New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Yayy... After a long wait, I've finally seen the magic word 'Applicant Approved' after chansing the CO a few hours ago :jiggy:

I wish you all good luck for your future settlement in Australia and hope to your grant day coming soon :biggrin:

(Never lose hope ~ Polish slogan)

Congratulations,but is it not the middle of the night in Aus now.

Hi !

a new Cat4 waiting :)

Name: ppcark

Date of Visa application: 11 march 2011

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: software engineer

Visa type: 175

Medicals submitted: no

Police check submitted: no

Date CO assigned: no

Date of employment verification (If applicable): no

Date visa granted: ?

Another Marchian:jiggy: WELCOME:biggrin:

Fingers and toes crossed that its the Marchians' turn for pink this week!:wubclub:

Good luck!

A

Guest Lori2011
Anyone taking any pets? You have idea of costs and quarantine arrangements?

I would love to take my dog, but i dont think it will be posible, my country is not on the list.....I need to find a way for my pet to stay for 6 months in a listed country (UK is on the list, no need for you to worry about this step) and then the little one has to be aired to melbourne, sydney or perth and quarantine for 3 months. I checked it online on the aussie visa site, there is even a document of steps you must follow, i will look for it later today and send it to you, later for me is tomorrow for you by the way...

Guest Lori2011
We have a black Lab Daisy and a Ginger tom called Mia, they are loved so much. we are going to have to leave them behind, but we are quite lucky that my auntie has a small holding and loves animals. We couldn't split these two up as they are in love they sleep together go out for walks together, they are a sight to be seen.

This is a very hard decision and has not been taken lightly but the fact that we are not going to get any cash out of the sale of the house means times are hard. The money that we would have used for the Animals will have to buy us a car

.:sad:

I totally understand you, for me, taking my red aussie (ironic huh? My dog is an aussie) would cost me around 5K USD!!! I cannot imagine my life without my doggie, but I dont have much of an option; leaving her behind will totally break my heart

We're going to be taking our two 3-year old cats with us - they are our 'babies' and I ain't going anywhere without them!! We would leave them if there was a family member or close friend we trusted would take care of them, but all the 'cat' people we know already have their hands full with their own cats!! I suppose the other way we see it is that we took responsibility for them from when they were just kittens in the Cats Protection and we are all they've known, so we will do whatever we have to to bring them over and keep them with us. Though I understand why some people do have to leave their pets behind and I'm heartbroken for them!!

Plus our two are already house cats so should settle in to the Oz way, which I understand the majority seem to be house cats out there with so many of these cat curfews around!! Plus they'll be the perfect spider catchers for us!!lol

Forgot to say, super congrats on selling the house!!! We put ours on the market on Friday 14th, had one viewing last Tuesday which was promising, and had a second one tonight which I think went even better - not sure we can match your 3-week sale period, although I would absolutely love that to happen!!

And the weird thing is - last Sunday I had this gut feeling we'd get a call from the agent about a potential viewing, and it happened the next day. Didn't get the feeling all week, until this Sunday night again, where I went into a crazed Mrs (or rather Mr) Mop phase at 10.30pm to get the house looking spotless - and low and behold, we get a call today about the second potential viewing this morning!

Either I'm turning phychic, or this whole visa process is sending me doolaley!! :jiggy:

Aiming for lotto numbers next....perhaps we should have a 'Cat 4' syndicate and try and help us all get that bit of extra money for the move out!!lol

Oh and forgot to say....

Did anyone see the posts in another forum from the 14 June 2011 175 applicant who said his online status had changed to 'Application being process further'?? I always thought this meant a CO had looked at your application in the background....but surely it can't be, can it?! Seems way too early, although I gather he has front loaded PCC and is using an agent, but hasn't submitted Meds....

Answers on a postcard everyone!!lol :confused:

Hi All,

Please turn me purple, I got my pre-grant letter yesterday. Thanks a lot for all the help and support. Wish all of people waiting now, grant very very soon :-)

Cheers

Sav321

Guest Lori2011

here is the link!!! I got everything from here, hope its helpful:

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs

you might also want to check pet-moving specialized companies, such as: http://www.aussiemove.com/aus/pets.asp

of course, its like hiring an agent for your pet, I think it would be veeeeery expensive. Why don't you ask your agent, mine is willing to help me move my little one if we decide to (and gather the extra money)

Guest Lori2011
Oh and forgot to say....

Did anyone see the posts in another forum from the 14 June 2011 175 applicant who said his online status had changed to 'Application being process further'?? I always thought this meant a CO had looked at your application in the background....but surely it can't be, can it?! Seems way too early, although I gather he has front loaded PCC and is using an agent, but hasn't submitted Meds....

yeah, I saw it.....mmmm, I asked my agent about those cases, she told me perhaps the one who posted it is mistaken and the visa is not a 175, or maybe, he is lying, or maybe, he is just very very lucky.....i wouldn't like to think that someone is lying around getting our hopes high, we rely in each other experience, if people start lying, this whole thing would be just a waste of time

Oh and forgot to say....

