New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi Tania.

I met my agent today. He told that i have got a CO. But he told that they haven't received any email as yet, even though DIAC have mentioned in the online status that they have sent a email to my agent, My agent sent an inquiry regarding this matter to the DIAC. Hope they will response very soon.

:confused:

Thanks

samk6

Guest Vzdrul Sharikoff

Guys, can anyone explain to me what they mean with their notice about SMP? As fas as I understand they mean that some occupations have been removed from Categories 5 or 4 to 3 ? It goes if you're the Category 4 now, and your occupation has moved to Cat 3, so your application will be processed faster??? And where can I see which occupations have been moved and what states/territories initiated it?

Quote from the update page

"Important Information:

New State Migration Plans (SMPs) for some states and territories have been released. Details are available on the relevant state or territory websites.

Due to the implementation of these new SMPs, some existing GSM applications are eligible for Priority Group 3 processing. GSM is currently re-categorising these applications to ensure they are prioritised correctly and affected applicants do not need to contact GSM processing centres regarding this.

As a result this of re-categorising the allocation of Priority Group 4 applications has been reduced for this update period."

Not sure how what this could mean to our application. Being a registered nurse and having applied for Family sponsored 176 29-06-2011. Could this mean that they could re-categorise our application? Or would this only effect Cat 4 & 5's that applied prior to July 1st 2010 (see below statement from migration help web page)

"The State Government released a new Western Australian skilled migration occupation list (WASMOL) on the 19 September 2011.

The new list includes an additional 56 occupations bringing the number of occupations identified as being in demand in WA to over 180.

Would-be applicants with suitable experience in occupations listed on WA’s new SMP, as well as existing applicants for permanent residency that were lodged prior to 1st July 2010, have the option of applying to WA for sponsorship."??:confused:

Guys, can anyone explain to me what they mean with their notice about SMP? As fas as I understand they mean that some occupations have been removed from Categories 5 or 4 to 3 ? It goes if you're the Category 4 now, and your occupation has moved to Cat 3, so your application will be processed faster??? And where can I see which occupations have been moved and what states/territories initiated it?

You would need to go on to each individual goverment state migration plan to see the new lists.

If you initially applied for a State Sponsored visa and your occupation was removed after, and now showing to be nominated again you will be in Cat 3. And should receive case officer if a couple of couple of weeks.

I know WA & SA have updated their plans in last few weeks.

Guest Vzdrul Sharikoff
You would need to go on to each individual goverment state migration plan to see the new lists.

If you initially applied for a State Sponsored visa and your occupation was removed after, and now showing to be nominated again you will be in Cat 3. And should receive case officer if a couple of couple of weeks.

I know WA & SA have updated their plans in last few weeks.

Concluding your opinion, DIAC's speed won't be affected to much as there are not so many applicants who had claimed for sponsorship (then they were moved to Cat 5), and these applicants will be processed within a month, I hope. BTW the majority of people lodge 175 visa but not the sponsored one. And the processing of March applicants is likely to start in around 3 weeks. Am I right?:biggrin:

Concluding your opinion, DIAC's speed won't be affected to much as there are not so many applicants who had claimed for sponsorship (then they were moved to Cat 5), and these applicants will be processed within a month, I hope. BTW the majority of people lodge 175 visa but not the sponsored one. And the processing of March applicants is likely to start in around 3 weeks. Am I right?:biggrin:

There was actually quite a few who were we were moved to Cat 5 and we are 2008 applicants no sign of a case officer and we are in Cat 3 now ... looking at another 4-6 week wait we reckon so you can never tell with DIAC how they are going to play it. there are quite a few Cat 5's on here who have moved up and if it is true that 56 more occupations have gone back on it would be silly to think no 175's had applied for it also bare in mind all the cat 5 175's prior to july 2010 can apply to the states and that will bump them up above cat 4's.

There was actually quite a few who were we were moved to Cat 5 and we are 2008 applicants no sign of a case officer and we are in Cat 3 now ... looking at another 4-6 week wait we reckon so you can never tell with DIAC how they are going to play it. there are quite a few Cat 5's on here who have moved up and if it is true that 56 more occupations have gone back on it would be silly to think no 175's had applied for it also bare in mind all the cat 5 175's prior to july 2010 can apply to the states and that will bump them up above cat 4's.

And as mentioned before (YAWN), there are still only 24k SS visa's available and only applicants that applied prior to July 2010 can now add SS to their application which by the time they have filled for SS and applied to DIAC, a period of about 6 weeks would have past in which time DIAC would have probably got to March/April applicants.

Applicants who had SS prior to going down to Cat 5 have probably been ring fenced and today's update details this in the fact they have only moved 10 days, so hopefully this is only a small delay to all the CAT4's on this forum who are looking for hope and not having this hope dashed by CAT5 applicants who have moved to CAT3 and are now rubbing it in!

Good Luck to All Cat 4's on here, our time will come soon enough!

And as mentioned before (YAWN), there are still only 24k SS visa's available and only applicants that applied prior to July 2010 can now add SS to their application which by the time they have filled for SS and applied to DIAC, a period of about 6 weeks would have past in which time DIAC would have probably got to March/April applicants.

Applicants who had SS prior to going down to Cat 5 have probably been ring fenced and today's update details this in the fact they have only moved 10 days, so hopefully this is only a small delay to all the CAT4's on this forum who are looking for hope and not having this hope dashed by CAT5 applicants who have moved to CAT3 and are now rubbing it in!

Thanks a lot for your optimistic words.

:notworthy::notworthy::jiggy::notworthy:

Guest waitingtogotooz

We have to try and remain positive.

At least there has been movement and it is not at a standstill.

Bring on the next update lol.

PS - Im a bit confused that they are allocated CO's to Jan/Feb applicants and the update still only says Dec. And some people in Jan/Feb are being allocated CO's yet applicants in Nov/Dec etc are still waiting. :rolleyes::confused:

Guest Vzdrul Sharikoff

Hi, DCAL. Tell me please where did you get info, that it will take DIAC 6 weeks to reach April/March applicants (say, Novemeber 10)? Is it your supposition or its authentic info?

DCAL, do not suggest I am rubbing it in I find it offensive for you to even make that remark. I am merely stating that there are 2007/8/9/10 applicants.

We have had every hurdle thrown in front of us since Oct 2008 every change DIAC have made has affected us probs more then you .. I am merely pointing out my opinion like you do .. however I do not like to assume that I knwo how many spaces are I am speculating that could be the case I am not rubbing anything in however it would be fantastic if DIAC processed them all in lodgement order however they do not.

Just a quick note. We got our visa. I am happy but can't stop crying, it is a lot of things to sort out now!!!

Congratulations:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Name: Scully81

Date of Visa application: 31 January 2011

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Motor mechanic

Visa type: 175 skilled

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): n/a

Post-14th July Category: Catergory 3 now 4

Medicals submitted: April 2011 after receiving 18 march email

Police check submitted: same as above

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:26/09/11

Tania

Hi Tania.

I met my agent today. He told that i have got a CO. But he told that they haven't received any email as yet, even though DIAC have mentioned in the online status that they have sent a email to my agent, My agent sent an inquiry regarding this matter to the DIAC. Hope they will response very soon.

:confused:

Thanks

samk6

Congratultions :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I have turned you pink

Name: Samk6

Date of Visa application: February 2011

Nationality: SL

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Visa type: 475 Family Sponsor

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): n/a

Post-14th July Category: Catergory 3 now 4

Medicals submitted: April 2011 after receiving 18 march email

Police check submitted: same as above

Medical Finalized: May 2011

Date CO assigned:26/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Tania

Btw, the reason I say this is because on other forums people are applying for SS and getting it within a week.

DCAL, do not suggest I am rubbing it in I find it offensive for you to even make that remark. I am merely stating that there are 2007/8/9/10 applicants.

We have had every hurdle thrown in front of us since Oct 2008 every change DIAC have made has affected us probs more then you .. I am merely pointing out my opinion like you do .. however I do not like to assume that I knwo how many spaces are I am speculating that could be the case I am not rubbing anything in however it would be fantastic if DIAC processed them all in lodgement order however they do not.

1st July they put 13 occupations back on the sol so this is for the whole of Australia it took them around 8/9 weeks to get through these old applicants, we have had 2 states releasing their SMP so far I don't think it will take them long to get through these as each state has a quota and not every one will want to apply to that state,

I think from my experience of watching when all the first ever SMP were released for the 7 states it did not take them long at all to get through these, we can only know what is going on or even guess if their was a thread for the SMP cat 3.

Thanks Tania

:biglaugh: Nice :biglaugh::biglaugh:

We have to try and remain positive.

At least there has been movement and it is not at a standstill.

Bring on the next update lol.

