New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi Mandy after reading your post i emailed our CO as we applied in 2008 my first child was 9 second 12. We have just recently moved from cat 5 to cat 3. He has told me we have to go by the age they are now so i recon it depends on what CO you get, or we have been in the sytem to long lol. Shame thought i could of saved some money there x

Hi, I agree with Tania, if I were you I would definitely query it again with your CO . (Not sure if you have an agent or not, but I dont). I know you dont want to upset the CO, but the email that I quoted came direct from the HOC at Sydney. - maybe you could say you have a friend who applied around the same time thats queried it direct with the HOC? They can't have one rule for one & a different rule for others. They're probably not used to dealing with people who applied so long ago so maybe not all COs are up to date with this info.

Hope you get it sorted, Mandy x

Guest waitingtogotooz
This was the last conversation I had with pimb I don't know whats going on with Siri I haven't heard anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimb

Hi

I'm still around... <sorry> have just got a bit lost in whole process, has all got a bit confusing. I see people getting CO after Nov 2009 and not sure why?

What do you make of it? Should i be pushing to find out why my brother has not received a CO as yet? He has an agent dealing with it, and the last i heard from his agent was that he ( my brother) "should get a visa" (all going well) before the end of the year...so just been riding on that hope....

Welcome back, Yes I would get your brother to ask his agent to send a PLE on his behalf, it could be that he has one but no ready to make contact as they are checking other things, I didn't hear from my CO until I was asked to do medicals.

Tania

Thanks

Do we know his brothers timeline?

Guest sun lovers
I would ask your agent to confirm this with a case officer.

We r doing it ourselfs, we decided not to don't want to rub him up the wrong way!! waited so long now i don't care about paying the extra. :biggrin:

Guest sun lovers
Hi, I agree with Tania, if I were you I would definitely query it again with your CO . (Not sure if you have an agent or not, but I dont). I know you dont want to upset the CO, but the email that I quoted came direct from the HOC at Sydney. - maybe you could say you have a friend who applied around the same time thats queried it direct with the HOC? They can't have one rule for one & a different rule for others. They're probably not used to dealing with people who applied so long ago so maybe not all COs are up to date with this info.

Hope you get it sorted, Mandy x

Thanks Mandy they have the power so decided not to challenge it, he might take a dislike to us, and after waiting so long don't won't nothing to go wrong x

Guest sun lovers
Ok, I can understand why, frustrating though isnt it? When & where are your meds? Good luck! Mandy x

Going to maidenhead thanks to your posts about it was the cheapest, you should be on commission!! going next thurs. give me a week to diet loose a few pounds lol x

Guest sun lovers
sun lovers, you'll have to let me know how it goes then cos we're there the following Monday! Not looking forward to it at all, I'm a right wimp when it comes to blood tests!

will do x

sun lovers, you'll have to let me know how it goes then cos we're there the following Monday! Not looking forward to it at all, I'm a right wimp when it comes to blood tests!

Just had a thought as my son was 10 when we lodged and I have had confirmation that our son does not need X- ray so does this also mean we pay the children under 11 fee £65 instead of £120.

All aged 11 years and over £120.00

Children younger than 11 £65.00

Chest x-ray £90.00

Tania, thats what I thought but I've just looked at the Maidenhead pricing again & its worded slightly different I think to the pricing list that you've been given - although it states the ages, it also says underneath that it either includes full medical & chest xray or full medical only, so I presume that we're only paying the lower price as its full medical only.

http://www.bridge-clinic.com/immigrtn-pricing.htm

Mandy x

Tania, thats what I thought but I've just looked at the Maidenhead pricing again & its worded slightly different I think to the pricing list that you've been given - although it states the ages, it also says underneath that it either includes full medical & chest xray or full medical only, so I presume that we're only paying the lower price as its full medical only.

http://www.bridge-clinic.com/immigrtn-pricing.htm

Mandy x

Hi Mandy looking at that as you don't need X-ray I would say £85. as they do not quote a price just for medicals this I find strange.

Tania

Forgot to mention that we got our police checks back yesterday:policeman: All clear and have colour scanned them in for the agent.

So now we are just waiting for our meds in Manchester on 18th!!!!

Another upstanding citizen congrats, I'm all done now just waiting for my lovely case officer to say yay or nay

Hi All, I have everything MET since 23rd Sep including Medicals and Police Checks except AFP which I send off Aug 24th- I email them yesterday and they confirmed all complete and sent to my agent on the 7th Sep - it only has to get from Canberra to Perth?! But is has not yet arrived so Agent cannot sent to CO...............urgh! I know its the last thing and we should be set to go but I am worried if lost in the post - I will have to do AFP again ?!

Anyways good luck to all - hope Cat 4 is still moving .

All the best Jodie.x

.. know its the last thing and we should be set to go but I am worried if lost in the post - I will have to do AFP again ?!

Anyways good luck to all - hope Cat 4 is still moving .

That's just it, we're all doing our best to follow the rules as best as we can, but you don't control the mail, it's just horrible that there are so many things that can go wrong and you can do nothing about it.

And no, I don't think Cat4 is moving at the moment. It will, in a couple of weeks, I believe. But it's pretty slow at the moment.

Guest waitingtogotooz
We put our house on the market over 2 years ago when we first decided we wanted to emigrate. We have out grown our house, 3 storey town house does not suit 3 samll children, and we were of the opinion even if moving to Oz did not come off then we were happy to move house.

2 years on and now on to our 3rd estate agent and we still haven't sold! Admittedly we have only just changed to our current estate agent this week and the second estate agent was a purely internet estate agency that boasted selling houses within 1 to 2 months, needless to say they did not generate the interest we expected! In 2 years i think we have had only 3 viewings and i'm sure they were all in 2010!

We really need the funds from the house sale to finance some of the move to Oz and i don't like the idea of renting our property out whilst we move to Oz, even though it does provide the comfort blanket of having a place to move back to should we not settle in Oz.

I think the housing market is very slow at the minute and i don't think dropping the asking price has much of an impact in the current climate. i think people just need to be patient and wait for someone who can afford a new mortgage to come along.

How is your house sale coming along??

any luck with your sale?

we are having the estate agents coming on sat to give us an estimate and put the house up for sale

Guest waitingtogotooz

And no, I don't think Cat4 is moving at the moment. It will, in a couple of weeks, I believe. But it's pretty slow at the moment.

I agree with you. I keep going to email my agent to ask for an update but kinda know what the response will be so am holding back until the next DIAC update.

Im checking online every night and still it says processing commenced so am trying to take it as it comes.

House is going up for sale on Sat hopefully so will concentrate on that for the time being.

I do feel like i checking my emails to see if anyone has posted like every 10 minutes in the hope that there is news from someone lol.

going :goofy:

Another upstanding citizen congrats, I'm all done now just waiting for my lovely case officer to say yay or nay

Thank you.

Did you get sorted with all of your old work documents that they wanted you to produce?

Fingers crossed all the way for you now for your golden ticket!!!

:wink:

Thank you.

Did you get sorted with all of your old work documents that they wanted you to produce?

Fingers crossed all the way for you now for your golden ticket!!!

:wink:

We sent off what I could find, a couple of payslips a p40 and I managed to get an exemployee to write a letter, just hope its enough. I haven't herd anything back so fingers crossed.