July, do we take there date of lodgement (dec2009 in our case) or do we take july 1st 2011, I seem to remember way back when people were changing from 175 independent to 176 state sponsored, they were taking it from date SS was granted. I guess only DIAC can answer that one......we will just have to wait and see if any of the dinasors get a CO before April 2012 (your predicted date for July 2011 applicants)

Su x

That's very interesting DCAL, but what about the fitters and other peeps that were put back on the SOL in July, do we take there date of lodgement (dec2009 in our case) or do we take july 1st 2011, I seem to remember way back when people were changing from 175 independent to 176 state sponsored, they were taking it from date SS was granted. I guess only DIAC can answer that one......we will just have to wait and see if any of the dinasors get a CO before April 2012 (your predicted date for July 2011 applicants)

Su x

Hi Su,

All those that were put back on the list should now be assigned to a co this is what has happened in the past as they would normally stop processing others in that cat until they got up to date with the other that were put in that cat.

Tania:biggrin:

I've only submitted my app online 2 weeks ago and uploaded the documents a couple of days after. Even after 2 weeks the status still says documents required?! anyone else have this?

Also, I was curious to know how some people have submitted medicals and police checks without being allocated a case officer? Do i not have to wait to be asked to submit?

Thanks in advance!

I've only submitted my app online 2 weeks ago and uploaded the documents a couple of days after. Even after 2 weeks the status still says documents required?! anyone else have this?

Also, I was curious to know how some people have submitted medicals and police checks without being allocated a case officer? Do i not have to wait to be asked to submit?

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to this thread, yes you should wait for a case officer before submitting medicals and police checks as they are only valid for 12 months.

Tania

Guest waitingtogotooz

We have decided to cancel our meds & we will book for Jan12 unless we get a CO b4 hand. Going out in Jan13 is perfect for the kids to start a new school year out there & waiting the extra few months gives us more time to save. Saying that by the posts on here we shld be getting a CO in sept so only time will tell xx

Thanks in advance!

1-Status says documents required until co is located, I mean the status will be changed after co allocation.

2-submittion of medicals and police checks are up to you and up to your prediction of CO allocation. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Tania, have any of the fitters etc. been allocated a CO then, as it is now over 6 weeks since we were put back on the SOL, I thought we woukld have heard something by now

Su x

Hi Su,

Only one I have seen who is not a Fitter but was in the same position being put back on the sol,

Hey guys, I’ve been a reader (not a commentator) of the forum for the past year but I just literately opened my account just to let you guys know that I have a CO. Well as a matter of fact, just to let Tania know that I have a CO (we are on the same boat here, old cat 4, now new cat 4 members).

I lodged my 885 application in August 2009 (Solicitor) and after all the madness with CSL, old SOL and so on, I was sent to the old category 4 (now category 5) but provided that my occupation was included in the new SOL I was moved to new category 4 on 1-07-11.

I did email the department 3 times after 1-07-11 requesting the allocation of my application to a CO and on 27-07-2011 my application was allocated to team 15 Brisbane (I’m onshore applicant). Medicals are booked, AFP clearance requested so it is a matter of time now for the big day.

My details below.

Name: Propellerboy

Date of Visa application: 24 August 2009

Nationality: Venezuelan

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Solicitor

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: onshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): n/a

Post-14th July Category: Category 5 now 4

Medicals submitted: booked - to be submitted

Police check submitted: requested - to be submitted

Date CO assigned: 27 July 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted:

Thanks in advance!

They usually are shown as "required" until you have a CO. The CO will then check your documents and update them to "met". Mine are still required after 7 months since my lodgement date.

We have decided to cancel our meds & we will book for Jan12 unless we get a CO b4 hand. Going out in Jan13 is perfect for the kids to start a new school year out there & waiting the extra few months gives us more time to save. Saying that by the posts on here we shld be getting a CO in sept so only time will tell xx

It must have been a hard decision to make but like you said if you get a CO you can always re book and gives you time to save so I guess their is a positive, good luck and I hope you hear something soon.

