New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest Lori2011
With all the excitement as a result of the good progress being made, is anyone concerned about the ex-change rates. I imagine that towards the end of next year most of us in this thread will be in Oz. Our plan to rent for the first 6-12 months what is everyone else planning to for those requiring at some stage to exchanfe £'s for $'s.

What are other peoples plans?

By the way our Chosen destination is WA.

Cheers

We are heading to Perth, i want to rent a furnished flat temporarily while we settle and find somerhing definite, buy my hubby isnt happy with that idea, so we might rent and slowly buy everything new and eventually buy a home.

On the other hand, we just started considering Melbourne, but im not sure, i think the living cost is higher and therefore harder to start from scratch.

Guest Lori2011
Not a bad idea, Ive added the column on...

I know DCAL mentioned he was in Team 2...

Hey Bpremji, a couple of days ago I sugested adding job verification column, how bout that???? I see many people dont get it but others do, might helpnto find a pattern

It’s that time of week when the Case officers will be tucked up in bed waiting for that alarm clock to make that nasty noise which means that the weekend is over and it’s time to head off to their desks and process some of them their visas.

So lets hope that the cleaner has not hovered up that important piece of paper, or the maintenance man used my file to write the details of the faulty part in the aircon unit. They seem now to have got some momentum going and fingers crossed this speed will continue.

This week i found a penny in the loading area at work and passed it on to the first person that I saw, bless him he now passes me with caution (thinks I’m loopy) and last night at work there was no one in the building other than the fix it fairies and I found another 20p on the floor which is in my back pocket.

So I have now passed on a penny, so my luck will never end, I’ve covered the other angle with all day long you’ll have good luck by keeping the 20p and I have a sticky green alien stuck to the wall in my lounge which the kids even tell their friend to leave it alone as I go neurotic if any one just looks at it funny.

I have even gone outside on a clear night and waited for a shooting star.

I better not see any magpies this week cos that will undo everything

LOL Please Mr case officer grant me a visa so I can become normal again.

For anyone else going through the same I have posted a helpful link

http://www.mentalhealthcare-uk.com/?gclid=CL3EnMeH_6sCFQUNfAodbXOWnw

:biglaugh::biglaugh: You lot crack me up..... what would i do without you all as a comfort blanket in these dark DIAC times:hug: :notworthy::notworthy:

Did consider this but we have been putting this in the 'Any Other Info' column....Hope thats ok

Bharat

Hey Bpremji, a couple of days ago I sugested adding job verification column, how bout that???? I see many people dont get it but others do, might helpnto find a pattern

It’s that time of week when the Case officers will be tucked up in bed waiting for that alarm clock to make that nasty noise which means that the weekend is over and it’s time to head off to their desks and process some of them their visas.

So lets hope that the cleaner has not hovered up that important piece of paper, or the maintenance man used my file to write the details of the faulty part in the aircon unit. They seem now to have got some momentum going and fingers crossed this speed will continue.

This week i found a penny in the loading area at work and passed it on to the first person that I saw, bless him he now passes me with caution (thinks I’m loopy) and last night at work there was no one in the building other than the fix it fairies and I found another 20p on the floor which is in my back pocket.

So I have now passed on a penny, so my luck will never end, I’ve covered the other angle with all day long you’ll have good luck by keeping the 20p and I have a sticky green alien stuck to the wall in my lounge which the kids even tell their friend to leave it alone as I go neurotic if any one just looks at it funny.

I have even gone outside on a clear night and waited for a shooting star.

I better not see any magpies this week cos that will undo everything

LOL Please Mr case officer grant me a visa so I can become normal again.

For anyone else going through the same I have posted a helpful link

http://www.mentalhealthcare-uk.com/?gclid=CL3EnMeH_6sCFQUNfAodbXOWnw

Good luck for next week everyone. :wubclub:

Good job you don't live near me as I see magpies everyday, they are always on the field at the back of my house and I hate it when I only see one, I just pretend I haven't seen it and look away!!!

Guest waitingtogotooz

We are all so close now, well done "Waitingtogotooz" whereabouts in the UK are you?, and how long has your house been on the market??

Essex/East London been on for 3 weeks with 8 viewings have offered us a lot less than what we wanted but are accepting as they are in a good position & gives us time to get out n save

While we're all worried about the allocation of COs, I also see us mentioning exchange rates. I live in the US, and right now 1 USD = .97 AUD. About three weeks ago, it was 1 USD = 1.05 AUD, and I should have jumped at it.

Quite frankly, one of the reasons we all want to move to Oz is the strong economy. The UK, US, and Europe all have struggling economies at the moment and large amounts of sovereign debt. Oz has relatively little sovereign debt and a strong economy. This means the AUD goes up against the Pound, US Dollar, and Euro (and probably other currencies). My plan is to buy a lot of AUD if it jumps over parity with the USD again. It isn't going to change significantly any time soon.

Just my opinion.

While we're all worried about the allocation of COs, I also see us mentioning exchange rates. I live in the US, and right now 1 USD = .97 AUD. About three weeks ago, it was 1 USD = 1.05 AUD, and I should have jumped at it.

Quite frankly, one of the reasons we all want to move to Oz is the strong economy. The UK, US, and Europe all have struggling economies at the moment and large amounts of sovereign debt. Oz has relatively little sovereign debt and a strong economy. This means the AUD goes up against the Pound, US Dollar, and Euro (and probably other currencies). My plan is to buy a lot of AUD if it jumps over parity with the USD again. It isn't going to change significantly any time soon.

Just my opinion.

The Oz $ could weaken if China continues to slow and the alledged housing bubble bursts. Lots of things can happen over the next 12 months the global economy is very fragile. In terms of time frame it will be at least a year before we get to oz and we will probably rent for a year. Alot can happen in 2 years during this time we will have our money ready to ex-change at a moments notice.

We will be heading to either Brisbane or Sydney. We're planning on doing a reccie next year as we aren't ready to move yet (thought we'd be waiting another year for our visa when we applied) and we'll visit both places. OH works in IT though on the security side so I think it will end up being Sydney otherwise he'll be working away a lot and that takes away the point of the move.

Guest waitingtogotooz

Adelaide offices will be starting work soon. Let's hope they keep up the processing speed & we see some visas granted & CO's allocated this week

Good luck & see u all on here in morn xx

Guest JohnAnton
why is that the link is not updated with new times still....

or should we wait till end of the day?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

it should have been updated by now.

diac is known to often delay things.

the webpage could be updated as late as tomorrow just like last time. :arghh:

Guest JohnAnton

my reaction:

P1 = Oct 5, 2011. They have 13-16 days worth of backlog to finish before doing P3

P3 = Sept 30, 2011. Quite good news actually. This means that they've almost caught up

with the backlog they have with those transferred to P3 from being P4 or P5

P4 = Feb 1, 2011. The movement is just one month for every 2 weeks. hmmm. this is just

moderately good considering that DIAC has moved as much as 80-90

days in 2 weeks in some of the previous months.

It is also good to consider that a lot of Feb 2011 applicants have CO or grants

already. Very likely that more Machians will have good news within the following

weeks.

my reaction:

P1 = Oct 5, 2011. They have 13-16 days worth of backlog to finish before doing P3

P3 = Sept 30, 2011. Quite good news actually. This means that they've almost caught up

with the backlog they have with those transferred to P3 from being P4 or P5

P4 = Feb 1, 2011. The movement is just one month for every 2 weeks. hmmm. this is just

moderately good considering that DIAC has moved as much as 80-90

days in 2 weeks in some of the previous months.

It is also good to consider that a lot of Feb 2011 applicants have CO or grants

already. Very likely that more Machians will have good news within the following

weeks.

well, even at this rate, it is just a matter of another 3 months before it reaches Sep...cool... hope to have a CO by Feb or so at least....

well, even at this rate, it is just a matter of another 3 months before it reaches Sep...cool... hope to have a CO by Feb or so at least....

I hope so for both our cases Ind175. But it's important to bear in mind that there were probably a massive amount of applications leading up to the 1st July deadline for applications using the old points system. Processing June applications will take longer than normal I am guessing.

Another piece of info I'd be interested in, which could possibly be added either to the spreadsheet or Tania's list is the team/case officer once you're allocated. I know you're not allowed to name the CO on here but can put initials. It would possibly give others some idea how fast certain teams/case officer's work. I've seen CO initials mentioned on the spouse visa thread.

Mandy

Not a bad idea, Ive added the column on...

I know DCAL mentioned he was in Team 2...

Hi Bpremji, We are looking at QLD Goldcoast, fingers crossed if the visa fairy still has any fairy dust left. We are also T2 with JW.

I was thinking the same thing as you Mandy with this one.

We are also team 2 but with MT. :biggrin:

we will be heading to Queensland, far north if OH can get a job there. I fancy challenging myself with the snakes, spiders and croc's:eek: wanted to try something totally different to the UK:cute:

We are also Team 2............ not the same CO that are mentioned already though. He is a very nice man who decided to not make us panic and stress any more than we have to and change all our Doc's to MET:smile: and for that alone i could give him a big fat sloppy kiss:biglaugh::biglaugh:

We are team4 RB, she has been great ... Only things that are not MET are police checks (uploaded this weekend) and Medical (booked for Tuesday)......We are all so close now, well done "Waitingtogotooz" whereabouts in the UK are you?, and how long has your house been on the market??

I have now added what team you are in next to where it says CO on the front page.

Guest AndyH78

I always promised myself that I wouldn't get caught up in the constant checking of my application process, after all, I'm in no rush certainly financially, and it seems my visa will be dealt with 12 months earlier than I ever expected.

Yet on Friday, I was struggling to log into my bank, even to the extenet I rung them and told them my account number wasn't working.

It turned out that I was trying to log in using my passport number........