New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

This is the reply from my agent

Applications can take between 2-3 months to be finalised once medicals are

completed depending on which case officer you get.

And I pay this guy money for this heart felt reply. he wasn't this blunt untill he took my money.

Guest waitingtogotooz

And I pay this guy money for this heart felt reply. he wasn't this blunt untill he took my money.

Typical! All agents seem to be the same, it's so you can't go back to them and say they were wrong if it goes past an amount of time they give you :wacko:

I was told a while ago it's approximately 8 weeks to be processed after meds received

Best of luck

You are very nearly there :biggrin::wub::rolleyes::hug:

Hiya,

I had a real bee in my bonnet about this whole thing!!!

I too used an agent, and felt that there was no real rush at all on my visa. I got totally fed up, and did the worst thing, I contacted the CO. Much to the agents disgust.

I had kept asking if he had e.mailed the CO to say all my docs were uploaded, and he would not commit to saying he had, and was informed by an operator,- opps I also rang once too- forgot that, that my agent had not e.mailed the CO to say about docs being uploaded, and this was probably why we were still waiting.

I e.mailed the CO twice, the last time to say everything he asked for was there, and within an hour we had the visa.

Hard to explain to the agents how much the visa grant means to the individuals I feel,

Donna x

Hello,

This are my details, I have this message from 07/10/2011 "application being processed further". Does this mean that I have a CO already assigned?

By the way I got the famous (infamous) 18th-March email.

Name: Julio69x

Date of Visa application:31/01/2011

Nationality: Colombian

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: Production Engineer/Plant Engineer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Off

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: 07/10/2011 ???

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Hello there

Our status changed to 'application being processed further' and then a fe days later it said 'an email has been sent to you' but we needed police checks and medicals done. You have had yours so you might find you may just get a direct grant! :jiggy:

Hiya,

I had a real bee in my bonnet about this whole thing!!!

I too used an agent, and felt that there was no real rush at all on my visa. I got totally fed up, and did the worst thing, I contacted the CO. Much to the agents disgust.

I had kept asking if he had e.mailed the CO to say all my docs were uploaded, and he would not commit to saying he had, and was informed by an operator,- opps I also rang once too- forgot that, that my agent had not e.mailed the CO to say about docs being uploaded, and this was probably why we were still waiting.

I e.mailed the CO twice, the last time to say everything he asked for was there, and within an hour we had the visa.

Hard to explain to the agents how much the visa grant means to the individuals I feel,

Donna x

Umm Sounds like my agent this I smell a rat.................................:GEEK:just as I thought.

Bingo, snap. :eek: No I've not gone mad, just found someone else using the same agent.:shocked:

Now normally my visa should follow the road ahead....... but hold on I've just put the indicator on and yes im taking a right turn (clive).:chatterbox:

If you can decode the riddle above you will know what I am about to do:unsure::wideeyed:

Umm Guess who has just phoned visa processing Sorry Mr Agent not sure if I could trust you.

A Very nice guy said, that the note on my file said, that the case officer is due to review it on 30th of this month (which is a Sunday maybe they are doing overtime to process us all)

All requested docs have been uploaded still unsure though if they are sufficient, and wont know till the 30th so sorry but your all stuck with me for a bit longer. Looks like a November visa for me fingers crossed, Please.

My OCD took over and wanted to tie up the loose ends:embarrassed:

so no more checking for me now untill the 1st November, i will have been at my current job for 4 years on the 5th so that would be funny:goofy:.

great to hear that DIAC might be processing even March 2011 applications for GSM 175!

I applied in August 2011. I am in aus now, and my family is in my home country. when do you guys think would be a good time to do the PCC and medicals?

i have currently applied for my passport renewal, and am awaiting the new one to arrive in 4 weeks...

the process would be to first update the DIAC about the change in circumstances and then apply for the AFP, PCC and medicals, right?

sorry, i get all these doubts coz i am doing it alone, without engaging an agent....

cheers

ind175

Hi All,

i got CO on 26-09-2011 and all the documents were on "Met" status except few documents. My CO requested following documents

evidence of overseas qualification, Form 80, Police report and Family tree diagram.

my agent sent all requested documents withing one day. i checked online status on yesterday. All requested document's status have changed to "Met" except evidence of overseas qualification. It is still remain as "requested".............

why has not it(evidence of overseas qualification) updated as yet?. is something wrong with that documents?

i need your ideas............. Please

thanks

samk6:idea:

great to hear that DIAC might be processing even March 2011 applications for GSM 175!

