New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

hi guys,

Im in Auckland and got the grant letter last night.

Quick question though, do you have to do the evidencing in auckland, or can you use the grant letter to get back into Oz and then get it evidenced at the DIAC office?

my return flight is tomorrow and the "agency" that diac uses here says it will take 3 days to get the evidencing done...

Im confused!

Hi,

I apologize in advance to Oppyddrum for interrupting the flow of the thread, Please do read and respond to Oppyddrum's concerns, my concern is not a big deal.

I have been a devout follower of this thread ever since I have filed my application. Now, after the 'merge of all the threads into one' I am unable to see any application status after December 2011 on the first post. Please let me know if I should be looking some other thread for post Dec 2011 175 Application status. (there are some monthly ones out there, but I would prefer all of them in one place as it gives a fair understanding of the movement although I understand this is not an official thing).

Patrick W , I had pm'd you about it, please accept my apologies. I should have posted it here as this is the right forum.

Again, my apologies to any other poster's above if I have taken the discussion out of the flow.

Have a great day.

Edited by Sujit

Hi Sujit.

I sent the supervisor login details to Flo, who is administering the thread at the moment - now that SHandGH are moving onward and southward.

I'll try and sort that out in the meantime, though - but Flo will (I assume) be continuing with the administration of the thread.

Cheers

PatrickW

Hi Sujit.

I sent the supervisor login details to Flo, who is administering the thread at the moment - now that SHandGH are moving onward and southward.

I'll try and sort that out in the meantime, though - but Flo will (I assume) be continuing with the administration of the thread.

Cheers

PatrickW

Hi Patrik,

We just need to copy and paste post number 7543 to the first page. I can do this if you want to PM me the password for"cat4july2011".

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/121645-new-cat-4-july-1st-2011-a-755.html

Guest Rachter

Hi Oppydrum

Good to see you made to NZ. I am in EU on holidays and also just got the grant letter whooohooo! AM very confused as to the evidencing.... Does anyone know if we need to go to the Aus embassy to do this before arrival back in Aus? Even though I am on holidays, I am so excited to do this extra admin work :)

hi guys,

Im in Auckland and got the grant letter last night.

Quick question though, do you have to do the evidencing in auckland, or can you use the grant letter to get back into Oz and then get it evidenced at the DIAC office?

my return flight is tomorrow and the "agency" that diac uses here says it will take 3 days to get the evidencing done...

Im confused!

Hi Everybody

Just a quick update from me.

Police clearance certificates uploaded 17/05/2012 - mine changed to "met", but the wife's doesn't have her maiden name on it, so hopefully will get it sorted today and upload.

Medicals done 07/05/2012, arrived in Oz 28/05/2012 (needed extra letters from Dr) - mine changed to "met" 31/05/2012, the wife's is still referred

waiting, waiting, waiting.....:confused:

Hi Oppydrum

Good to see you made to NZ. I am in EU on holidays and also just got the grant letter whooohooo! AM very confused as to the evidencing.... Does anyone know if we need to go to the Aus embassy to do this before arrival back in Aus? Even though I am on holidays, I am so excited to do this extra admin work :)

ok, so i went to the embassy today, apparently, its okay to fly back with the grant letter and sort out the evidencing in Oz...

i guess im gonna find out tomorrow when i get back to Oz...

if you have the time though, i reckon you might as well get it evidenced before you return... that would be my preference... but i dont have 3 bus. days.

will touch bases with you when i get back to Oz...::fingers crossed::

Guest cat4july2011

Hi, all

PatrickW here - as promised, I've updated the first post to be up-to-date (or, as up-to-date as it was when Flo created the new thread).

There was a bit of a delay figuring out a way to copy the post with all formatting from post #7543 to post #1, but I've sorted it out now.

I'll now hand over the updating of the thread back to Flo, and I'll get back to stressing about why I don't have my visa yet, despite all documents showing 'Met' on the website.

PatrickW

Guest doniedsilva
Hi guys... I was away for some days...jst returned back...first thing I did was checking my status & latest on our this forum...congrates to all of those getting grants & COs.....things are going really fast now...hopefully now it will be our turn in a week or so...

I really hope so too. Will paper applications be delayed further?

Guest Rachter

Hey Oppydrum, So what did you have to do at the Aus Embassy? I did some research and found out the embassy here in France doesn't have a visa function anyway, so not able to get visa evidencing. I wonder if I fly back with the grant letter, they will recognize at the immigration counter? Did you notify work to cancel 457 already?

I told my CO when I am scheduled to fly back...

Guest Rachter

Hi there, I've been away travelling and can see the thread has been updated - looks great!

Just to provide some updated dates,

PCC: Last one sent 4 June

Granted: 5 June

IELTS 08/10/2011(Overall 9.0)| 175 Lodged 05/12/2011 | Meds Booked 01/05/2012 | PCC 1 out of 6 sent | CO 30/04/2012

Hi, all

PatrickW here - as promised, I've updated the first post to be up-to-date (or, as up-to-date as it was when Flo created the new thread).

There was a bit of a delay figuring out a way to copy the post with all formatting from post #7543 to post #1, but I've sorted it out now.

I'll now hand over the updating of the thread back to Flo, and I'll get back to stressing about why I don't have my visa yet, despite all documents showing 'Met' on the website.

PatrickW

Formatting looks good Patrick, well done and thank you.

Hey Oppydrum, So what did you have to do at the Aus Embassy? I did some research and found out the embassy here in France doesn't have a visa function anyway, so not able to get visa evidencing. I wonder if I fly back with the grant letter, they will recognize at the immigration counter? Did you notify work to cancel 457 already?

I told my CO when I am scheduled to fly back...

yes, i was told at the embassy that the grant letter will be recognized at the immigration counter. will know if that is for real or not in about 10hrs. will let you know.

as for the 457, i believe/assume that one cant have 2 visas at the same time so once the 175 has been approved, the 457 gets cancelled.

i only notified my work about this whole thing after i got my pre-grant. i will tell them i now have a PR when i get back but i reckon the 457 will be cancelled the moment i get into australia.

i will go evidence the 175 in sydney. usually, they will put a "cancelled without prejudice" stamp on the old/existing visa.

Hi all

My medicals were all marked as 'met' and 'finalised' on Saturday this past weekend. After doing the 6-8 online checks a day, I decided to give DIAC a gentle prompting, so I phoned the contact centre from home this morning. Not too bad a wait - the phonecall was only 9 minutes in total: just politely asking if there were any outstanding requirements from my side, if I needed to send anything final, how long it might take to get the visa finalised etc.

I was told by the operator, after looking up my details, that all was showing as met on their side, and my case looked decision-ready; so he made a note on the file for my case officer that all was in order.

When I got in to work, I checked my status routinely (ho hum) expecting nothing major, only to see "APPLICANT APPROVED" for the three of us!

We are so thrilled here! I've not stopped grinning like a Cheshire cat since I saw the online status - and the email was just behind, with all of the official documentation. Go Team 4!

We're not going to do a LSD visit, we'll just do the move over to Perth in around September-ish this year - depending on the house and car sales.

I'd like to express my sincere appreciation to the people who have administered this thread; you've done a great job - and the spreadsheet has been an invaluable resource (on a related note, please turn me PURPLE, baby!), and also to the people who have contributed to the thread; the personal glitches and questions and problems and snags in your own visa applications that you have shared, have asked the questions I've had; and your kind, sensible and supportive answers have provided me with the answers to my own issues.

Thanks again to everyone - you're a great crowd of people!

Hope to see you down under!

Cheers,

PatrickW

P.S. Can anyone explain the meaning of the following from my 'entitlement details' page: Enter before date: 13/04/2013 (normal, no problem); Must not arrive after: 06/05/2012 - seems a touch impossible to me...

Edited by PatrickW

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE - OUR VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED!!!!! :biglaugh:

I've been away for a few days so I've not been able to update, but our visa was granted on Monday. My husband and I are so so so so so so happy.

We've only just told his parents, but I'm very nervous about telling mine. They know that we are waiting but it has all happened quite fast. I can't say anything at work yet so I'm so grateful I have you guys on PIO.

We now need to sort out jobs, rent out the house, and get quotes for moving our stuff. We're hoping to be in Melbourne later on this year, but it just depends on how quickly we can secure jobs.

Just like PatrickW, I would like to say a big big thank you to everyone on this thread for the advice and support over the months. You've kept me sane!!

Thanks again everyone

Jit

Congratulations Guys!!! Soooo Happy for you!!!

Just on a side note, i was just wondering, after your visa is granted, how long do you have before you must enter Australia? Is it 1 year from the date the visa is granted?

Hi StaceyLacey,

one year from Pccs or Meds finalisation, whichever was first. :wink:

Thanks StaceyLacey and Bloomberg

It says on our status that we have until 28th May 2013 to enter Australia to validate our visa and also gives a date 5 years down the line for the validity of our visa (see below)

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 40%]Your visa is valid until:[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]04/06/2017 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 40%]You are allowed to make:[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 40%]You must not arrive in Australia after:[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]28/05/2013 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 40%]Your period of stay is:[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Indefinite [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi all

My medicals were all marked as 'met' and 'finalised' on Saturday this past weekend. After doing the 6-8 online checks a day, I decided to give DIAC a gentle prompting, so I phoned the contact centre from home this morning. Not too bad a wait - the phonecall was only 9 minutes in total: just politely asking if there were any outstanding requirements from my side, if I needed to send anything final, how long it might take to get the visa finalised etc.

I was told by the operator, after looking up my details, that all was showing as met on their side, and my case looked decision-ready; so he made a note on the file for my case officer that all was in order.

When I got in to work, I checked my status routinely (ho hum) expecting nothing major, only to see "APPLICANT APPROVED" for the three of us!

We are so thrilled here! I've not stopped grinning like a Cheshire cat since I saw the online status - and the email was just behind, with all of the official documentation. Go Team 4!

We're not going to do a LSD visit, we'll just do the move over to Perth in around September-ish this year - depending on the house and car sales.

I'd like to express my sincere appreciation to the people who have administered this thread; you've done a great job - and the spreadsheet has been an invaluable resource (on a related note, please turn me PURPLE, baby!), and also to the people who have contributed to the thread; the personal glitches and questions and problems and snags in your own visa applications that you have shared, have asked the questions I've had; and your kind, sensible and supportive answers have provided me with the answers to my own issues.

Thanks again to everyone - you're a great crowd of people!

Hope to see you down under!

Cheers,

PatrickW

P.S. Can anyone explain the meaning of the following from my 'entitlement details' page: Enter before date: 13/04/2013 (normal, no problem); Must not arrive after: 06/05/2012 - seems a touch impossible to me...

Great news PatrickW and congratulations!!!

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE - OUR VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED!!!!! :biglaugh:

I've been away for a few days so I've not been able to update, but our visa was granted on Monday. My husband and I are so so so so so so happy.

We've only just told his parents, but I'm very nervous about telling mine. They know that we are waiting but it has all happened quite fast. I can't say anything at work yet so I'm so grateful I have you guys on PIO.

We now need to sort out jobs, rent out the house, and get quotes for moving our stuff. We're hoping to be in Melbourne later on this year, but it just depends on how quickly we can secure jobs.

Just like PatrickW, I would like to say a big big thank you to everyone on this thread for the advice and support over the months. You've kept me sane!!

Thanks again everyone

Jit

Congratulations Jit7!!!! Good luck in your new life down under!!!