Tania

Does anyone know how easy it would be for me to switch my application from s175 to s176? my thinking is that I can hopefully have my WA approved in a couple of weeks and go through that route? If i can switch that is?!

Think i just found the answer on the WA website?! Darn it, was hoping for a quicker way in!

Q: Can I obtain priority processing with State sponsorship if I have already applied for an Independent Skilled visa or I have been sponsored by a family member?

A:

Applications for permanent visas lodged before 1/7/2010

Yes. Applicants who applied for either a skilled (Residence) or skilled (Migrant) visa (subclasses 175, 176, 885 and 886) before 1 July 2010 are able to seek State sponsorship and have their application assessed on the basis of having State sponsorship.

Applications for permanent visas lodged on or after 1/7/2010

No. Applicants who applied for either a Skilled (Residence) or Skilled (Migrant) visa (subclasses 175, 176, 885, 886) on or after 1 July 2010 as either an independent or family sponsored applicant cannot be assessed using a State or territory nomination under a plan. This is because it is a legislative requirement for applicants applying from 1 July 2010 to have obtained a nomination prior to lodging the visa application.

Guest Propellerboy
Hi Su,

Only one I have seen who is not a Fitter but was in the same position being put back on the sol,

Hey guys, I’ve been a reader (not a commentator) of the forum for the past year but I just literately opened my account just to let you guys know that I have a CO. Well as a matter of fact, just to let Tania know that I have a CO (we are on the same boat here, old cat 4, now new cat 4 members).

I lodged my 885 application in August 2009 (Solicitor) and after all the madness with CSL, old SOL and so on, I was sent to the old category 4 (now category 5) but provided that my occupation was included in the new SOL I was moved to new category 4 on 1-07-11.

I did email the department 3 times after 1-07-11 requesting the allocation of my application to a CO and on 27-07-2011 my application was allocated to team 15 Brisbane (I’m onshore applicant). Medicals are booked, AFP clearance requested so it is a matter of time now for the big day.

My details below.

Name: Propellerboy

Date of Visa application: 24 August 2009

Nationality: Venezuelan

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Solicitor

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: onshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): n/a

Post-14th July Category: Category 5 now 4

Medicals submitted: booked - to be submitted

Police check submitted: requested - to be submitted

Date CO assigned: 27 July 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted:

I also heard from another friend who graduated with me (Solicitor) that she was assigned a CO a week or so ago (she lodged her application offshore back in 2009 so Adelaide office is also catching up).

In addition, please update my info:

Medicals submitted: 13-08-11

Police check submitted: 16-08-12

HI guys,

Do you have any idea how long it takes for the medical result to be finalised?

I went for the medical check last week and I've been told by medibank that it will be 2- 6 weeks, will it exceed the 28 days period to submit the requested health result?

Just wondering who should I contact with to know whether my medical result has been finalised and sent off to my CO.

I'm an 885 applicant.

Guest Propellerboy
HI guys,

Do you have any idea how long it takes for the medical result to be finalised?

I went for the medical check last week and I've been told by medibank that it will be 2- 6 weeks, will it exceed the 28 days period to submit the requested health result?

Just wondering who should I contact with to know whether my medical result has been finalised and sent off to my CO.

I'm an 885 applicant.

Medicals usually take 2 weeks (what it takes longer is the HIV test which is outsourced to Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology). Just let your CO know that you have done your medicals and you will be fine. If you are in Oz you can ask Medibank to send the meds straight to the Brisbane Office (for onshore applicants). If for any strange reason the envelop is “misplaced” in the process (it does happen a lot), the CO can still access your medical report through their internal system. The 28 days period is very flexible so don’t you worry about that.

I did my medicals last Saturday, informed my CO today and now basically waiting for the big news.