I applied in August 2011. I am in aus now, and my family is in my home country. when do you guys think would be a good time to do the PCC and medicals?

i have currently applied for my passport renewal, and am awaiting the new one to arrive in 4 weeks...

the process would be to first update the DIAC about the change in circumstances and then apply for the AFP, PCC and medicals, right?

sorry, i get all these doubts coz i am doing it alone, without engaging an agent....

cheers

ind175

I'm a July 2011 applicant, out of country. Are you a type 175 or an 885? If you're an 885, they're already up to 30 May 2011. In-country applicants seem to be staying about 5-6 months ahead of out-of-country on CO allocation. If you're a type 175, then you'll probably want to wait until they're a month or two away from August.

June was a very "fat" month for applications since a lot of people tried to get in under the old points system. Basically, when I see they're allocating June 2011 applicants, I'll schedule meds. Technically, you take a risk until they're requested, but I feel comfortable making the move at that time. I'll have to travel a few hundred miles to get them done, so I'll need some time to plan for that trip. I live in the US, and those checks from the FBI takes two to three months, so I'm probably looking at ordering Police checks in a month or two. I'm looking to make the move fairly soon after I get my grant, so I'm not too worried about them expiring.

I'm a July 2011 applicant, out of country. Are you a type 175 or an 885? If you're an 885, they're already up to 30 May 2011. In-country applicants seem to be staying about 5-6 months ahead of out-of-country on CO allocation. If you're a type 175, then you'll probably want to wait until they're a month or two away from August.

June was a very "fat" month for applications since a lot of people tried to get in under the old points system. Basically, when I see they're allocating June 2011 applicants, I'll schedule meds. Technically, you take a risk until they're requested, but I feel comfortable making the move at that time. I'll have to travel a few hundred miles to get them done, so I'll need some time to plan for that trip. I live in the US, and those checks from the FBI takes two to three months, so I'm probably looking at ordering Police checks in a month or two. I'm looking to make the move fairly soon after I get my grant, so I'm not too worried about them expiring.

Thanks hmsmark. I am a 175 applicant. I think going by your logic, I will wait until I see that they started July 2011 for my medicals and police clearance.

I also see a lot of people talking about the CO requesting further information about employment, qualification etc... that is exactly what we assess by paying these assessing authorities like ACS, EA etc, right?

Nice man your agent, I got a email of my agent and he said,

Medicals can take a couple of weeks to be processed in Australia. so it will probably be at least that and then we get the result.

Hope this helps, also I was looking at the front page from those that sent in medicals to visa grant, 1 got theirs in a weeks and others 2 to 4 weeks so hopefully not long now.:biggrin:

Just looked at your other comment, at least you can relax for a while and you never know he may get to look at it sooner and what a surprise that could be!! not long now.

Tania

Thanks hmsmark. I am a 175 applicant. I think going by your logic, I will wait until I see that they started July 2011 for my medicals and police clearance.

I also see a lot of people talking about the CO requesting further information about employment, qualification etc... that is exactly what we assess by paying these assessing authorities like ACS, EA etc, right?

Exactly...... what is the point of the ££££££ spent on Skills assess when they want more & more proof:rolleyes:

Umm Sounds like my agent this I smell a rat.................................:GEEK:just as I thought.

Bingo, snap. :eek: No I've not gone mad, just found someone else using the same agent.:shocked:

Now normally my visa should follow the road ahead....... but hold on I've just put the indicator on and yes im taking a right turn (clive).:chatterbox:

If you can decode the riddle above you will know what I am about to do:unsure::wideeyed:

Umm Guess who has just phoned visa processing Sorry Mr Agent not sure if I could trust you.

A Very nice guy said, that the note on my file said, that the case officer is due to review it on 30th of this month (which is a Sunday maybe they are doing overtime to process us all)

All requested docs have been uploaded still unsure though if they are sufficient, and wont know till the 30th so sorry but your all stuck with me for a bit longer. Looks like a November visa for me fingers crossed, Please.

My OCD took over and wanted to tie up the loose ends:embarrassed:

so no more checking for me now untill the 1st November, i will have been at my current job for 4 years on the 5th so that would be funny:goofy:.

I dont blame you for ringing them direct, at least you know where you are now (sort of!:wacko:).

Mandy x

Anlopa, are you in doubt you will get a grant?

