New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi Jambos,

still nothing! :cry: not a single word from our CO. Last thing was that our agent called them and they said that they are still checking our documents (that was almost three months ago).. I'm not coming here as often as I used to, there's no point since I have nothing new to say.

How about you? any news?

Hi

Just wondered if you are still waiting Bloomberg!! haven't forgotton about you still check this thread. So whats the latest??? :daydreaming:

Just thought I'd update our progress. Seeing as how quick things seemed to be moving, and a months holiday in France looming (now back) we took the risk early July to frontload medicals and PCCs. 13 August status changed to ABPF, and all but one docs changed to "Met". As expected further meds required for one dependant. Wondering if I will get a CO contacting us for anything else. Good luck to all

Guest wallen

That’s great Maritasha.

We got our visa granted yesterday!!! So relieved. Had front loaded out Meds and PCC so was the first we heard from the CO. Still lots of work to do to finding job etc. but can start saying “when going to Oz” instead of “if I go” Its scary

Thanks for the advice you all gave on the forum and best of luck to all of you still waiting.

Guest jaycris

Anybody had a problem with their Singapore Police clearance here?

My CO still hasn't received mine despite Australia Post saying it was already received more than 2 weeks ago...

Could it take that long from the mail room to the CO's desk? I am worried!! I thought I was just waiting for the medicals to finalise!

Hi

Well I know that by grace of God most of u are doing fine as I visit the fourm regularly but still best wishes for all. I was thinking if anyone here has experience of or information on applying for a student visa after applying for PR? Does it effects the PR in any way? I was thinking of doing an MS from Australia rather than sitting here and wait which I thought will give me an edege in job search.

regards

Hi guys,

I havent been on this thread for a couple of months. Just returning to let u guys know i just got my 175 visa, so u can go ahead and turn me purple. I applied march 17th. It took me this long because i had to get police cleareances from 4 different countries, which was quite a hassle. None the less, all the hard work is over. So to all the rest of you guys still going through the process, just hang in there, the time really does fly.

Guest doniedsilva

Hello,

I am in a fix. We got an email from our CO to submit meds and PCC on the 1st of August. I need to provide the Japanese PCC as well which could take upto 3 months. The Japanese consulate does not provide any receipt or acknowledgement for PCC application. Looks like I will not meet the 28 day deadline [of submitting documents] as it is in 2 days.

I am really worried that my application will get cancelled. Can someone tell me what happens if I do not furnish the proof of having applied for PCC or the PCC itself within 28 days?

Hello,

I am in a fix. We got an email from our CO to submit meds and PCC on the 1st of August. I need to provide the Japanese PCC as well which could take upto 3 months. The Japanese consulate does not provide any receipt or acknowledgement for PCC application. Looks like I will not meet the 28 day deadline [of submitting documents] as it is in 2 days.

I am really worried that my application will get cancelled. Can someone tell me what happens if I do not furnish the proof of having applied for PCC or the PCC itself within 28 days?

Have you explained your situation to the CO? I'm sure that if its out of your control and you've explained it, CO would look on it favorably. Besides, you wouldn't be the first one having to submit Japanese PCCs and I'm sure this has all happened before.

Just so you know, even if you applied for a time extension to submit details, the CO has the right to make a decision on the application with what he/she has.

What I'd say is to get in touch with the CO via Email and see what he/she has to say about this. If I were you, I'd get cracking.

Hope things work out for you. Good luck.

Hello,

As i needed police clearances from USA, UK, British Virgin Islands and Guyana, there was no way the 28 days would ever apply to me. You are not alone, explain your situation to your CO. I did and she gave me a 12 week extension on top of the initial 28 days. They are very accommodating, just be truthful.

Guest doniedsilva
Have you explained your situation to the CO? I'm sure that if its out of your control and you've explained it, CO would look on it favorably. Besides, you wouldn't be the first one having to submit Japanese PCCs and I'm sure this has all happened before.

Just so you know, even if you applied for a time extension to submit details, the CO has the right to make a decision on the application with what he/she has.

What I'd say is to get in touch with the CO via Email and see what he/she has to say about this. If I were you, I'd get cracking.

Hope things work out for you. Good luck.

Thank you so much. I have used an agent for the immigration process. Hence, all communication needs to be through the agent. I will ask the agent to let them know that it is beyond my control.

Thanks again......

Guest doniedsilva
As i needed police clearances from USA, UK, British Virgin Islands and Guyana, there was no way the 28 days would ever apply to me. You are not alone, explain your situation to your CO. I did and she gave me a 12 week extension on top of the initial 28 days. They are very accommodating, just be truthful.

Yes do understand. But they need some proof that I have applied which I am not able to furnish. Were you able to furnish the receipts/proofs for the PCCs?

Yes do understand. But they need some proof that I have applied which I am not able to furnish. Were you able to furnish the receipts/proofs for the PCCs?

The proof that i provided was the fedex airway bill to the FBI in USA and this seemed to suffice. I did not provide any receipts.

The proof that i provided was the fedex airway bill to the FBI in USA and this seemed to suffice. I did not provide any receipts.

I did exactly the same and they gave me extra 28 days, which were enough to get the result back from FBI and upload it. Now waiting for meds to finalize and get the answer on the visa.

As per my usual morning/afternoon/night ritual for the past two months, I checked the eVisa status site and at some point this morning a new line was added, "email sent to you". Other than that, everything else is the same and says "outstanding" , "required" and no ABPF. I'm yet to receive any email from DIAC but I did apply through an agent. I'm wondering if they would be the ones who receive the email?

Has any one else had this message pop up on their status page? what does it mean? should I be excited or worried? (please say excited :))

As per my usual morning/afternoon/night ritual for the past two months, I checked the eVisa status site and at some point this morning a new line was added, "email sent to you". Other than that, everything else is the same and says "outstanding" , "required" and no ABPF. I'm yet to receive any email from DIAC but I did apply through an agent. I'm wondering if they would be the ones who receive the email?

Has any one else had this message pop up on their status page? what does it mean? should I be excited or worried? (please say excited :))

Figure it out. My agent has requested that DIAC send an acknowledgement for the application and the email sent was the acknowledgement. The acknowledgement says that no CO has been allocated yet. Damn, I was excited for a moment there.

Back to the status checking rituals and waiting.:daydreaming: