New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest Lori2011
OMG I received an email this morning from a job I saw on seek, as it was direct through the company I did not apply for the position but sent a letter of interest. This is the response I have received back this morning.:shocked:

Hello Anne,

thank you for you resume and email.

We were very impressed with your experience and would be more than happy to have you along for an interview once you have settled here in Australia.

We are on the Gold Coast in Queensland.

We have decided to go with an agency engineer until early next year, so will re open our full time position then. This may work in well with your situation.

Here is a more detailed look at the position.

So guys keep looking on seek and even though we don’t have the golden ticket yet there is no reason why we can’t send C.V’s out this letter has just blown me away I am gonna try and keep in touch with the company over the next few months and then if anything goes west with the visa process (i love U Diac) we might just be able to gain sponsorship. :jiggy::jiggy::hug::hug::notworthy:

What do you mean with "seek", is that a website? Haven't heard of it! My agent didn't tell me anything

Guest Lori2011
OMG OMG OMG

I cant stop shaking we have a CO :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:and I am at work but really shocked excited and all the rest I haven't been able to tell my husband as he is at work, we have been asigned team 4:biglaugh::wacko::biglaugh:

Tania

OMG!!!! Congrats!!!!! Im so happy for you!!! Great news for this weekend!!!!!

We're not sure where we want to be but in 2009 we applied for Qld State sponsorship so thats what the CO is processing for us. Everyone that applied for a 175 is probably better off than we are now (after all that hassle having to prove funds & reasons for wanting to move etc to Qld!!). Although I have asked if we could revert back to a 175, I'm not too worried about which visa we get, judging by the reply.

Anyway, Mother-in-law lives in Qld so what better reason do I need to move there? lol :wink:

Mandy x

Tania Are you going to Manchester for your meds see if you can book the 19th sept so we can sit their like giggling girls.

All you with no requests will have a visa grant as soon as meds are sorted hope my docs are ok, wish CO would update online progress so we can see what else is still required. I am cross at my agent that this was not picked up on lodgement, that is why I used an agent. I could have put together a half ready application. I am megga stressing now (but that is me think I have OCD) I need to check, check, and double check things. hate not knowing.

I think we will be looking around that time I will let you know once we have booked. :biggrin:

Congratulations Tania, That is great news.....Now we are back at school, I don't get a chance to log on as much.. Hoepfully everyone of us oldies will have a CO soon.

Su x

Hi Su

I was surprised when I got back to work that I could get on this forum as they are normally blocked, I so hope you hear something soon I am sure it wont be long now.

Tania

I am sorry..... Belated congrates to Tania and other 4 mates.... I did not know because I was not visiting sites from many days....

Thanks and yes you have missed quite a lot as things have now picked up and we are now seeing around 4 this week and last get CO or visa grant and 6 Co and 1 visa grant this week so it has been a really busy week this week :jiggy:

Tania

I have butterflies for us all. It is so exciting. Let's hope the DIAC keep this up and another 6 get a CO next week.

PS - Anyone moving or planning to move to Adelaide?

Hi

We are hoping to move to Adelaide, hopefully if we get granted the visa we will go next year for a look around and see where that takes us!!:biggrin:

Have you ever been before?

Tracy

Hi

We are hoping to move to Adelaide, hopefully if we get granted the visa we will go next year for a look around and see where that takes us!!:biggrin:

Have you ever been before?

Tracy

we have.... for holidays. It was hot and dry and the restaurants were great and the market too :wink:

That's different though from living there, I know.

We plan to move somewhere in 2012, depending on the sale of our house...

Update for this week

for those that got CO and Visa granted congratulations to

Name: Reco5150

Date of Visa application: 14/02/11

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Civil Engineer (ANZCO : Eng Technologist)

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 05/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Name: dfrolic

Date of Visa application: 06/11/10

Nationality: Russian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: off

Post-14th July Category: 3rd

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: hope this year

Date visa granted:

Name: crystal2005

Date of Visa application: 27 May 2011

Nationality: IDN

Trade/profession: Analyst Programmer

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: 05/09/11

Date visa granted: N/A

Name: mjkwon

Date of Visa application: 27/6/2011

Nationality: S.Korean

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Software Engineer(261313)

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: Onshore (Paper)

Post-14th July Category: 3 (4 after 1st of July, 2011)

Medicals submitted: Booked

Police check submitted: 27/6/2011

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date visa granted:07/09/11

Name:TraxFM

Date of Visa application:June 2009

Nationality:British

High/Low Risk:Low

Trade/profession:Fitter

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):5

Post-14th July Category:4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:07/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):N/a

Date visa granted:

Name:TANIAHOLMES

Date of Visa application: 04.11.08

Trade/profession: FITTER

Visa type: 175/176

State: QLD

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable):

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: yes

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 09/09/11

Date visa granted:

Additional Info (IF applicable): From 1st July 2011 my OH occupation will be put back on the SOL

Name: Asjad

Date of Visa application: 7th July 2010

Nationality: Indian

Trade/profession: Metal Machinist (First Class)

Visa type: GSM 475 Skilled Regional Sponsorship from (Nsw-Murray)

Onshore/offshore: Off Shore

Post-14th July Category: Category 4

Medicals submitted: Not Yet

Police check submitted: Not Yet

Date CO assigned:01/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable): No

Date visa granted: Waiting......