Reason I'm asking is that, in the end, a couple of weeks don't make difference. (don't hit me!) . My hubby keeps trying to convince me of that: we plan to move either in May or August 2012, and only if we sell the house in time. So there is no reason to stress now, waiting for a CO. I mean, if it doesn't happen today, it is more than likely we will have a CO before May 2012! Than why am I/are we going :arghh: all the time??

Thanks everyone for your replies as always your support is outstanding. You expect a level of service when you instruct a professional and when this falls below what you expect you do start to question it. I am quite happy to wait for my CO to do his job correctly and take time in processing the visa what I don’t like is the weak link in the chain that he is causing, unnecessary heart ache and worry. I hate incompetence and to make the matter worse I have paid for the privilege of this.

When you have been in the visa system for so long you hold on to any hope of the future that you and family have hoped for, for so long and if this means making sure everyone is doing their job correctly then that is what I will do. Don’t forget some of us have had CO’s done medicals and police checks before only to have processing stopped and put on hold. So excuse me for my Worry, I will rest once the visa is granted.

Sorry for my Ranting the past couple of weeks I’m gonna go quite now and take a break. Good Luck All.:hug::hug:

.. You expect a level of service when you instruct a professional and when this falls below what you expect you do start to question it. .... Don’t forget some of us have had CO’s done medicals and police checks before only to have processing stopped and put on hold. So excuse me for my Worry, I will rest once the visa is granted.

Sorry for my Ranting the past couple of weeks I’m gonna go quite now and take a break. Good Luck All.:hug::hug:

You have every right to rant and worry, I didn't mean to say otherwise. And especially here! I was just trying to help... I'm sorry if I made you feel worse :-(

You are of course right with your agent. They should realize it is not just a new coat or a theater ticket you are buying, you are paying them to help you start a new life. That means they should help and be professional in how they do so.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Guest waitingtogotooz

OMG

Tania turn me pink please.

my agent just rang me, we have a CO yay.

have 28 days to submit police checks and medicals

Thanks everyone for your replies as always your support is outstanding. You expect a level of service when you instruct a professional and when this falls below what you expect you do start to question it. I am quite happy to wait for my CO to do his job correctly and take time in processing the visa what I don’t like is the weak link in the chain that he is causing, unnecessary heart ache and worry. I hate incompetence and to make the matter worse I have paid for the privilege of this.

When you have been in the visa system for so long you hold on to any hope of the future that you and family have hoped for, for so long and if this means making sure everyone is doing their job correctly then that is what I will do. Don’t forget some of us have had CO’s done medicals and police checks before only to have processing stopped and put on hold. So excuse me for my Worry, I will rest once the visa is granted.

You rightly say you paid for this service complain against him is he MARA registered it is not fair the way you have been treated personally if you are one step away from a CO then I would sack him and take over the relm of your application

OMG

Tania turn me pink please.

my agent just rang me, we have a CO yay.

have 28 days to submit police checks and medicals

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I have turned you pink

Name: waitingtogotooz Paula Hadaway (Applicant Paul Hammond)

Date of Visa application: 18.02.2011

Nationality:British

High/Low Risk:LR

Trade/profession:Carpenter

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Post-14th July Category:4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:12/10/11

Date visa granted:

I totally understand how you feel until that golden tickect is in your hand you can not take anything for granted, you will get your visa grant and when you do you then can celebrate and relax, try think positive and try not to worry.

Tania

Guest julio69x
Hello there

Our status changed to 'application being processed further' and then a fe days later it said 'an email has been sent to you' but we needed police checks and medicals done. You have had yours so you might find you may just get a direct grant! :jiggy:

Hi... So far so good,

VISA GRANTED 12/10/2011

That was so fast, yet so sweet. Yesterday just talking to my partner about the fact that maybe we would be waiting 4 months more for this because the high risk country and so on... and out of the blue the visa is just granted. I feel so happy, :) I do not have words to express my real feelings!

Hi... So far so good,

VISA GRANTED 12/10/2011

That was so fast, yet so sweet. Yesterday just talking to my partner about the fact that maybe we would be waiting 4 months more for this because the high risk country and so on... and out of the blue the visa is just granted. I feel so happy, :) I do not have words to express my real feelings!

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I have now turned you purple

Name: Julio69x

Date of Visa application:31/01/2011

Nationality: Colombian

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: Production Engineer/Plant Engineer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Off

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: 07/10/2011 ???

Date visa granted:12/10/11

Hi... So far so good,

VISA GRANTED 12/10/2011

congrats!!!:wubclub: