New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest waitingtogotooz
You should get the mobile phone app for pomsinoz and be sad like me and check all the messages on the way to work in the morning!lol

Oh I'm so on it :wink:

Guest Lori2011
Ah I really  this thread. It really is so nice to be able to speak to ppl who are in the same positions as each other and get and give advice. Everything I get an email to say some1 has written smth on here I can't wait to get on here & read it.

Really do wish us all the best of luck :)

I know what you mean, this thread is helping me from going insane! We should all make a reunion in a couple of years somewhere in OZ....also we should make a thread to follow up the settle process once we all get our grants and keep advicing and getting adviced

Guest waitingtogotooz
I know what you mean, this thread is helping me from going insane! We should all make a reunion in a couple of years somewhere in OZ....also we should make a thread to follow up the settle process once we all get our grants and keep advicing and getting adviced

Sounds like a plan ;)

Guest IoanHoria
Sounds like a plan ;)

I really hope you guys will not have to wait as long as I have...without you all the day here I would go nuts! This thread is really helping me with the waiting game that I play with my CO...

And since "this sounds like a plan" , lets make a deal, first there has to give the first barbie and the beer!

Just checked the processing time link in DIAC website and it is still on January 1st for 175.... what do you guys think would be the next update?

looking at the trends (people from April getting allocated), I am hoping to see some date in Feb 2011 :cute:

i know its just 2 months since i applied, but the wait is already getting tough...

come on DIAC, rush rush!:biggrin:

Guest Lori2011
I really hope you guys will not have to wait as long as I have...without you all the day here I would go nuts! This thread is really helping me with the waiting game that I play with my CO...

And since "this sounds like a plan" , lets make a deal, first there has to give the first barbie and the beer!

I'm in!!!!! I'll see you all in OZ

Guest IoanHoria

Guys, it seems that this proposal turned against me!

This morning, just about an hour ago, I GOT MY PR 176 VISA! :jiggy::hug::biggrin:

I'm finished with the waiting game! I have the golden ticket!

Oz, here I come, in November! :jiggy::biggrin:

I'm going to the land down-under...la la, lala, la la la

This morning, just about an hour ago, I GOT MY PR 176 VISA! :jiggy::hug::biggrin:

Congrats

Fate has restored the balance of this sarcasm today :embarrassed:as I am supporting hammer rash on left hand. One rather large swollen bruise.:arghh: As a lady of course i remained dignified :yes:as I threw the hammer further than they do in the Olympics.:shocked:

Oh dear I guess that would be karma come back around :tongue: sorry, hope your hand is ok :hug:

Wow Congrats:jiggy::hug:

I know 100% how you feel, its a gut thing for me too....

I've made a subconscious decision that as soon as a May applicant gets a CO, Im going to get meds done, Ive already done my PCC as I had a driving mis-demeanour about 10 years ago and wanted to make sure it didn't appear on the certificate, luckily it didnt, thats dated late September and Ive been told they use the earlier date from your meds and PCC for your initial entry date..so mine (if i get the visa) will be that date anyway....

Definitely appreciate a point of view from the other side of the coin, also doing the meds early gives you more time if they get referred, so there's definitely advantages...

Also, why not join the gang and put your details on the thread?

Their are positives and negatives for doing your medicals early a lot of positives and 1 fat negative I wish you look and you will probably be OK, good luck :hug:

Your it is then:tongue:

Congratulations:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

[COLOR="Purple]Name: Olar Ioan Horia

]Date of Visa application: 2 / 07 / 2010

Nationality: romanian

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: architect

Visa type: 176 state sponsored SA

Onshore/offshore: off

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): N/A

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: 20 / 04 / 2011

Police check submitted: 18 / 04 / 2011

Date CO assigned: 5 / 07 / 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): not yet

Date visa granted: 21/10/11

[/color]

Guest IoanHoria
Your it is then:tongue:

Congratulations:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

[COLOR="Purple]Name: Olar Ioan Horia

]Date of Visa application: 2 / 07 / 2010

Nationality: romanian

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: architect

Visa type: 176 state sponsored SA

Onshore/offshore: off

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): N/A

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: 20 / 04 / 2011

Police check submitted: 18 / 04 / 2011

Date CO assigned: 5 / 07 / 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): not yet

Date visa granted: 21/10/11

[/color]

Thanks Tania! I really hope to see you all here, where I am now! on the 9th cloud!

PS: Tania, please, I have some observations: Romania is HR and on 17/10/2011 I had job verification (two officers from Belgrad came to my office and talked to me).

Hi Bpremji,

We're very much in the same boat as you having applied on 15 June 2011. We decided to just go ahead and book medicals, and have them next Friday! Bit of a 'follow my gut' thing, but I'm taking an optomistic approach - assuming they don't suddenly remove my occupation over the next few months or anything else stops cat 4 processing, then as someone else said, I think we might be looking at COs in December and I'm quite happy to have to be in Oz by October next year. Plus Nov and Dec are going to be hectic enough for us, so we'd rather get meds and PCCs done now to get them out of the equation!

I know a few people will think I'm a bit mad, but suppose all you have to do is look at all the 18 March email applicants who have meds done about 6 months ago, and most of them seem to have been dealt with, bar for a few who will hopefully get processed soon!

We have also had our medicals done and are now awaiting police checks from UK and Oz, we submitted our application 1st June, we are aware that we may have to do it all again but were willing to take the risk, my OH medicals were referred and he had to have further checks done so this took some time tooand were not finalised until the end of September.

Hoping that things carry on moving as they are now.....

Woohoo, got a call this morning from our agent - got direct grant! Really excited but also a bit scared, it all seems a bit real now.

Congratulations...:biggrin:

Morning All,

firstly congrats to those that have had their grants and CO's! Things are picking up!

Just need a bit of advice really, what happens if a couple get pregnant during the application process? (not done medicals yet). I think the issue would lie with not being able to do a xray and hence not being granted?! the reason i ask is that my partner and i are thinking of having a baby then moving to aus a few months after the birth. just wanted to see if this would be possible?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Good Luck All!

Morning All,

firstly congrats to those that have had their grants and CO's! Things are picking up!

Just need a bit of advice really, what happens if a couple get pregnant during the application process? (not done medicals yet). I think the issue would lie with not being able to do a xray and hence not being granted?! the reason i ask is that my partner and i are thinking of having a baby then moving to aus a few months after the birth. just wanted to see if this would be possible?

Good Luck All!

From reading on other forums, it depends how far gone the pregnancy is. If its not too far then some clinics will still perform the medicals while having a plate across the stomach area to protect the baby during the xray. Depends on the Panel Doctor you use. I would contact your doctor. My wife and I put off having our 3rd due to this reason.

Congratulations...:biggrin:

Morning All,

Good Luck All!

If you are (or your wife is) pregnant at the time of medicals and their is no xray taken then you may find that your medical will only be valid for 6 months so if front loading this may reduce your entry date.