We applied for 176 in Sept, day after lodging our online status said application being processed further. We hadnt yet uploaded any documents, but when we received email conformation, it had listed me as my Madien name, even tho my married name had been put in the application. (think it was because I put my previous visa number in the form at the start which had been in my madin name) We called up and they sorted the name out. We never received a CO till 2 weeks after that, I took it that as some one had gone in to our application to change something that it changed the status.

I wouldnt read too much in to it.

Guest Lori2011
Hi

i went to the Australian Embassy yesterday and got stamped visa label in the passport......

Hope to fly soon................

:jiggy: :jiggy: :jiggy:

Good Luck Dear Friends..................

Samk6

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jiggy:

So my 2 year-old woke me up just now (its 03:25am..) and silly me decided to check online status. I don't think we have a CO yet but medicals show as finalised for whole family except for me! Arrrrrrrgh! MEDICALS REFERRED :(

I don't understand why! I gave my neurologist's report to the dr and I can't see why it would be referred...haven't had a seizure in YEARS. Can drive,work,very low maintenance dose medication...

How the hell am I going to sleep now??! I emailed agent asking him to find out why it was referred. Is it standard procedure to refer if one of applicants have a condition or is the problem maybe with xrays? The radiographer requested second xray to confirm something and came back to say that its normal...

Note to self : never ever ever ever ever check online status at this time of day.

:(

A

Guest JohnAnton
So my 2 year-old woke me up just now (its 03:25am..) and silly me decided to check online status. I don't think we have a CO yet but medicals show as finalised for whole family except for me! Arrrrrrrgh! MEDICALS REFERRED :(

I don't understand why! I gave my neurologist's report to the dr and I can't see why it would be referred...haven't had a seizure in YEARS. Can drive,work,very low maintenance dose medication...

How the hell am I going to sleep now??! I emailed agent asking him to find out why it was referred. Is it standard procedure to refer if one of applicants have a condition or is the problem maybe with xrays? The radiographer requested second xray to confirm something and came back to say that its normal...

Note to self : never ever ever ever ever check online status at this time of day.

:(

A

I'm wondering if you have co now

I'm wondering if you have co now

I'm off to bed again but my agent usually replies almost immediately so I'll be sure to post any info I have when I get to work.

A

Hi !

a new Cat4 waiting :)

Name: ppcark

Date of Visa application: 11 march 2011

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: software engineer

Medicals submitted: no

Police check submitted: no

Date CO assigned: no

Date of employment verification (If applicable): no

Date visa granted: ?

Hi and welcome to this thread I have now added your details to the front page.

Seems strange this might be our last cold Christmas, last time of picking a tree. next year will be so strange. I love not unlocking the doors Christmas day and it being just us, next year we will be fighting to get our towels on the beach first, and putting on sunscreen.:cool:

I know what you mean, ours will be with family as we do every year I will miss the big family Christmas dinner!! but I do have family in Aus so not too bad even thou will miss family here, I am thinking the beach next year.

We will be leaving my lovely dog but he will be going to my dad and his wife so not too bad, I was worried about cane toads as they are poisonous for dogs if your dog likes playing with things that move and they are more dangerous to smaller dogs and my dog is small , they can be treated but not a risk I was willing to take.

Yayy... After a long wait, I've finally seen the magic word 'Applicant Approved' after chansing the CO a few hours ago :jiggy:

I wish you all good luck for your future settlement in Australia and hope to your grant day coming soon :biggrin:

(Never lose hope ~ Polish slogan)

Congratulations:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Name: crystal2005

Date of Visa application: 27 May 2011

Nationality: IDN

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Analyst Programmer

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: 05/09/11

Date visa granted: 25/10/11

Our Xrays now say: Further medical results received.

Now just need the blood tests to be uploaded and the medical results. Clinic said this should happen on Friday.

Then the 2 week wait for the police checks....

I'm thinking these next 2 weeks are going to go very slowly! :goofy:

Hi All,

Please turn me purple, I got my pre-grant letter yesterday. Thanks a lot for all the help and support. Wish all of people waiting now, grant very very soon :-)

Cheers

Sav321

Congratulations:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Name: Sav321

Date of Visa application: 29/12/2010

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession:Analyst Programmer

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 4

Post-14th July Category:4

Medicals submitted: No6-10-2011

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: 18/10/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:25/10/11

Name: PatrickW

Date of Visa application: 19 September 2011

Nationality: South Africa

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: Chemical Engineer

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted:

Name: vbulsara

Date of Visa application: 10 Jan 2010

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: ICT Business Analyst

Visa type: 176- Family Sponsored

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: 20 Oct 2011

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: 14 Oct 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted:

Guest waitingtogotooz
here is the link!!! I got everything from here, hope its helpful:

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs

you might also want to check pet-moving specialized companies, such as: http://www.aussiemove.com/aus/pets.asp

of course, its like hiring an agent for your pet, I think it would be veeeeery expensive. Why don't you ask your agent, mine is willing to help me move my little one if we decide to (and gather the extra money)

Doesnt give prices :sad: