New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi everybody,

I am a Cat4 applicant submited my application on 3/2/2011 and received the 18th march letter. I can see now that there are many applicants from the end of feb who have a CO, but me not. My application is supposed to be decision ready and i have submited police and medicals on April. Do I have to worry about? Did they forget me?

Waitingtogotooz congratulations all the others!

Hi everybody,

I am a Cat4 applicant submited my application on 3/2/2011 and received the 18th march letter. I can see now that there are many applicants from the end of feb who have a CO, but me not. My application is supposed to be decision ready and i have submited police and medicals on April. Do I have to worry about? Did they forget me?

I would not worry yet as if you look at the first page of this thread we still have a someone from December and February waiting, I would maybe think about sending a PLE to Diac or even calling them they would be able to give you some better information.

Tania

If your application is decision ready, I can see you have done meds and PCC then you might already have a CO and not know it?

As Tania says, a PLE might be the way forward for peace of mind.

Good Luck

Hi everybody,

I would not worry yet as if you look at the first page of this thread we still have a someone from December and February waiting, I would maybe think about sending a PLE to Diac or even calling them they would be able to give you some better information.

Tania

I have sent a message asking about how long it will take but the answer actually was "if you have not CO do not make any question"

"To obtain the current dates please use the following link; http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

If your enquiry relates to recent changes in General Skilled Migration please refer to the Departmental website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm

We request that you do not phone or use the on-line enquiry form to enquire about the status of applications which have not yet been allocated to a case officer."

I have sent a message asking about how long it will take but the answer actually was "if you have not CO do not make any question"

"To obtain the current dates please use the following link; http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

If your enquiry relates to recent changes in General Skilled Migration please refer to the Departmental website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm

We request that you do not phone or use the on-line enquiry form to enquire about the status of applications which have not yet been allocated to a case officer."

Post-Lodgement Enquiry This is the link

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Thanks hmsmark. I am a 175 applicant. I think going by your logic, I will wait until I see that they started July 2011 for my medicals and police clearance.

I also see a lot of people talking about the CO requesting further information about employment, qualification etc... that is exactly what we assess by paying these assessing authorities like ACS, EA etc, right?

You would think so, but basically they are validating that you are entitled to the points you claim. For instance, let's say someone had a medical degree, and got properly assessed as a physician. Let's say that person also worked at a hospital. However, for some reason this person with a medical degree was a janitor at the hospital for three years and doesn't have the points to pass the test. He submits his pay stubs, which might not list his position, as proof of work experience.

Now, I know that's not likely to be the case, but there may be situations like that where they want to make sure you're entitled to the points you're claiming. Many people haven't been asked for work verification, but it happens.

Guest Lori2011
OMG

Tania turn me pink please.

my agent just rang me, we have a CO yay.

have 28 days to submit police checks and medicals

Yeiiiii!!! Congrats!!!!

Guest AndyH78

jayzlet, Congrats

Very interesting from my point of view, that I'm also a British Accountant, not front loaded, same as yourself I think.

I'm March though and not heard anything yet.

I'm not complaining, as its far faster than I ever expected, just wondering why they would leapfrog someone of similar circumstances?

Do you mind me asking what kind of Accountant you are, and what your family situation is?

I'm 33, married to 30 year old, with two young girls, aged 3 and 1 currently. ACCA qualified, working in Industry.

Thanks in advance, and feel free to ignore me if you think I'm being intrusive.....

Guest JohnAnton
jayzlet, Congrats

Very interesting from my point of view, that I'm also a British Accountant, not front loaded, same as yourself I think.

I'm March though and not heard anything yet.

I'm not complaining, as its far faster than I ever expected, just wondering why they would leapfrog someone of similar circumstances?

Do you mind me asking what kind of Accountant you are, and what your family situation is?

I'm 33, married to 30 year old, with two young girls, aged 3 and 1 currently. ACCA qualified, working in Industry.

Thanks in advance, and feel free to ignore me if you think I'm being intrusive.....

Im also an accountant who applied march 09, 2011.

people say that different CO's work at varying speeds.

OMG!!!! Had an e-mail from my CO this morning! I'm an April applicant! Sooooo happy :-) time for meds and police checks!!!

x

Wow thats amazing, and congrats, Im very very jealous now as you are after me!!

Do you mind me asking what team you've been allocated too?

congratulations! It's great to see them start April by now

so far I seem to be only feb11 applicant left without a CO :cry:

Don't worry:hug:They always seem to process 3/4 months alongside each other, i guess it's the way they batch them, but still, it's exciting waiting for news:hug:

Guest AndyH78

Thanks for your message JayZ, just a matter of waiting now.

Suppose I should mention it to my boss? Are they likely to contact him as I've applied for specific work experience points?