New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

I dont want to publish more details but just to let you know, the speed DIAC processing is currently really fast. I am from a low risk country but got my CO assigned and medicals/ppc asked for after 15 calender days (175) - WOAH!

Wow that is amazing, 15 days wow. We submitted ours on 28 may but don't expect to hear anything just yet but if we do then :-) , gulp

Hi, Even my application status has changed to "Application Being Processed Further".

My application was done on 24th april and my 28 days of uploading the documents are done, can I still upload the PCC now or will it be available only when the CO requests for it ?

Medicals yesterday (3 hours of sitting, waiting, moving from room to room) glad they are all done! Should get the results back in 2weeks.

Australian Police Checks sent off last Weds....any idea how long they are taking to come back? I saw something a while ago saying there was a backlog?

UK Police Checks being sent off next week - luckily the OH had booked a trip home as we haven't known anyone for 2 yrs that can sign our pics over here!

to the guys who've got their PRs granted, did you all get that email as well about the skilledmigrant website? i didnt know they did that... or is that a new thing... as part of the skillselect process? i havent gone in there yet but apparently, it can help match people to prospective employers...

Guest irisheyesaresmiling
Medicals yesterday (3 hours of sitting, waiting, moving from room to room) glad they are all done! Should get the results back in 2weeks.

Australian Police Checks sent off last Weds....any idea how long they are taking to come back? I saw something a while ago saying there was a backlog?

UK Police Checks being sent off next week - luckily the OH had booked a trip home as we haven't known anyone for 2 yrs that can sign our pics over here!

In a few days i will be waiting a month for mine. But i applied from the UK. to be honest i was expecting to wait this long.

Mel & Bubblybabli ... did you get your COs assigned yet... you guys had your applications turned to 'Application being processed further' a few days before mine....

Patrick / Flo, I am willing to take on the task of updating the sheet and the forum if no one has volunteered yet.

to the guys who've got their PRs granted, did you all get that email as well about the skilledmigrant website? i didnt know they did that... or is that a new thing... as part of the skillselect process? i havent gone in there yet but apparently, it can help match people to prospective employers...

I got that email as well. I didn't know about that website. In fact, I thought they were going to decommission a similar database. Now the question is, I wonder if employers really use it.

I got that email as well. I didn't know about that website. In fact, I thought they were going to decommission a similar database. Now the question is, I wonder if employers really use it.

i have looked around, apparently, nobody who has come online to talk about it has ever been matched, regardless of the occupation. i did put my information in anyways, and there were no matches (as predicted). For the level of need for electrical engineers in Oz, i can only assume that employers have not actually gone on there to look for people.

I would recommend http://www.seek.com.au to anyone when it comes to job searches.

i have looked around, apparently, nobody who has come online to talk about it has ever been matched, regardless of the occupation. i did put my information in anyways, and there were no matches (as predicted). For the level of need for electrical engineers in Oz, i can only assume that employers have not actually gone on there to look for people.

I would recommend www.seek.com.au to anyone when it comes to job searches.

Or maybe the database is new and employers are unfamiliar with it yet? Either way, are you going to look for work from overseas or are you planning on applying from home? Also, did you validate your visa yet? I don't mean to ask so many questions and excuse me if I do lol, but I'm learning about this process as I go along myself! :laugh:

Or maybe the database is new and employers are unfamiliar with it yet? Either way, are you going to look for work from overseas or are you planning on applying from home? Also, did you validate your visa yet? I don't mean to ask so many questions and excuse me if I do lol, but I'm learning about this process as I go along myself! :laugh:

i thought it was new too but apparently, its been there a while, just nobody uses it.

I already validated my visa 2 weeks ago when i returned from NZ. And about jobs, I already have a job i have been working at for over a year but i am using seek for other prospective opportunities. lots of opportunities on there.

Its okay, ask away. i am happy to answer what i can.

Good work Sujit and Thanks for the effort :)

Hi all,

I have updated the google spreadsheet. I have taken the updates from page 770 Onwards and worked my way through the sheet. Please do let me know of any mistakes I might have made in the process.

The link to the spreadsheet is

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=1

Regards

Sujit

Guest Jivesha

Today I woke up to see our dreams come true. The magical word from the case officer...GRANT!!

After overcoming so many hurdles and bottlenecks, this is time for party...!!!!!

All the best for you, that are waiting for a CO or a grant. May your dreams come true too.

Congratulation and all the best for your future

Today I woke up to see our dreams come true. The magical word from the case officer...GRANT!!

After overcoming so many hurdles and bottlenecks, this is time for party...!!!!!

All the best for you, that are waiting for a CO or a grant. May your dreams come true too.

Hi sujit, thanks for updating the spreadsheet! it's so useful to have, our medicals were approved on the 13th, and since then our case officer had been in touch just requesting copies of payslips and tax slips to evidence employment and a copy of my passport(my current ones expired) so just waiting for new passport and hopefully we'll be purple! Can't believe it's all happening so quickly!

Edited by StaceyLacey
spelling