PS - Im a bit confused that they are allocated CO's to Jan/Feb applicants and the update still only says Dec. And some people in Jan/Feb are being allocated CO's yet applicants in Nov/Dec etc are still waiting. :rolleyes::confused:

i think this has something to do with which team are application gets assigned to, some teams are working faster than others. Also, it is dependant on if your from a High Risk country.

For these reasons I dont take too much notice of these DIAC fortnightly updates, as you say and the spreadsheet proves, although the update said 10th December, they are working on Feb applications...

Hi, DCAL. Tell me please where did you get info, that it would take DIAC 6 weeks to reach April/March applicants (say, Novemeber 10)? Is it your supposition or its authentic info?

My Crystal Ball told me.... or was the tea leafs in my tea cup........sorry cant remember :wink:

Only joking.........its all about predicting. If anyone tells you they have inside knowledge, their probably lying or its a rumor that's grown like the Kentucky Fried Mouse story (Google that one if you dont know what I mean).

DIAC are probably on par with Apple iPhone launches when it comes getting peoples hopes up and rumors spreading. The best advice is when they actually come out and say or you see actual proof (EG: someone gets a CO from that month) then that's what to believe.

The predictions I gave are exactly that, a prediction. We know they are doing 'some' February' applicants now (the hardest issue is understanding if these applicants received the famous 18th March email as these throw things out - I would ask anyone who is 18th March Applicant and the spreadsheet doesn't state this to let Bpremji or me know so we can update the sheet so it gives a true reading) so the only way to predict is to go on past history. Add in some math around number of teams, number of limiting visa's for that particuar category........and your still miles off :wacko:!!

Current processing suggests they will hit April/May by December.

Does anyone know if DIAC shuts down for Chrimbo? If so for how long and from when until when?

Does anyone know if DIAC shuts down for Chrimbo? If so for how long and from when until when?

I dont know if they shut for christmas, but since its the summer holidays at that time of year and the schools are out for 6 weeks and with public holidays for christmas and new year - I would reckon that the processing will slow down as there would be CO off on holidays and offices closed for some of the days. Thats just my opinion, but you know what its like at christmas time & summer holidays in offices, always alot less people.

Hopefully they will get to Apr/May by Xmas with the the statement that they made this morning on the CO allocation site, it seems to me that CO who were working on the cat 4 have now moved to processing the old applications that have now become cat 3.

Guest Vzdrul Sharikoff
My Crystal Ball told me.... or was the tea leafs in my tea cup........sorry cant remember :wink:

Only joking.........its all about predicting. If anyone tells you they have inside knowledge, their probably lying or its a rumor that's grown like the Kentucky Fried Mouse story (Google that one if you dont know what I mean).

DIAC are probably on par with Apple iPhone launches when it comes getting peoples hopes up and rumors spreading. The best advice is when they actually come out and say or you see actual proof (EG: someone gets a CO from that month) then that's what to believe.

The predictions I gave are exactly that, a prediction. We know they are doing 'some' February' applicants now (the hardest issue is understanding if these applicants received the famous 18th March email as these throw things out - I would ask anyone who is 18th March Applicant and the spreadsheet doesn't state this to let Bpremji or me know so we can update the sheet so it gives a true reading) so the only way to predict is to go on past history. Add in some math around number of teams, number of limiting visa's for that particuar category........and your still miles off :wacko:!!

Thanks mate, for sharing yourideas. I am afraid of DIAC's slowing down the process for applicants lodged after 10-15 March, as they'll be engaged in clearing the new-'old'-comers in Category 3. BTW, I do really support all those who were removed to Category 3 and cordially wish them to get the Grant within the forthcoming 2 months, as I cannot imagine how much patience one must have to wait for such a long time. But at the same time, I wish DIAC didn't forget about others, who lodged at the end of March etc :biggrin:

Question : If your skills are on the latest WA smp list and you are a cat 4 176 Family sponsored (Cat 4) could this mean being re-categorised to cat 3 or does the re-categorisation potential only apply to old cat 4's & 5's pre July-10.

Can somebody clarify?

Tanks:err:

Hi Jambo,

I think you have to be sponsored by the state and not a family member.

I think that is right but somebody wil know.

Chris

you are definitely right

Jambo,

Are you pre July 2010?

If so could you not apply to WA for sponsorship but going by this Forum I do not think there is more then 3/4 months between Cat 3 & Cat 4's

So might be ok to wait but obviously that is your call!

Chris¬¬

Hi Chris

Post July 2010 (Visa applied for 29-06-2011)