What a fantastic week it has been for CO and visa grant :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: lets hope they keep it up, good luck to everyone for next week :hug::hug::hug:

TANIA

CONGRATULATIONS TANIA!!!! WHAT FABULOUS NEWS!! I definitely feel all our times are coming! Even VB is getting positive ;o):wink::laugh::cool::biglaugh::jiggy:

Thanks and yes I noticed the positive comment :biggrin: :biglaugh: from VB things are improving and I still believe it will be cat 5 turn in this financial year :jiggy:

Tania

Well I am going to book my medicals tomorrow, this is going to cost us just short of

£1500. :policeman: and then send of the police checks on Tuesday. :biggrin:

Good luck Tania.

A quick survey question for all the April/May/June 2011 175 subclass applicants....

We've seen the offical DIAC timeline jump pretty dramatically recently to show 9 December 2010 (or thereabouts) as the official date for all applicants to have received COs, and every week we're seeing more and more Jan and Feb applicants getting COs or grants. So at this rate they are going to reach their target of having all 18 March email recipients assigned COs before 30 September. Even if they slow down after this and process at a speed of one calendar month of applications per one calendar month actual, then we should all expect to have COs before Christmas!!

So we're seriously thinking about getting the ball rolling on our PCCs and medicals, booking the latter in for mid-October. Anyone else in the same boat thinking about doing the same?? We've front loaded every other possible piece of information, so these should really be the only two things left they need. If we do go ahead, does anyone have any idea how we send the PCCs - i read somewhere about sending them to an e-mail address with your TRN? Also, the medicals are going to be through e-health - do we need any other codes other than TRN to give to the medical centre?

I've felt so organised throughout the whole process and suddenly everything seems to be happening at once (work, visa, personal life, etc) and its all becoming a bit bewildering!! Lol Oh and we'll be doing our meds in Edinburgh, so would love to hear from anyone else who has used them and how easy it all was!

Thanks! :-)

p.s. Tania, you're doing a great job of this thread and I'm really pleased to see your application moving to the next stage - all fingers crossed for you and your family! x

A quick survey question for all the April/May/June 2011 175 subclass applicants....

We've seen the offical DIAC timeline jump pretty dramatically recently to show 9 December 2010 (or thereabouts) as the official date for all applicants to have received COs, and every week we're seeing more and more Jan and Feb applicants getting COs or grants. So at this rate they are going to reach their target of having all 18 March email recipients assigned COs before 30 September. Even if they slow down after this and process at a speed of one calendar month of applications per one calendar month actual, then we should all expect to have COs before Christmas!!

So we're seriously thinking about getting the ball rolling on our PCCs and medicals, booking the latter in for mid-October. Anyone else in the same boat thinking about doing the same?? We've front loaded every other possible piece of information, so these should really be the only two things left they need. If we do go ahead, does anyone have any idea how we send the PCCs - i read somewhere about sending them to an e-mail address with your TRN? Also, the medicals are going to be through e-health - do we need any other codes other than TRN to give to the medical centre?

I've felt so organised throughout the whole process and suddenly everything seems to be happening at once (work, visa, personal life, etc) and its all becoming a bit bewildering!! Lol Oh and we'll be doing our meds in Edinburgh, so would love to hear from anyone else who has used them and how easy it all was!

p.s. Tania, you're doing a great job of this thread and I'm really pleased to see your application moving to the next stage - all fingers crossed for you and your family! x

Thanks.

If you go ahead and book your medicals you can always change the date if you need to bring it forward or delay, your medicals will be sent to HOC this is the medical processing center this is done by who ever does your medicals maybe you will have to inform DIAC that you have gone and done your medicals, as for your police checks I don't know as we will send ours to our agent, I did my medicals last year in Manchester but they have since run out we found the whole experience quick and easy I almost wanted it to be more and take longer for the money we paid, just remember you have 12 months from the day you do your medicals to be in Aus or validate.

Tania

So we're seriously thinking about getting the ball rolling on our PCCs and medicals, booking the latter in for mid-October. Anyone else in the same boat thinking about doing the same??

Hi dundeeboi82,

We applied 24/03/2011 and our medicals are booked for 30 September. We decided that we're willing to take the risk since we want to be in Oz next year September. Whether DIAC agrees with our timeline,we'll have to see.

I must also just add that it seems as if in South Africa we pay about a third you guys pay over there so thats definitely also influencing our decision,won't loose too much if medicals expire. We've also already applied for police clearance as it takes 6-8 weeks to get this in South Africa.

Good luck with your decision!

A

I don't think it's wise to do medicals so soon. You applied 15th of June and only several applicants from January and February have been contacted by a CO or have got their visas. What happens if after they process all the applications before 18th March they decide to clear cat 5 or suspend cat 4 processing for various reasons as it happened in the past? You might have both your PCC and medicals expired or get an entry date which is say one month after the grant.

I have big doubts that they will reach March by 30th September as they estimated. Probably you think it's possible because they just jumped almost 3 months in the last update, but that's because they had already processed most of September, October and November. So they just had to process the leftovers whereas December, January and so on are far from being finished. And not everyone that applied before got that letter.

If I was you I would do my medicals and PCC as soon as I see applicants from April 2011 getting grants. You will still have enough time to undertake your health exam then and the worst that could happen is to get the grant a few days later than if you had got it with a decision-ready application.